Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Grondoth posted:

IMPORTANT NOTE: Sienna actually got kicked out of wizard school. She's a middle aged wizard dropout and she's the best.

and an addict, a near product of the school to prison pipeline were it not for the end times allowing her to overcome grievous systemic discrimination and

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

juggalo baby coffin posted:

extremely good to have to redownload the whole game imo. love to have bad internet.

I hope it redownloads itself for me while I'm at work. Kind of excited to see how close I get to my 500gb monthly limit with this game, FF VX, and normal Netflix and poo poo.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
lol I get to do the little tutorial again, I almost forgot how much I liked this

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
I am endlessly frustrated by the number of pubs who are playing this game with none of the game audio. It tells you when a horde is coming! It tells you when there is a special, and which one! I promise you'll have a better time playing this game with the audio on than listening to whatever anime soundtrack you're obsessed with!

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Wirth1000 posted:

Really tempted to buy this after watching some reviews for it except the Steam reviews and this thread are making me doubt that I'd like it.... sounds like an extremely toxic player base and not at all just a have a good time and chill sort of environment. Is that a fair assessment?

Nah. I've had plenty of loving stupid pubs, but no toxic ones. There's some really god drat spergy goons in this thread, but they really are the minority and most are chill and fun and good at Playing Smart.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Gamerofthegame posted:

it's real easy to get to 300 with level up boxes alone yea

assuming you play more then one mug

For what it's worth, I just opened all of my boxes as I got them. By the time I had everyone to 12, I was in the high 200's on everyone. By the time I leveled one person to 20 they were at 340ish and I had more than enough materials to craft everyone else new weapons to match that.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Drythe posted:

Sometimes you just gotta help pickup after the manlings

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cM6Hjd742U

what is the blue blob moving around your screen

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Coolguye posted:

nope, not that i've seen!

Fatshark did allude to it in one of the early patchnotes about the hero power caps for difficulties. They outlined that hero power impacts damage, penetration, etc., and that it would be capped at certain values for certain difficulties. I inferred that meant that those caps were themselves representative of a significant value of some kind (like a break point where 3 targets increases to 4).

I'm not saying that's a good way to communicate information. But it meant that I didn't jump up a difficulty until I was at or near the cap, so I never felt bothered by wanting a more consistent experience with how my weapons handled. They just handled how they were "supposed" to for the HP I was capped to.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
I feel like the new elf is pyromancer. 6 pub champ games tonight, every single one was torpedo'ed by a 30 pyromancer who never let go of W or would go out of their way to attack every chaos and stormvermin patrol. Also got kicked from two different groups for having the temerity to suggest "we might not need the 2nd grim, we've been having a pretty rough time" before the pyromancer could completely sabotage things.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
Landing in a pub into the nest game and seeing that everyone has equipped weapons with no AP because they're chasing green circles is the worst feeling.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

really digging this two hander illusion for Saltzpyre. Too bad his greatsword isn't versatile enough to use all of the time. :(

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

I got Karl Franz's monogrammed falchion!

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Mendrian posted:

I've had plenty of games ruined by people going too fast but I've literally never had a run where people went too slow.

It only happens when people can't land jumping puzzles for grimoires, in my experience. The first one on War Camp seems to be the worst for this, and the second one on Empire in Flames.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
Can you re-roll the attributes on a red item? I haven't gotten one yet.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

I wish every chest was this generous. Too bad about the staff, but I got Hand of Shallya and Decanter from the other two.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

wow they really nerfed the poo poo out of beam staff. bolt is way better now.

Fireball is still my favorite though. Quickly charging up a small fireball and lobbing it into a pile of charging rats and killing them all is the best.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Fuuka Ayase posted:

I don't think you understand the complaint. They've increased the rate of the easiest, and most boring, part of the game. Fantastic. It's not challenging. It just takes longer to reach the enemies that matter than before.

Challenges are fun and all I guess, but I much prefer to see a cloud of rat parts flying across my screen to trying to find a sense of accomplishment in my video game prowess

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
I decided to start playing this again after a million years, and I've gone 1/15 playing champion quickplay with pubs, and 5/5 on champion with bots. When did everyone get so bad?

