Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
Started playing not too long ago and this is definitly an improvement in most aspects from the first game. I have developed an odd love of Handmaiden Kerillian with a giant axe. That thing just feels stright up busted. Also Knight Kruber with a huge mallet.

I was looking forward to Unchained Sienna, but mechanically she's very simplistic and flat to play, plus her melee selection is pretty anemic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I absolutely love fighting the Stormfiends. They're great addition to the boss roster for sure. I know I'm in for a good time when that music kicks in.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.

Lunethex posted:

Are we sure that's legit?

There's a typo in it....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQMOgWbMLzM&t=169s

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
Is it really that hard (or necessary) to get reds? I've mostly been rerolling items and upgrading them with all the scrap I've gotten from other items, but I only play casually until friends buy this game on sale. I live in a region that sells it dirt cheap, atm.

Kokoro Wish fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Aug 28, 2018

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
Loot is nice, but only in that it allows me to fight harder rats. I really enjoy the gameplay. Also the banter, and I'm glad it looks like they're patching it to make that play more evenly.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
Didn't Vermintide 1 have a gap period of almost a year with no work on it before DLCs and the like started being released?

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
Just give Sienna a big, two-handed Thurible flail, god dammit.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
A flat organisational structure is fine as long as people communicate.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.

Jesus Christ how do people play with that FOV. that made me nauseous in seconds.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
One mutator I wish we could have is to select a single faction to play against (except for faction specific maps/areas). Beastmen would have problems though, given they seem to lack alot of specials and an additional boss.

Still, having that oldschool us vs Skaven feeling would be nice. The Stormfiend is probably my favourite boss, too.

Haven't played in a while, but I like what they did with Kerillian's Greatsword. Feels good to use.

Kokoro Wish fucked around with this message at 11:33 on Aug 18, 2019

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I jusmped into the Rune Box to give the mission a go after getting all the Runes and hoooo boy.

Five Ratling gunners and a squad of Chaos warriors...

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
KATRIN!?

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
Rat Ogres are just big, misunderstood boys that want you to ease their pain.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
Basically it sounds like they're replacing paid DLC map packs with a cosmetic store that Lohner will run, in-game. From that point forward, they'll be releasing alot of maps for free, with the Drachenfels maps being the first of those. I kind of expect to see alot of older maps coming back, ala Drachenfels.

Kokoro Wish fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Sep 25, 2019

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
The last few patches sorted out a bunch of Beastman related issues, rebalanced them and changed up some of their tactics. Try it and see.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
New mode is good enough that it lessened the disappointment of not fighting any chaos daemons as an expedition capper,

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I will forever love Grail Knight Kruber calling Saltzpyre "Peasant" at every opportunity.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had one baller Waywatcher Kerillian game where my Swift Bow spat multiple penetrating, ricocheting arrows. She was a gattling gun and the only reason we failed was because a Minotaur blindsided us and knocked three of us into lava.

Kokoro Wish fucked around with this message at 09:26 on Apr 30, 2021

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
Personal favorite melee in the game is Kerillian's two-handed sword. Easy sweep and clear, plus accurate piercing heavy. Especially on Handmaiden. I am kind of a huge Elf-stan, it would seem. Shameful.

Kokoro Wish fucked around with this message at 00:43 on May 1, 2021

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
If they gave Kerillian a melee only class like a Wardancer, it would be the fastest I have ever spent money on this game.

Second only to if they made a Skink a new playable character.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
Sister of the Thorn Kerillian would be kind of cool. If I remember rightly they're all about the poisons, and I do like my DoTs.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
Once Saltzpyre completes his work, none will survive his great becoming as he slips on the head of his Skaven fursuit.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.

Captain Oblivious posted:

Idk Skaven are still fairly silly in Vermintide. There is not a person in my playgroup who does not take delight in "catch-catch!" or "always sneaking stabbing". Skaven are loving weirdos.

Occasionally, you'll see a lone surviving rat pressing his back to a wall, trying to get away from you, whimpering "No... noooooooo..."

Kokoro Wish fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Jun 9, 2021

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
A Genestealer cult would be pretty rad though. Chaos never gets enough flavor to be a genuinely repped threat, and no one is brave enough to do a Slaaneshii incursion.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.

Fuzz posted:

This doesn't excuse lack of Orks.

Seriously, I wanna hear a WAAAAAAAAGH thundering down a hallway as hordes of greenskins charge me with choppas and dakka, all while a Weirdboy special makes my teammate start shooting at us and a Nob jumps over a barrier and bumrushes someone to suplex them, all before we get to the boss, a Warboss who hallway through the fight summons a Truk that smashes through a wall with a bunch of grots manning big dakka while Stormboyz jump out of the top and try to kamikaze us and explode on death.

Is that too much to ask?

Points over at Space Marine.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Saltzpyre voice lines when you are alone in the new hub area.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rhuwhQZOPo

Saltz has always been on the road to being some kind of fallen doubter, if not an outright heretic. I get the feeling that he's listening to one of the voices we all hear down there.

Or he becomes a Stromcast Eternal.

Kokoro Wish fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Jun 27, 2021

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.

Diephoon posted:

What's up with the voices in your head down in the chaos wastes lobby anyway?

It's more than likely that we're hearing the temptations and doubts of a Greater Deamon of chaos, if not the Gods themselves, given what the party is up to now.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.

Grondoth posted:

I keep desperately hoping for more Vermintide peoples, but I just don't think it's in the cards at this point. I really wanted a Light or Celestial wizard, but... well, I doubt that'll happen.

Personally, I would have loved a Skink, because a). Cute wee beastie that's smart and interesting. b). Lizardmen are one of the great Order races. c). I mean, c'mon look at this little fucker:

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
Conversely, I'd also like gear choice to be slightly more of a factor than they are in current Wastes runs. Something along the lines of Hades, with giving a currency from runs that I can use to add abilities or stats when using certain gear, would be nice.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I wish I could install a "Light" version of the game that strips out most of the other modes, aside from the Chaos Wastes. I like the rest of the game myself, but I find I never play anything outside of the Wastes anymore, and I'd like the space back.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I just want to play as a Kroot. They'd be a goddamn mensch.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
Noise Marines suck compared to all the other wild, weird, kinky poo poo Slaanesh has. I'd have preferred Tzeentch for the game myself. They have some units that just embody chaos with the aesthetics and outrageous mutations. Unfortunately, zombies have once more plagued humanity.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
Warframe does it just fine, for the most part. If it's close to that, it'll be grand.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.

Chakan posted:

https://twitter.com/darktide40k/status/1552685635219210240

Is there a darktide thread yet? may be time to make one.

I was actually looking for one recently myself. Game's pretty close to release, and I was surprised there wasn't one already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I wish they'd put out a cut down install of the game that only plays the Chaos Wastes, because I cannot justify the size of the base game's install when that's all I want to play, dammit.