Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Never play the elf; always shoot the 1hp elf in the back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

What the christ, I just started a QP game into Blight Reaper and I don't have the DLC.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

trust no 1
not even ur elf

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Knobb Manwich posted:

What the christ, I just started a QP game into Blight Reaper and I don't have the DLC.

welcome to 2009?

Also, always pick elf or slayer unless you are a frothing idiot

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

Knobb Manwich posted:

Everyone gets a turn to run Blightreaper/Pit/Skittergate twenty loving times in a row. This week it's everyones' turn.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Will never not enjoy the elf going ahead then getting massively owned while the rest of the group hangs back and laughs about it.

Willie Tomg posted:

Everyone gets a turn to run Blightreaper/Pit/Skittergate twenty loving times in a row. This week it's everyones' turn.

Yeah people in game had told me one person in groups needs to DLC, but it turns out anyone can QP into it but someone needs it to do custom games on it. People in game were wrong about game what a shocker.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Why do you all play with poo poo elfs/not play the elf?

In my games I cheer when I see waywatcher, because I know she'll at least murder a bunch of rats to take pressure off.

Same for shield ironbreaker because I know he'll facetank a lot of pressure off. Perhaps even moreso with him bc even though he isn't optimal, everyone who picks him is a dedicated team player in my experience.

Edgar Allen Ho fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Nov 6, 2018

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

What about 2h hammer ironbreaker, rats can't hit you if they're all lying down!

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013
Don't trust a lying rat.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures

Digirat posted:

trust no 1
not even ur elf

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013
Every part of that image is perfection.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Knobb Manwich posted:

Never play the elf; always shoot the 1hp elf in the back.

It's impossible to play elf unless you host, her slot is almost always taken

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Phlegmish posted:

It's impossible to play elf unless you host, her slot is almost always taken

There are so few games going in Australia that you may as well play what you want, you'll probably get a full crew by the end of the map anyway.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Sounds kind of awful but as long as you get a full roster eventually I guess it's OK.

I actually recently decided to go back to elf, but as I've said I've played almost no games as her because I don't feel like hosting and she's nearly always taken. 80% of the time when there's one slot free on Legend, it's either Sienna or Saltzpyre.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

How's the playerbase overall doing? I have 2 friends I play with the past week or so and we get a rando to drop in most games but with 3 people we can still do champ with a bot. The game overall really hangs on at least being able to rustle up some pubs though.

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

The beta population is where a lot of the Legend players are hanging out for the time being, so I imagine there's a bit of a split from "Never plays above Veteran" and "Never plays Veteran" between the two branches at the moment.

I still rarely have trouble finding a game during peak hours on Beta.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
The new vampire pirate admiral generic characters in Total War Warhammer sound shockingly similar to Sienna. I suspect it's the same VA, and I want to hear more of her.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Finished merc krubs challenges and working on huntsman now--huntsman is totally loving fine. I run the group support build of heal dupe+share with mace and shield, it works wonders with abuncha NB users because i can heal share them off white health and i get a ton of heals to work with. Merc kruber running dupe+share is actually really powerful with a group running all NB because his shout effectively tops off the NB users and healshare will get them off white. I'm rocking mace+shield with the repeater rifle and i basically feel like the old BH because ammo retention is super easy with crits. Get a head shot to proc the 25% crit chance then get another headshot and you're getting 5% ammo back constantly.

I think my ideal setup is going to be heal bitch bardin with dupe+share because he's already got that innate 10% heal dupe so he'll be rocking 35% heal dupe. Definitely going to stay with the grudgeraker but the question is melee--shield weapons add so much utility and control but warpick/2h axe definitely add killing power.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

God I forgot how much loving fun being a Slayer is.

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

Night10194 posted:

God I forgot how much loving fun being a Slayer is.

yesss dual axes and you can just be in constant blood frenzy

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

It's like everything I loved about the daggers and the hatchet except it's like the Ratfight 1 Hatchet and I don't have to be a sissy elf like the daggers.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Agent355 posted:

How's the playerbase overall doing? I have 2 friends I play with the past week or so and we get a rando to drop in most games but with 3 people we can still do champ with a bot. The game overall really hangs on at least being able to rustle up some pubs though.

Are you in the Discord?

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
that barkskin change seems nice, the deadliest moments ive had in this game are when multiple mobs chain attacks on me and i dont block/push/dodge in time, so i eat up to 6 hits or whatever

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

Agent355 posted:

Even during off hours Legend usually has a double handful of lobbies with slots open even if the tendency is toward gimmick builds fueled by too many True Solo videos with no understanding of how the game changes when you don't touch books, host every time, have nobody else triggering spawns and can use 100% of every heal you find. Champ is a little sleepier--generally there's as many Legend lobbies as all other difficulties combined. I follow a couple streamers who've been trying to break into VT2 after grabbing it on sale, and the new player experience is a Whole Lotta Oof. Especially compared to the first game. That's gonna make it really really difficult for the game to rebound in pop.

