Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Remember: Always fight the rat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

NeurosisHead posted:

and an addict, a near product of the school to prison pipeline were it not for the end times allowing her to overcome grievous systemic discrimination and

Sienna is best described as an addict who has been told she needs to do this entire pile of cocaine to save the world, except the cocaine is fire and she needs to put it on rats.

She's having a very good month.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Also human wizards were specifically taught a style of magic that lets you learn awesome spells in a human's lifespan. Elves don't use this style because it drives the user insane after about a century or two. But with humans? Nobody cares, pass the coke and watch as I start to literally turn into fire because I like fire so loving much.

Warhammer wizards are great.

E: Basically what I'm getting at is that Warhammer is a fantasy setting where every single wizard in it aspires to be airbrushed onto someone's van, doing something metal.

Night10194 fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Mar 8, 2018

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Holy poo poo the axe sends people flying now, and can hit more than one rat! Smite motherfuckers with a hatchet every day.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I feel like I am playing an entirely different, better game than the first technical test.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Ammanas posted:

It's kinda weird how Warhammer is experiencing this sort of ip renaissance years later

Power of nostalgia plus underrated IP??

It turns out trying to keep it out of videogames was a huge loving mistake that got corrected when GW's old CEO got shitcanned.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I love that Saltzpyre will do a little salute with his rapier after finishing a killing spree.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Try Saltzpyre's hatchet again if you didn't like it before. It can hit multiple Slaves now, and it sends the big guys loving flying.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I can't stop using axes and shotguns, send help.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Digirat posted:

only if you play as the elf, will you not have to play with the elf

a cruel equation

But I like playing as the elf, even as I dislike the elf, because her weapons are really fun.

In penance for liking the elf, I play Handmaiden.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

It's like someone turned on the goddamn Stormvermin spigot today.

Ah well, they're fun to kill.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I have no idea if the +15% power for -5% attack speed is worth it but goddamnit I'm gonna make Handmaiden work solely because she has the best costume of the elves.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

The fort level was great.

Nice to actually win a battle for once.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Dr. VooDoo posted:

I’m having trouble fine crit chance on anything that’s not a weapon so maybe I’m dumb but can charms and necklaces and trinkets even have crit chance listed on them?

I definitely had it on a ring.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Willie Tomg posted:

I wanted to be more creative with this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2LgMcJa8bM

but sometimes your first instinct just... clicks.

That is some good goddamn Krubering.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I just side-dodge when I see the troll retching and it clears me every time.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

The hardest boss is one who spawns in a thin corridor.

The place where a boss shows up is overwhelmingly more important to how dangerous it is than which boss, even if the Chaos Spawn is a bundle of Bad Ideas.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Is it just me or is the elf's dual sword option irredeemably bad now? It used to be 'this is weaker than the sword and dagger because every weapon in the entire game is but still useful enough' and now it's not even as fast at killing trash as the dual knives.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Goddamn is the glaive fun.

Is Kruber's arming sword still good?

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I just unlocked Ironbreaker after a lot of playing SIR KRUBER and the elf, and holy loving poo poo. There's nothing quite like screwing up and taking a huge hit from a Chaos Warrior just to have it do 0 damage while Bardin tells them to try harder next time.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

"Okri: Craftsman, a very common personal name."

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Cowcaster posted:

i admit i don't know much about warhammer fantasy but while stretching the rules to have humans working with dwarves and elves seems ok wouldn't the line be drawn way before two flavors of undead and barney the dinosaur

As a big nerd about the setting, it's less weird than you'd think. Everything was kind of set up so that on the edge cases, almost anyone could end up working with (or against) almost anyone.

E: Hell, dwarfs and humans working together is so common that it isn't even weird. The Empire was literally founded on being bros with dwarfs.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Elderbean posted:

Saltzpyre kinda sounds like The Monarch if he was killing heretics and rats.

And now you know one of many reasons Saltzpyre rules.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Coolguye posted:

yeah people seem to hit it up a lot for an easy romp but i'm pretty sure the only real reason why is because it is the easiest of the maps that was deployed in the open beta. both athel yenlui and righteous stand are a lot easier in that they have less guaranteed trouble and less complex finales but you don't see it run nearly as often as against the grain.

Against the Grain's finale is really fun, though. I enjoy pressing through a farm full of murderous assholes.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Coolguye posted:

so did games workshop. norsca tribes on the tabletop frequently were just "warriors of chaos, but no demons and more viking stuff"

What's interesting is the RPG book on Chaos is big on how Norscans view Chaos differently than most of the groups that fight for it, seeing it more as a bunch of rear end in a top hat gods that you propitiate because you have to rather than actually liking it much, with many tribes outright trying to defy it and even seeking peaceful ties with the south against it.

But that's because the RPG recognized players are going to really like the idea of being a bunch of badass vikings who fight for the freedom against the embodiment of power metal covers, which is a wise move in my opinion.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Chaos always seems to have infinite supplies of people despite primarily hailing from sparse wastelands.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

You know, if you want the old CC wide area heavy attack spam, switch to the mace/hammer and shield instead, now. Whatever it doesn't knock off its feet it'll at least stagger and interrupt.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Also, since I'm not sure the game still gives the Khazalid primer on the loading screen, Bardin's nicknames for everyone mean 'Tough Human' for Kruber, 'Grim Human' for Saltzpyre, 'Fire Queen' for Sienna, and 'Dumb Elf' for elf.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

You could also do a Bret where it's the same woman, just depending on if she was found out pretending to be a knight or not. Have Questing Knight be like Slayer Bardin, have a Faceless (Robin Hood guys) class for ranged, or a Grail Pilgrim for crazy person.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Really the real reason I want a Questing Knight some day is just that their tabletop models ruled.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Beast magic as a ton of different claws and crazy bulked out killing stuff you turn your arms into would rule.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Mace and Shield/Hammer and Shield feel an awful lot better than they did in VT1.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

In Rats 1 your shield bash heavy attack was the only heavy attack on shield weapons and could reliably lock down a corridor by spamming it.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Node posted:

I asked this earlier but it is still frustrating me. What methods does Kruber have for killing armored poo poo? I'm using the footman career right now, and since it is specialized in using a sword/mace and shield, I don't seem to have much options for shield breaking stuff. Do I need to just ignore them?

Use the halberd still if you want to kill heavy poo poo. The halberd is amazing at it.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I know as an Ironbreaker I'm supposed to be using a shield but a shield isn't a two handed hammer that I can literally whack rats out of the map with.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Real Cool Catfish posted:

“We have to stop 16 or so peasants from being enslaved!” cries out Kruger, as he cuts down two dozen slaves with a single swing.

They're not people they are rats and/or swedes.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Those guns aren't a hyper shotgun.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

It is telling that one of the best elf weapons is her giant axe.

If they'd just admit the dwarfs are right about axes the world would've been saved ages ago.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I think the twin axes are the entire reason to play Slayer.

Holy god it's like they married the dual daggers to the hatchet and then gave it a heavy attack that is just the hatchet heavy but twice as powerful because there are two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Internet Explorer posted:

My real question is what does Slayer use as an additional weapon? 2h Hammer for CC?

When I switch weapons off the twin axes I'll let you know.

Seriously the whole 'has two melee weapons' thing is less of an advantage than I'd thought because his unique melee weapon is loving bananas.