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Coolguye posted:

that task is exactly the one everyone from ultranerds with degrees in queuing theory and life coaches that talk about breaking through to your practical genius cite as unproductive shlock that prevents you from getting anything of importance done

prooooooobably could do without it in a game

toasterwarrior posted:

i mean sure, a mass salvage button would be nice, particularly because the favorites system is now working fine

Microsoft has a "sweep" function in the Outlook web interface that lets you sweep everything from a specific sender to delete it at once, with the some other options. So like all of your starbucks or dominoes advert emails or whatever. Even Microsoft knows you shouldn't have to sort your trash 9 pieces at a time.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
Is all of the good stuff still in a beta branch or can I start playing this game again

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
I've opened like a million emperor's chest from champion and never seen a veteran item drop. Do they only come from legend?

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
I pre-ordered this and played a ton at launch but sort of fell off and just starting getting back into it the last couple of weeks. I never leveled up Kruber, Kerillian, or Bardin since I enjoyed unchained and zealot so much. I've been leveling those three up in vet games until they have the temp health talents, which has been pretty easy since I can throw all HP 300 gear on them once I figure out how I enjoy playing them. I've got a few questions for once I get them up to the temp health talents and start doing champion (legend?):

Can I still do flame cannon Ironbreaker and kill all of the hordes, forever?

If I can't do that, can I still be a shotgunning DOOMDWARF all day? Is it better to do that as IB, or RV?

What's the thing that kills legend runs the most, and how can I help insulate my team against it? I was thinking about a sort of "support" character, like waystalker with amaranthe heals team, hand of shallya/heal self-heal team talent if it would help. If it's just a question of sometimes losing a roll of the chaos patrol dice there's not much to do there beyond natural bond and situational awareness to avoid chip damage for a better shot at the unlucky fights.

Will I ever see an elf player as anything other than a green silhouette being hauled away by a packmaster, or mauled by a gutter runner over the next hill?

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
Man I loving hate Twitch mode

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Yardbomb posted:

It's great, like you should know exactly what you're asking for when you use it.

I've never used it before myself, but I joined a legend game where it was enabled and oh my loving god. Twenty mini boss monsters down and we finally get killed by 2 chaos spawn, a group of gunners, a horde, and a chaos patrol all on the walkway part of Blightreaper. Like, what the gently caress.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
Having just started getting into legend I'd have to agree that the top of the mountain isn't worth the climb. That being said, if you enjoy the climb (and I did!) it's plenty of fun to climb in place on the champion escalator. Smashing rats is, at its core, plenty of fun. You just can't let yourself take it too seriously. On legend though, you kind of have to take it too seriously if you want to succeed.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Uhm...

What?
This was on quickplay.

I was more than a little terrified when I saw the gutter runner's stash event with no warning for the first time.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

ChairmanMauzer posted:

Hmm, is the halberd not the default overpowered Merc Kruber wep anymore?

I unlocked the DLC sword + mace for him, but I haven't tried it yet. Any good? Or is it more meant for the other Krub sub-classes?

It attacks really fast, which is great with resourceful combatant and high crit for being able to shout all of the time. It lets me play him on legend with heal share stuff going and still stay topped up on temp health.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

toasterwarrior posted:

i think he meant the sword & mace

I did, yeah

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Fishstick posted:

IT's mostly the annoyance factor with fire and hagbane FF because it severely messes up your aim and or vision.

I had a game where our zealot refused to be healed because low health zealot yadda yadda. The elf kept dropping him with hagbane shots into the hordes he charged into and it was wonderful.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Deptfordx posted:

Bolt staff is good.

Just can't get the Fireball staff to work for me. The light attack is fine but the Big Fireball takes to long to cast for too small an area, and the rapid fire ones just don't have enough punch.

The trick to the fireball staff is to not charge it at all, just rclick lclick release real fast to huck 1% charge fireballs through hordes, since they penetrate for a while before exploding. They used to penetrated indefinitely, so a good angle through a choke point would let you immolate 50 skaven slaves with each fireball. I think they changed that at some point, but the basic theory still works well. Works well with unchained since you can burn away most of the horde and build up a good overcharge for bonus power to clear out the big boys that are left standing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
Warrior priest is cool but it's quickly become the new elf. If I have one that isn't me they're going to have their W key glued down and they're going to die alone half way across the map, every time.