Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

tried longbow hunstman on legend last night and it just felt insanely anemic

like two ults and my entire quiver of arrows into a chaos spawn doing less than 800 damage anemic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

Ruggington posted:

like two ults and my entire quiver of arrows into a chaos spawn doing less than 800 damage anemic

Something is going disastrously wrong if this is the case. He still does more boss damage than just about anything.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Digirat posted:

I stroked some butts last night and got plenty of ammo for it. Like xaris says it can be obnoxiously rare but when you get the crit on a whole pack of guys you instantly go 0 to full ammo :mrgw:

yeah I dont have any evidence ot back this up, but I suspect Buttstroke does not benefit from Crit Chance on Weapon nor Trinket, so its just your innate 5% crit chance because there's no way that it's close to having 15% crit with modifiers

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Voyager I posted:

Something is going disastrously wrong if this is the case. He still does more boss damage than just about anything.

yeah I have no clue

it was skittergate and i also popped a strength potion and ulted on the mid-boss and still barely did like 1/8th of his bar

this is at like 580 hero power

im depressed lol
Mar 12, 2013

cunts are still running the show.

Ruggington posted:

Ruggington posted:

yeah I have no clue

it was skittergate and i also popped a strength potion and ulted on the mid-boss and still barely did like 1/8th of his bar

this is at like 580 hero power

What the gently caress did you just loving say, you little huntsmen post 1.08 patch mayfly? I'll have you know I am a child of Athel Loren, and I've been involved in numerous secret raids on Bile Trolls and Chaos Spawn. I have over 2,000 confirmed boss damage on every scoreboard. I am trained in Hagbane warfare and I'm the top sniper in the entire Elven armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another carry. I will wipe you the gently caress out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my loving words lumberfoot.

https://gfycat.com/BlackandwhiteDeepGoral

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2018/05/23/why-it-feels-great-to-hit-things-in-vermintide-2/

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Cpt_Obvious posted:

The key is to just block everyone, and only read your own posts.

Question: Any advice for doomdorf ranger melee weapons? I’ve been using 2h hammer almost exclusively since launch, but I got a red pick I have no idea how to use. Also, I really want to make the 2h axe work.

They buffed the 2h axe and with the 25% power on reload talent you're looking at crazy good damage. I really wanna try the warpick but i can't put down the 2h axe--with SS and a strength potion light attacks will wreck bosses so quickly.

The warpick is great but it takes some getting used to, basically its light attacks are charged attacks with the 2h hammer but slightly less stagger and more enemies damaged. Run 10% PvC, 5% atk speed with SS, you'll stagger everything but a CW with light attacks even in hordes. Use the 1st charged attack against everything unless you have time to use the full charged attack in which case enjoy 1 shotting everything but CW's though with 20% PvC and the 25% power when reloading talent you might be able to 1 shot them on champ again. You want to use the 1st charged attack against bosses just because most bosses will move too much for you to hit them enough with the super charged attack.

The shotgun was fun but the handgun is where it's at, 2 shotting CW's with head shots and telling every single special to get hosed from all ranges is great.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

that's a great read and all but I'm having a problem with something

if your name is Mats Andersson and you're being interviewed about creating the combat for vermintide 2, why would you not demand to be referred to as Mats "Rats" Andersson?

Fuuka Ayase
Apr 25, 2017

Literally Hitler

Fishstick posted:

You sure it was stormvermin, and not storms?

https://giant.gfycat.com/TheseInfatuatedBluebird.webm

I did this tonight except it was a haystack. And after a little while the storm realized it could go OVER the haystack. And did. Then I ran. Like a bitch.

Cpt_Obvious posted:

The greatest threat to bomBardin are your teammates.

I confess I killed the gently caress out of someone with one while tweaking a doomdwarf build. I felt really bad about it, but at the same time the situation was pretty bad.

And hey they respawned not too far away. Technically, I found the first way to HEAL someone with EXPLOSIVES. Thank me for my brilliance after you've helped your team with this technique. I don't mind.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

lol every time there's a six inch drop half the party instantly dies

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Didn't expect this to happen today but yay :buddy:

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
I can officially never not be playing Zealot now

Shame I'm out of greens so its stuck on 5% crit/20% crit power instead of 5/5 crit/speed, 600 blue dust just sitting there taunting me. :rip:

Still managed to top everything in Legend with him tho, zealot owns

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

Xaris posted:

yeah I dont have any evidence ot back this up, but I suspect Buttstroke does not benefit from Crit Chance on Weapon nor Trinket, so its just your innate 5% crit chance because there's no way that it's close to having 15% crit with modifiers

I was playing Ranger with a scrougner setup last night; I think scrounger isn't triggering properly. I can hear crits go off as I'm buttstroking, but I get no ammo back about half the time.

