Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rabelais D
Dec 11, 2012

ts'u nnu k'u k'o t'khye:
A demon doth defecate at thy door
The double overhead bash on the light attack combo for the flail is really good fun, they come out super fast and heads just explode like watermelons. The downside is the long wind up to the heavy attack and how exposed the single target overhead bashes make you in a horde situation. I agree it's the most fun weapon for Salty.

I love Bardin's war pick but drat it feels like the slowest weapon on any character, and doesn't even do good damage on normal swings. The charged war pick attack is one of the most satisfying attacks in the game, so it's a shame the weapon sucks. I still use it so I can role play Bardin as a miner though.

The conflag staff is another really fun weapon to use, but the AOE does about as much damage as a toaster on medium heat, so it's a shame. Still viable however as the knockback is really good, you can spam it to stunlock hordes, and the left click attack actually does decent damage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rabelais D
Dec 11, 2012

ts'u nnu k'u k'o t'khye:
Just one more post to say that playing with try hard waywatchers and pyromancers really sucks; it's not fun to walk around trying to get a kill in and invariably getting burned/shot in the back for my trouble. This is on champion btw. Sure i get to pick off some stragglers in a horde, cool.

Ranged is always the preferred option because there is no risk involved, this is balanced by your limited ammo/heat mechanic meaning you often have to save ranged for specials, and i cannot believe that they decided to make ranged-focused classes in a game that has melee combat balanced around a really satisfying risk/reward equation.

Also, temp health shouldn't be in the game, it's just broken and shouldn't be necessary. In VT1 bloodlust/regrowth was a must, and some permutations (hagbane for elf, regrowth conflag +bloodlust sword for sienna, regrowth 1h hammer for dwarf) were almost broken, it made weapon traits boring and many red weapons poo poo as you had to have bloodlust as one of your three. This game would be better without any temp health. It also makes level 20 skills pointless as they're all the same for everyone and only one is clearly worth choosing, even if health on crit worked properly it couldn't match temp health on kill, especially when there are over a thousand enemies per level.

Rabelais D
Dec 11, 2012

ts'u nnu k'u k'o t'khye:
As they are, the talents are boring. The last two are basically all the same, and the first couple are mediocre and dull for everyone (+5% attack speed! +5% movement speed!).

I think Payday 2 is a worse game than this but their talent trees are a lot more interesting.

Rabelais D
Dec 11, 2012

ts'u nnu k'u k'o t'khye:
Am I the only one who thinks that the bridge of shadows is lame, and that the coach from VT 1 was much more cool and good? I miss running into the coach and closing the door, it offered some really suspenseful moments. The bridge just seems boring in comparison with its dumb blue circle.

Also the guy who moaned about skavenslave hordes wasn't wrong; they go on too long and are a bit boring. Green man hordes are better because they end sooner and don't seem to actively waste your time while still being challenging; the skavenslave ones always have that line of stragglers like a weak trickle of piss after a full flow which seems to exist purely for time-wasting purposes. If you have an elf and a sienna at a choke point the hordes become completely trivial and the two other characters often end up standing around with their thumbs up their asses.

Rabelais D
Dec 11, 2012

ts'u nnu k'u k'o t'khye:
I got an executioner's sword called 'The Unstoppable' and with the extra cleave on merc Kruber it just murders pretty much everyone...unstoppably, plus the guillotine noise on a headshot is pretty satisfying! It's a shame his ranged options are so poo poo compared to everyone else's, although I do enjoy the repeater.

Seriously, the blunderbuss is like the grudgeraker, but much worse; the repeater is OK if ammo limited, the handgun is only good at one very niche thing; while Bardin gets the drakefire pistols which can do everything with unlimited ammo, Saltz gets the volley crossbow, the elf gets...all the bows...and sienna I don't need to mention.

Rabelais D fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Apr 23, 2018

Rabelais D
Dec 11, 2012

ts'u nnu k'u k'o t'khye:
Fort Battenburg is the worst for this, some poor bastard has to really slowly turn a cannon while everyone else gets to kill rats.

Rabelais D
Dec 11, 2012

ts'u nnu k'u k'o t'khye:
I'd love this to include engines of war and wizard's tower, but it'll probably be black powder and well watch

Rabelais D
Dec 11, 2012

ts'u nnu k'u k'o t'khye:
If I'm reading that right, there won't be any new maps?

Rabelais D
Dec 11, 2012

ts'u nnu k'u k'o t'khye:
it's far quicker to re-roll max stats on an orange than it is to luck into reds, especially from chests and not legend vaults. I also think many of the unique orange skins are far superior to the reds, which are often the boringest skin with some lame glowing bits.

Rabelais D
Dec 11, 2012

ts'u nnu k'u k'o t'khye:
I think throwing axes on ranger Bardin are great, you get 5 of them, with the boost to ranged damage on ult he can get some beefy damage in, and you don't need ammo so you can take the skill that has a chance for bombs/potion to drop from specials. You end up running around the map throwing axes, chucking bombs and necking potions like there's no tomorrow.

Rabelais D
Dec 11, 2012

ts'u nnu k'u k'o t'khye:
For a free update I think this is pretty great.

The new map mechanic where you choose which route to take and the slightly random elements give it the feeling of actually going on an adventure. The buff progression is satisying and I love how atmospheric the maps are. I would say it's slightly long to complete a run, but the fact that you get reward chests even if you die is good.

Rabelais D
Dec 11, 2012

ts'u nnu k'u k'o t'khye:
What even is the point of the weapon exchange altar? Why would anyone want a completely random weapon that you aren't necessarily specced for

Rabelais D
Dec 11, 2012

ts'u nnu k'u k'o t'khye:
Ok so there's some benefit to it, nice. I like that the devs have started having fun with the game, adding things like slaanesh's exploding balls

Rabelais D
Dec 11, 2012

ts'u nnu k'u k'o t'khye:
One of the dwarf fortress DLC maps from VT 1 was so good I'm surprised it hasn't been featured in 2. I forget what it was called though. Plus I will also say Wizards Tower was amazing. What a map.

Related to chaos wastes, Nurgle has to be the worst. I hate spamming T to try to spot a cursed enemy who will explode and hurt you, and they're impossible to avoid in hordes. Then the "stay together or nurgle will make the game unplayable" map effect really sucks because someone has to carry the magic torch and people can be dicks with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rabelais D
Dec 11, 2012

ts'u nnu k'u k'o t'khye:

Yolomon Wayne posted:

There were 3 map, one of which was a short outdoor and then 1 large indoor and outdoor - Khazid Kro (indoor), Ciursed Rune (long outdoor) and Chain of Fire (short outdoor) all of which were super good.

Ah thanks, I was talking about Cursed Rune then, but you're right, all three were really good.