Popular XCOM guy Beagle described recruit as "like those Ubisoft E3 videos where actors pretend to play multiplayer in a scripted sequence" which is accurate to the kid glove treatment of Recruit, and he got a toe into the crafting screen before Nope'ing out of it. And you can't skip that bit either, so there's this ablative wall of like 3-4 hours of really boring Recruit runs you gotta push through in order to get to that good stuff.

If you're on the goon discord though, as long as you get 2 people in a legend lobby you can guilt at least two other people into a game on the beta client.

Willie Tomg fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Nov 7, 2018

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Got owned at the end of The Pit at the finale. One dude fell, next went to grab them and fell, I went to jump across the gap back to them, then a half second later realised the two planks left overhanging the edge aren't actually solid and are just a visual effect.

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013
Owned in the most Fatshark of ways.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
If somebody falls in the pit end run they're dead. Don't save them, don't grab their books, they're gone, and hopefully they know not walk there next time.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Never leave a man, woman or dwarf behind. :colbert:

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

Willie Tomg posted:

If somebody falls in the pit end run they're dead. Don't save them, don't grab their books, they're gone, and hopefully they know not walk there next time.

After the chaos warriors bust through the walls, it's literally just slave spawns until you leave. If you've got a couple of bombs and your abilities up it's super easy to just murder them and casually walk away.

Most people don't, but it's an option.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Yeah i generally pause at the CW spawn then kill all the trash using the building to shield us from the bullets to ensure everything is good.

I love how people are bitching about the goddamn BoP again haha granted the heat style ammo thing sounds really fun if they make it between the repeater pistol and xbow in terms of damage. The new NB is loving nice because now the heal bitch build is even better for the team with healshare granting perm health. The buffed shal sounds interesting but its also confusing i'll have to test it.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

Relentless posted:

After the chaos warriors bust through the walls, it's literally just slave spawns until you leave. If you've got a couple of bombs and your abilities up it's super easy to just murder them and casually walk away.

Most people don't, but it's an option.

After half a dozen stormvermin, berzerkers, maulers, and then the CWs, all during the unavoidable chip damage, that's a big If, imo. If they fall, then all of that stuff is catching up to you after it bleeds your stamina while you rez assuming an overhead attack from one of the fifteen elites doesn't break your block/rez animation entirely.

Jewelry changes are nice. Ranged changes good. Talent tweaks are okay. Dual swords were utterly out of control so that's lovely but understandable and now there's a reason to occasionally shove in between light spam into hordes. Sword and dagger weren't really crying out for additional nerfs, that's just pushing food around on the plate, I'm beginning to doubt the weapons balance dude even plays the game. 2hander dodge count isn't gonna set the world on fire. The one handed axe is better, but still a throw pick with density hosed up like it is and only hitting one target per swing.

Willie Tomg fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Nov 8, 2018

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

quote:

Brace of Pistols (Saltzpyre) *

Increased damage versus armor.
Slightly increased damage on close range.
Increased damage on long range.
Reduced spread (tighter crosshair).
Reduced movement speed slow while aiming from 65% reduction to 15%.

This is gonna be nuts and I love it

Unfortunately most of the voices still giving them feedback at this point are in full tryhard mode and I don't expect this to last.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
How do you opt in beta? Seems it require a beta access code on Steam. Furthermore, what's considered the best weapon types for Sienna?

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

Iceclaw posted:

How do you opt in beta? Seems it require a beta access code on Steam. Furthermore, what's considered the best weapon types for Sienna?

It's hidden in the patch notes on steam:

4GBBetaOct23rd2018

No clue about Sienna.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

Iceclaw posted:

The code is 4GBBetaOct23rd2018

People like conflag/mace on BW and its not bad if you have no other CC on the team but it offloads a lot of anti-armor and anti-special work onto the rest of the team that's really Sienna's forte. It's a lotta bops with the mace to kill even a stormvermin as BW. Bolt staff charged attacks are surprisingly good on BW. An Unchained with fireball to stagger armor and break up hyperdensity and any non-fire sword weapon is the burliest brawler in the game short of an Ironbreaker with a shield.

Basically: don't use flamestorm staff, don't use the flame sword, don't play Pyro in the new patch for any reason, and you're good to go.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
Thank you!

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Holy poo poo ranger bardin rocking heal dupe + share is so amazing especially if everyone else is rocking NB. We ran 3 games in a row and almost no one needed healing because i'd chug every heal given to me sharing it and duping it. Tried the heal others + heal yourself + heal share and because you have to rely on medkits its not as viable.

The heal bitch build seems to be the best for groups.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Did 6 legend runs today as ranger bardin with heal bitch build, surprised that the warpick is seemingly the most viable with charged attacks 1 shotting SV and the tremendous stagger light attacks do. I was also surprised that most of the players seemed worse than champion haha like loving pyros grabbing the grims instead of letting the zealot get it and a loving swiftbow waystalker that somehow made the swiftbow work on legend.

I loved how everyone quickly realized i was a duping machine and would constantly throw healing at me to healshare around. Going to miss ranger bardin when i get all his legend levels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

New DLC coming December, 3 VT1 maps are coming back. I might actually buy this one, it'll be nice to farm horn of magnus again.

http://www.vermintide.com/news/heroes-return-ubersreik/