Xaris posted:

I can officially never not be playing Zealot now

Is that the red fist-flail? I love the fistflail. Fistflail.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Fishstick posted:

Scrounger...

Is that the red fist-flail? I love the fistflail. Fistflail.
I dunno, I'll have to dust off my old dorf man, but it was always super screwy and sometimes would just not work at all for like 50+ hits until I like switched weapons or something back or who knows, it's very fatsharkian in it's execution. Could also be things with host-non-host and 1.0.8 as well but I know it used to work at least in 1.0.6 or earlier.

yeah, just got it tonight! Makes up for getting 5 red necklaces. Less dumb angle exaggerating my huge fisting prowes

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
The fire sword is good

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Schneider Inside Her posted:

The fire sword is good

Please elaborate on the goodness of the flaming sword because I know the sword-rear end-sword has Kruber's moveset and is therefore solid, the Mace apparently is Sienna's best melee weapon, and I don't want to use the dagger because it is smol.

edgar_
Sep 4, 2003

kampen mot gud og hvite krist er i gang
Grimey Drawer
I'm trying to figure out the right properties to roll on some weapons. Does a Rat Ogre count as Skaven or Monster for +% damage? Both? What about Chaos Warriors? Chaos and/or armored? Does anywhere break this down reliably

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

edgar_ posted:

I'm trying to figure out the right properties to roll on some weapons. Does a Rat Ogre count as Skaven or Monster for +% damage? Both? What about Chaos Warriors? Chaos and/or armored? Does anywhere break this down reliably

Armored: Chaos Maulers, Stormfiends, Stormvermins (both types) and Ratling Gunners, and Champion heads. Champion body armor is boss type.

Monsters: Bile Troll, Chaos Spawn, Rat Ogre, Stormfiend, Packmaster

Infantry: Anything else

Race: Literally anything of that race, including stuff that falls under previous categories; ie +Chaos also affects Chaos Spawns, Maulers, the trash, blightstormers, etc.

Generally the safest bet is Infantry + [Race] as those are the most inclusive properties. Stacking inf and chaos so you get 20% inf/chaos total usually hits you some breakpoints so maulers/marauders take one less hit to kill.

Fishstick fucked around with this message at 16:43 on May 26, 2018

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Ranger bardin would be about a million times better if F didn't break your block

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Fishstick posted:

Armored: Chaos Maulers, Stormfiends, Stormvermins (both types) and Ratling Gunners, and Champion heads. Champion body armor is boss type.

Race: Literally anything of that race, including stuff that falls under previous categories; ie +Chaos also affects Chaos Spawns, Maulers, the trash, blightstormers, etc.

Generally the safest bet is Infantry + [Race] as those are the most inclusive properties. Stacking inf and chaos so you get 20% inf/chaos total usually hits you some breakpoints so maulers/marauders take one less hit to kill.

only thing to add here is that berserkers are their own thing and do not count as infantry - beyond that yeah there are a lot of specials subsumed in the infantry/unarmored type and it includes blightstormers, leeches, gutter runners, and globadiers, which is important to keep in mind imho

Fuuka Ayase
Apr 25, 2017

Literally Hitler

toasterwarrior posted:

Please elaborate on the goodness of the flaming sword because I know the sword-rear end-sword has Kruber's moveset and is therefore solid, the Mace apparently is Sienna's best melee weapon, and I don't want to use the dagger because it is smol.

I've said the fire sword is bad before, but I hesitate to harp on it too much cause it's bad in a sort of weird way? On a basic level, it's just the sword with different heavies. The lights and push-stab should be the same making for the same good combo loops. The first heavy is pulled directly from the dagger except NOTICABLY bigger aoe size while NOTICEABLY slower to come out. The second heavy is a cleaving sweep. I'll get this out of the way and say the fire dot is nigh meaningless, but that's normal for Sienna.

It's got some good parts to it, but they're combined in a way that I am not sure is cohesive. Making it quite a weird weapon to use that is.. good but awkward? If that is even such a thing I can say as an awkward weapon usually means it's bad.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
It's third light is a weird poke with lovely AP instead of the overhead chop with massive AP, which is a big deal since that was like the only passable AP attack to start with.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Just had the weirdest legend run on quickplay, join in halfway dealing with a laggy swarm of chaos warriors and maulers at the mid-way point, dealt with them with one other guy while another was dead and the elf was alone way up ahead, after that, the entire rest of the map was completely devoid of enemies, not a single horde for 5 minutes of walking, very few ambient enemies, host said his computer was recent and that the run was normal up until then.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Just had the weirdest legend run on quickplay, join in halfway dealing with a laggy swarm of chaos warriors and maulers at the mid-way point, dealt with them with one other guy while another was dead and the elf was alone way up ahead, after that, the entire rest of the map was completely devoid of enemies, not a single horde for 5 minutes of walking, very few ambient enemies, host said his computer was recent and that the run was normal up until then.

this happens when the host's computer gets confused as to everyone's location, which can rarely happen when someone is dead if their corpse flops through the world or something. the position doesn't always update properly when the revive happens if it can't find where the player WAS, so to the game it can still look like you are down people, which causes reduced hordes, reduced ambients, and an overall easier experience.

basically i've seen this before and it's always a loving lemony snickett sort of story on how it came to be

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Starting to get a feel for Sienna, them green circles are mine.

