Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Digirat posted:

everyone in vermintide is an ugly old person and that owns

Except new kruber who apparently de-aged his beard straight from grey to brown in between games

so how’d that happen

booze

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

why in the poo poo is there fifteen steam cards

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

im surprised there isn't any grenade launchers

i mean those are actual things kruber people have flamethrowers why are you holding back

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

berserkers got nerfed and/but plague rats spawn more

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Coolguye posted:

homie

could you NOT

don't be weird weirdo

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

career voices are still broken

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

correction; I think at round start one is chosen at random and it goes from there because knightly kruber keeps talking about woodsy stuff

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

"chaos sorcerer is kind of rough" - someone in here

HOLY gently caress HE'S loving GOKU

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Raged posted:

For those of us at work what area the heroic deeds like?

Simple mutators. Stuff like "only these enemies spawn" or one down and out and that sort. Traditional levels otherwise.

edit: boss levels need a hella reward for quick play, screaming bell and chaos sorcerer levels are two veeeeery different things

Gamerofthegame fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Mar 9, 2018

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Broken Cog posted:

Actually had my first stereotypical elf player in a while in my first game tonight. Dude ran ahead alone straight into a patrol, died, and started swearing over voice that it was our fault for letting him fend for himself.

Also, I've had quite a few Handmaiden players do pretty well with her tonight, is it finally viable?

It's viable in that it can function.

It isn't viable because Kruber and Bardin already has actually real good defensive characters.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

fadam posted:

I feel bad for being mopey earlier because after dinking around with higher rank deeds today I think Foot Knight Kruber is a monster. He's very swole, his bash rules, and the charge is amazing for controlling hordes. It's obviously not as fun as obliterating bosses in two seconds, but it does feel really strong and the 25% reduction aura is very noticeable for deeds with the double damage mod.

foot knight does seem best right now. Mercenary just... kind of exists? Of the two merc is aggressive and knight is more defensive, but you get by being survivable so.

And he actually has a bunch of pretty solid weapons to choose from, unlike the dwarf. Bardin can be an unstoppable shield but Kruber can still slice up the place at least.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Gridlocked posted:

I'm working on my Merc play now Hunter is gutted.

I'm still a big fan of Executioner Sword/Halberd and then just taking either shotty or handgun but I feel like everyone else in my group is either hitting bosses harder or is killing poo poo before I get into melee range (thanks to my bud playing Pyromancer)

Is this normal or am I loving something up?

Executioner sword is more of a wide swing horde mincer 9000, so that's probably normal.

And a good Sienna can do that in spades, sure. Just... it's a bit of a crapshoot as you need gear to be a good Sienna unlike everyone else.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Skypie posted:

I've been playing Knight with sword/shield and blunderbuss. I'm not really bowling things over and getting double the damage of anything else, but I have tons of stamina, provide -20% damage taken, and the charge has a really short cooldown. I wish the charge would do damage, but it's really pretty great crowd control. It'll even knock over chaos warriors! It also staggers bosses for a split second, which can be good for loving with puking trolls or a spawn that's about to nab someone.

I've sacrificed some killing power for an absurd amount of staying power. I think since I don't necessarily score kills frequently enough to fill up on temp health, I might be better off with the health on crit or health on boss kills, but I'll have to play with that a bit

I would really recommend the handgun over the blunderbus. It's kinda sketchy to use when you're not a howitzer and the handgun can reliably one hit specials. Matter of taste, obv.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Madcosby posted:

Whats the commonality of getting a heroic deed from a chest and any way to improve the odds?

Seems like it's host only but kinda common for them.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Do the ranged classes really make a good case for themselves? I'm so skeptical about the concept and haven't really enjoyed ranged Bardin or Kruber.

It's a mixed bag. Saltz's is pretty solid, but he is also a man who throws down guns regularly. Bardin is useful in that he constantly gives back ammo to the entire team, but he also could be playing THE WALL instead. Kruber is balanced, if a bit boring across the board, so it's a matter of preference in what you'd like to do. ELF's waywatcher is the best of the three outright unless you go all in on the handmaiden's pseudo-tank gimmick or shade's crit bonzai.

As a matter of preference I dramatically prefer Kruber's charge as a knight over anything else he can do, and Bardin seems a lot more useful as THE WALL then giving team mates 2-3 more shots on the regular.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Yeah knight, Ironclad, and Handmaiden were hands down the classes I was most excited about. I'm sure I'm probably a little overbearing in my prejudice against ranged builds because in V1 I had lots of people who never learned how to block or dodge Dooming their way through and relying on the rest of us to carry their corpse to the wagon. I feel like I need to stage an intervention with my friend and tell him "for christ's sake you need to learn to play someone other than Sienna if just to get good at the poo poo you ignore."

Hand maiden is awful, unfortunately.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

BabelFish posted:

My first real map ever was act 3.

No, there are three storylines, each a different act. You proceed through each act, four maps each.

You can't get to a map using quickplay you haven't unlocked by beating the proceeding one

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

terrorist ambulance posted:

Halberd rules and is fun

halberd owns but it's not as fast as the arming sword

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

The real strat is to wait for a patch because no way is that intentional.

Still, you respawn in the arena so even if you start making GBS threads the bed as long as you can keep upright for a bit longer...

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

I mean, yes. The person in range to get the kills does in fact tend to be the one who gets them.

G E E Z

What exactly does Sienna's two rightclicks on the beamstaff do/work?

