Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star
No, John. You are the rats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star
They definitely hosed with careers some, because I glanced at the stream at some point and they were idling in the keep as a level 1 slayer bardin.

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star
Oh, I see.

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star

Rayjenkins posted:

Vermintide 2 is the heart warming sequel to the tale of an angsty teen finding her way in the world with the help of her 3 gay uncles and pyromaniac aunt.

Cease your attempts to humanize the elf. This is NOT canon!!

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star

Firstborn posted:

How does Victor's "tagging" work for bonus damage? Does it just mean I have to hit the thing with anything?

Also, what's up with rapier+pistol's alt-fire? It's like a short-ranged pistol shot that doesn't use up any ammo. What's up with that?

The tagging refers to the spot button, which is T by default. You don't have to be the one who tags an enemy to get saltzpyre's bonus damage passive on it, but you should be constantly spamming the key when you pan over an area, or on an incoming pack to check for berserkers and such hiding in its midst.

The pistol is weird, but I like it a lot. It rapidly falls off down to 1/10 damage at maybe 10ft away, and isn't pinpoint accurate, so it's hard to find a good time to use it. You can use it to trigger explosive barrels and to shoot gutter runners off teammates (or shoot one leaping at you), which is probably the most reliable way to get value out of it.

It's also possible that it can trigger the instant kill on crit headshots passive, but I honestly can't quite tell for sure. I swear I've had it kill specials in a single hit from far beyond minimum damage range, but it's possible that I just got some very lucky last hits with the 1.5 damage it does at maximum falloff. Who knows.

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star
Pubbies and barrels are why the rapier pistol is good. All barrels are kill on sight.

Ideally you should set them to blow and toss them out of the way, but even if it will result in lamp oil blocking the way forward, it's better to get it out of the way now than have to deal with it anyway during a horde.

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star
My favorite barrel interactions are people taking the barrel you need for the first grim on Against the Grain to the barn, requiring you to run to the shed for the backup barrel.

One time they took both, and I was unable to negotiate their return. In fairness, that one wasn't looking like a two grim kind of run anyway.

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star

Night10194 posted:

I wish they said somewhere, anywhere, that different classes actually have different base health pools.

They do?

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star
I too have the dark souls 2 graphics temple curse. I swear I was able to see it in normal graphics the first time I played it on release, but it's been in quake 2 mode ever since.

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star
Is it just me, or are Kruber's ranged weapons kind of rear end?

Repeater seems to have zero redeeming qualities besides having a very fast reload.
Blunderbuss is still ok on huntsman, but kind of lacking in special killing power beyond short range otherwise, and kind of slow to reload.
Handgun seems like the best of the bunch, but for some reason they made hipfiring with it very inaccurate, and even aiming down sights it takes a second for the accuracy to settle. Only has 12 bullets total and reloads slow as hell when not on huntsman.
Longbow... I actually haven't tried, because I didn't get any to drop from lootboxes, and for who knows what reason the template unlocked for me at level 12 along with Sir Kruber, instead of 7 with huntsman :psydwarf:

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star

xanif posted:

How are you supposed to play her?

Use the active every time you hear the elf start saying something to interrupt yourself with an echoing "LUMBERFOOTS!"

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star
It's me, I'm the ironbreaker that doesn't use a shield, only uses the active for guaranteed revives and ends the round with more ranged than melee kills.

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star

Yardbomb posted:

I skipped the zoom in hoping to be funny on the troll mountain level and fell off the cliff like an idiot accidentally, people started laughing and helped me up, then I freaked out because I got stuck in 3rd person the entire match as a disembodied pair of arms. That was a fun round.

Same, and I was able to fix that by using the third person view hotkey (default 'x' I think?). It's not a bad keybind to keep in mind even outside of this very specific use case.

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star
All of my characters are at least level 12, but I'm stuck in recruit, because more of my friends keep getting this game and I want to play with them.

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star

Too Shy Guy posted:

Come to think of it, I'm surprised they didn't cap Hero Power on the lower difficulties.

They did! I think it's 200/400 for recruit/veteran and no cap beyond that.

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star
I'm still convinced that stormfiends are easier than vanilla ogres and it's still weird to me.

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star
I was under the impression that the only way to aid someone is to non-lethally(!) interrupt a gutter runner in the process stabbing someone. That's about the only time I notice the shield icon appearing in the top right.

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star

AggressivelyStupid posted:

protip: mousedrag to potentially hit more targets

Does that actually work? I do it out of old Chivalry habits and I can't help myself, but I could never tell whether it helps.

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star

Firstborn posted:

Just so we're clear, Saltz is the worst character by a pretty fair margin, right? Zealot is objectively worse than other melee focused careers, and with even less cleave your flail and greatsword get stopped very quickly. WHC is my favorite skin but clearly the worst poo poo ever, maybe only next to Battle Wizard as the worst support role, and Bounty Hunter is fun but objectively worse than other ranged careers. That about it?

It would've been interesting to have more unique weapons to different sub-classes.

This isn't to say that it's impossible to win with Victor or anything, just saying... he is the worst.

While I don't like the zealot, it's very unfair to compare it or whc and especially bh to battle wizard. Battle wizard, the entirety of which combined is inferior to a single Pyromancer talent, is in a class of its own when it comes to power levels.

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star

Cowcaster posted:

i have absolutely no problem getting to the second grim on righteous stand but i'll be goddamned if climbing back down the ladder to drop safely hasn't caused me and several people i've played with to go splat

The pro move is to jump back into the window you came out of

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star
I have a love-hate relationship with hammers/maces. I love seeing rats flop around, but I also hate not knowing at a glance which ones are going to get back up.

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star
The only ranged kruber weapon I don't hate is the longbow, and it's tied to the spec I like playing the least.

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star
Why does the fireball staff still blind you while charging the alt fire? Pretty sure the bolt used to as well in the first game, but doesn't anymore.

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star
I happen to be the precisely tuned amount of good enough where I get hit too much to not need any healing ever, but with temp hp Natural Bond will keep me above 70% the entire run.

In the past two weeks of playing I've only had to have a friend patch me up once. It's my favorite thing and I use it on every single character. Haters vacate.

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star

Backhand posted:

I'm also a bit tempted to try out Natural Bond. Between Blade Barrier and Desperate Defiance, mercenary is far tankier than it has any right to be - and Desperate Defiance would synergize nicely with a heal that only brings you up to 50% anyway.

Natural bond healing goes all the way to 100% and it's good.

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star
Some of y'all take this game way too goddamn seriously.

I got a red charm the other day, got 5% attack speed on it, and between that and the ranger 5% attack speed talent the pick actually feels pretty good on bardin. Kinda wish he had other high mobility melee options besides 1h hammer and axe, but I don't even know what that would be. A one-handed pick?

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star
I use rapier and brace because they're the Canon saltzpyre weapons and I think they look the coolest

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star
I stopped playing a couple months ago and I see the game's been having a real regular one in the meantime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star
all the elves and drakefire pistols in the world combined cannot stand up to a single slayer with throwing axes.

what's worse is that those fuckers ff for like 1/10 of your health