Her biggest weakness is '2-3 slave rats surrounding her and taking turns hitting her', I still mess up the timing sometimes.

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

Got my first red while playing the elf for the first time in weeks and its a swiftbow. Thanks.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Fishstick posted:

Not sure if verminbuilds is correct anymore but you should theoretically be able to get power vs chaos and skaven on your weapon and charm so you'd be rocking 20% power vs everything on the map. It's also important to point out that power vs doesn't stop poo poo like armor mitigation and such so power vs armored/monsters is really useless. The fact that power vs race will work on literally everything including bosses also makes it a no brainer. It's very rare that power break SV 1 hit cap which is the only reason you'd wanna rock power vs skaven/armored where power vs chaos will help you deal more damage to far more enemies.

Honestly they should bump down vs skaven/chaos to 5% and leave everything else at 10% but at this point you're better off just removing the rest and keeping power vs skaven/chaos. It's a system that clearly needs refinement but i'm pretty sure once you start refining it you'd just end up scrapping the power system because that's the next logical step haha.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Antares posted:

Got my first red while playing the elf for the first time in weeks and its a swiftbow. Thanks.

I haven't tried swiftbow since the big hero power changes, but nobody seems to be using it anymore, it's a shame because it was my old favorite.

You could turn bosses into pin-cushions with your infinite ammo bow.

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I haven't tried swiftbow since the big hero power changes, but nobody seems to be using it anymore, it's a shame because it was my old favorite.

I dunno what the meta answer is but my feeling is similar to the melee weapons, if it isn't slow with good AP it isn't worth the time it takes to fire.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

i see it fairly often on pubby elfes because its good for green circles, extremely bad for winning/the team. so of course they're gunna run it

antares is correct that anything that doesn't have good ap is probably not worth using.

Fuuka Ayase
Apr 25, 2017

Literally Hitler
You just need to make sure your loadout is complementary. A swift bow would go decently with something heavy in AP that is slow or single target. Turn hordes in to pincushions and go to town on elites with melee.

im depressed lol
Mar 12, 2013

The dream...

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Really starting to feel Sienna now.

She's a DPS machine, I can see her going down quickly on Legend though.

Fuuka Ayase
Apr 25, 2017

Literally Hitler
Now do those numbers with higher team damage and teammates convinced that line of sight isn't a thing.

im depressed lol
Mar 12, 2013

Phlegmish posted:

Really starting to feel Sienna now.

She's a DPS machine, I can see her going down quickly on Legend though.

Oi she is https://youtu.be/kovpmgIbyv0?t=26m08s

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

I'm really liking warpick doomdwarf. 2h hammer is probably better but I prefer horde sweeps on m1 than charging up. We'll see how it is once the bugs get fixed though. His ult is lackluster now so I was surprised they removed the auto crit. At least warpick charged attack does good boss damage.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1BxY3mxGN0

im depressed lol
Mar 12, 2013

I know that feel, Stormfiend https://gfycat.com/ThriftyFlickeringCattle

Edit: After watching this in slo-mo it looks like he manages to get a punch out somehow after his heavy attack right before he goes into regen state I guess? Still gently caress you game.

im depressed lol fucked around with this message at 04:53 on May 28, 2018

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
As slayer, jumped in a legendary lobby hosted by a very snotty beam staff pyromancer who very much wanted to camp from exploit spot to exploit spot and was quite rude to a team that would much prefer to just play the game thank you.

So when he and I are last up at the river of the fort after already losing a tome, and he orders me to go ahead and get the other two so he could camp the cliffside and i dunno, provide moral support while i'm out of LoS? I dunno what his plan was, but my plan was to vault the second book into the river.

Waste my time huh? Two can play that game. People really want there to be strategies deeper than "stick together, do damage quick, block more" but there just aren't! Even Halescourge doesn't get much harder than "spread out a little, do damage quick, focus adds"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Tagichatn posted:

I'm really liking warpick doomdwarf. 2h hammer is probably better but I prefer horde sweeps on m1 than charging up. We'll see how it is once the bugs get fixed though. His ult is lackluster now so I was surprised they removed the auto crit. At least warpick charged attack does good boss damage.

https://gfycat.com/SnarlingMarvelousGlowworm

https://gfycat.com/CompassionateDismalAfricanclawedfrog

sneaky baby is strong