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Yeah, it seems to happen on occasion on a body pile.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

huntsman kruber needs a special rework, but bizarrely he might actually be better at archery then the elf

he gets, as far as I can tell, the same weapon as her longbow, so you can headshot specials and also penetrate and kill a few rats in one shot. And his talents give ammo back on headshots, with a weapon trait also doing the same if you need leeway. He won't melt people with a cold stare of his single eye like bounty hunter and isn't aggressively reliable as he is as SIR KRUBER, but he might be that one character who can just keep the ranged weapon equip the whole run.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Coolguye posted:

it does not hit substantially harder for it to be relevant beyond bosses, though. kerillian's longbow can still one shot most elite units on its strong attack (presuming suitably high hero power) and is otherwise better than kruber's longbow in every measurable way.

combine the fact that waystalker's active is orders of magnitude better than the huntsman's and the longbow is simply not a persuasive argument to use the lumberjack.

seems like kruber's also oneshots, albeit I am way overleveled for vet so who knows.

The real trip report from trying it before crashing out to a random driver crash is that getting headshots is bizarrely fiddly. Turns out headshot does, in fact, mean "hit precisely on the head" which is an issue with their tiny noggins and instant turns. You can actually go over your ammo cap tho

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

nah they're still norscans, they're also all about killing you southlanders and taking your stuff cuz vikings

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

the problem with another hero is that they'd have to do a lot more voicelines which i doooubt

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Pistols are good because it's an ammo-less weapon that does decent. It's not amazing, but you can pull them out without to much thought and pew pew whatever before switching away again.

The flamethrower is bad because it's both close range, obstructive and has a long wind up.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Rascyc posted:

Why do I suck with dual daggers on elf? Armored dudes are just much harder with them than glaive and it feels like glaive is better at crowd control anyway so I must be doing something wrong.

Dual daggers are all about removing one rat at a time in extremely rapid succession. A glaive (and spear) are both more ACTUALLY useful, but dual anything gets a +10% any the shade, for instance, wants that attack speed to leverage all those insta-murder crits.

Try the sword and dagger instead, but the glaive and spear are both good!

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Fat Samurai posted:

In non-whining-about elves stuff, what's your melee weapon of choice for Sienna? I'm enjoying the Apprentice Sword's charged strikes for CC and covering my teammate's backs so far. The Flaming Sword seems thematic as gently caress, but I hate the hand grab. Can't seem to hit things with it.

Usually I have to switch off from my LASER STICK when I'm beginning to get surrounded, which is often just some horde chaff, so I roll with the dagger for a faster attack.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Floppychop posted:

Executing a Chaos Warrior with it will never get old.

Sienna can throw a flaming skull at them (that will sometimes go for another but it's a whimsical skull) and then do it again like twenty seconds later.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

if your damage is over 500 and you know it's not temp health abuse maybe ease up a bit otherwise don't worry about it

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Has anyone figured out the method of getting heroic deeds on the regular?

I have gotten one out of a good fifty chests so far.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Sharkopath posted:

Is there anything you'd need to control if they are all dead?..

I don't really understand that concept, like high stamina shield weapons exist but wouldn't you be better spent doing the shield bash to attack trick than just sitting and blocking for your team. I know ironbreaker has that aggro thing but it doesn't seem to work or everything's dying too fast for me to notice

Usually if you go ham on a horde you have to slowly back pedal a bit, which can be a bad time at certain map points. Putting up a shield and just sitting there is practically a guarentee that all the rats in a horde will neither get past you or actually hurt anyone, assuming it's a good area of the map for it. Otherwise, "controller" usually involves being hella-shoving with your like eight stamina to knock down fifty rats at all sides and let your teammates safely blend them.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

chesnok posted:

Game has had two major beta tests and is out for a week. Developers patch irrelevant percentile points in character skills and other minutia instead of addressing the boss encounter that is literally impossible on champ or lord and not fun to play on any difficulty.

one side dev can change the files in notepad or something to fix the talents and etc etc

fixing level geometry takes longer

SuperKlaus posted:

I just unlocked Shade. What's the deal with what's considered a backstab? And how does her talent to improve her backstab angle change that?

Someone posted before that it's basically clicking directly on a rat spine from directly behind. It makes a meaty, squishy sound that's allegedly distinct, though the same as backstabs in the first game if you played it. I've never noticed it, but I have my volume fairly low (and don't go for backstabs besides.)

I recommend ignoring it outside of token efforts on bosses and go ham on insta-death crits.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

it's real easy to get to 300 with level up boxes alone yea

assuming you play more then one mug

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

AggressivelyStupid posted:

Don't make me link you my DasAnfall profile. You should just poke the stormvermin in the head with your spear.

to be fair to my understanding the hitbox for headstabbing with the spear is bizarrely higher then the cursor, so it's a little awkward

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

enraged_camel posted:

quoting myself from the last page

you're playing the game how is this an issue

what weapon are you using do you feel you run out of stamina a lot etc

The shield plus talent has a huge push radius, but with a property it's just shy of 360 pushing, which is silly. Block cost isn't necessary if you're using a shield. Stamina recovery is taken up by a talent already (heavy attacks give it)

Some people spam push a lot, some people just dodge instead. Look at your play style and do whatever???

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

ya'll are the pubbies

:biotruths:

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Digirat posted:

spaghetti-o

don't encourage him

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Phlegmish posted:

I was going to ask if there was some way to view your crit chance, I assume there is but I haven't found it yet

Base is 5%, dual wielding is a silent +10%.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

daily reminder that this is a friendly coop with friends friend game that happens to have a server browser simply to make it more general playable, but it's still to go on a bender with you and three of your mates

no thread nor pubbie nor even discord will sully that design point

also post better ya'll drat