Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

steam group: Goonintide

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

DreamShipWrecked posted:

More that Games Workshop doesn't defend the IP in the bizarre way that they do 40k, so things like VT got the opportunity to show that there is a market for it.

Yep, given that Fatshark is OK at making games, unlike say, Mythic who managed to gently caress up both the MMO and the pvp-based Warhammer: wrath of heroes, which was an awesome game with great potential

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

it's out, you need to download 20gigs gogogoooo

Yardbomb posted:

Game was a lot of fun but it was brutal watching EA grind them down.

yeah, it was kinda awesome. We'd still be playing it :(

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

Captain Oblivious posted:

Warhammer elves use axes fairly extensively actually. High Elves in particular have an entire subculture of dudes who hunt/tame white lions, wear their pelts, and swing around two handed axes all day every day.

i could be mistaken but that should be a reference to the "white lion" career for high elves in the old world

Real Cool Catfish posted:

Playing Sienna has become “tap m1 until it starts critting and nearly instantly refills the pyro ability” and “spam the pyro ability”. I will be sad when the cooldown crit reduction get nerfed.

which staff are you referring to?

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

dscruffy1 posted:

Lots of people with wrong opinions about Slayer here man. Slayer might not be the pro-est pick for Champion difficulty

Well, its only the fact that ironbreaker dwarf is pretty much OP when it comes to tanking and CC'ing. Slayer could do just as good with a 2h hammer cc-wise, but it always helps to be able to snipe a special with the handgun, and the ironbreaker ability can turn a lost map around

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

SuperKlaus posted:

What does 10 HP mean to a bar? Yes I know we've posted for a few pages now about classes having different health pools and also not knowing what those pools are so I guess I'll just ask as I approach lvl 15 Bardin does Ironbreaker want faster Gromrils or 10 HP with Gromril?

It's a large chunk of HP for ironbreaker, very useful. I largely prefer the 10hp on free hit talent over the 13 cd reduction talent. That's because you can go 20 sec intervals without taking a hit fairly easy, and when you do get hit the EHP boost is insane. This shines as you progress to higher difficulties, becaue you get less and less kills so stacking up kill temp HP becomes harder.

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

Sharkopath posted:

I don't really understand that concept, like high stamina shield weapons exist but wouldn't you be better spent doing the shield bash to attack trick than just sitting and blocking for your team. I know ironbreaker has that aggro thing but it doesn't seem to work or everything's dying too fast for me to notice

I don't get shield weapons for dorf in V2 either, because the 2h hammer is just better than both shields in every way (especially if you take the block angle talent on the 1st tier). The tank ability is really awesome when the group gets cornered by stormvermin packs/chaos/boss in a tight place - it buys time and absorbs insane amounts of damage, plus you can keep shoving while it's active

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

DeathSandwich posted:

I would say don't use shields before champion. Things die pretty quick and you can laugh of single hits pretty well.

I've only just started queueing for champ but I feel I might be undergeared for it at around 300 power. It feels as if hammer/shield would deal next to no damage in champ whereas I can bash things pretty well with the 2h hammer

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

Nehru the Damaja posted:

It's boring as gently caress to be on a team where your Ironbreaker never uses anything but Drakefires and accordingly, is way less useful but racks up lots of green circles.

Just like V1, you have to beat these people into submission until they learn to block.

I was under the impression that drakefires sucked except at point blank range. There most useful ranged for ironbreaker would be handgun/crossbow, imo

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

Internet Explorer posted:

Once you get used to the drop and spread they are good at mid range, too. It's not like you're harshly penalized if you miss. Just keep firing.

as dorf support you have to be able to snipe specials with your ranged

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

Ravenfood posted:

I know its back on easy, but watching people play Ironbreaker so they can pistol-snipe all game just really irks me.

I only play it so I can dominate the damage taken stat like a pro and still be functional. I'm sold on the guns though, I'll try em out once I get the powerlevels up, close too 400 now and I still feel they suck compared to a handgun

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

Firstborn posted:

You guys are really hating on your bros out there who try to actually help poo poo pugs by bringing a shield and interrupting threats for you? C'mon man, don't be dicks.

Also the game hasn't been out long enough to have a "heh, good luck ever getting out of vet, scrub :smug:" opinion.
2h Hammer is pretty bad. The moveset is made for 1v1 problem enemies with easy headshot arcs, and the non-armor piercing charged attacks will stop when you hit something tougher than a meatrat and bounce off armor. I can't imagine playing the 2h Hammer and thinking "this is a cc weapon".

"just kill rats" also has a bit of "there's some dangerous enemies i can't just treat like chaff". You can either say champ and above is hard or not, but pick a dumb thing to say.

I had the same impression, but if you play abit more u'll find 2h hammer is kinda loving awesome (at least for dorf). It kills armored if you aim for the chin, and its cc potential is unreal, it'll throw around anything that isn't a boss

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

axe&shield will knock over an entire horde 2/3 swings, but it'll do an overhead lovely swing too, which I find really inconvenient

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

ZearothK posted:

When did pubs change to pugs? I've been seeing it a lot recently, but it's supposed to be the same thing, right? Has it happened, am I an old, alienated from his younger peers through an insurmountable linguistic barrier?

pugs are more of a new age wow thing. when you join raid groups with random people through the group finder, and not with your guild, these are called pug groups/raids

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

Blinks77 posted:

I'm honestly not doing that many light attacks in a row. It's mostly Block push + sweep, a couple of light attacks, or i'm spamming firedrake pistol shots.

I was talking about chained charged attacks, sorry should've mentioned that. When you chain charged attacks with axe+shield, 1/3 will be an overhead swing with the axe, which fucks up my horde-bashing rythm. Hammer/shield does pretty well when I spam sweeps, but it lacks damage all around. The 2h hammer on the other hand lets you spam sweep attacks merrily with no setbacks, and its dmg is decent too

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

FunkMonkey posted:

Help how do I dwurf

get to lvl 7->ironbreaker->win

the only downside is that dorf ironbreaker spoils you by being so durable and then you suck at everything else.

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

does any1 know if beam staff is affected by attackspeed?

e: nevermind, just tested, it affects the LMB ticks

Mr. Pickles fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Mar 19, 2018

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

lazorexplosion posted:

Join a pub game, five minutes in see a huge chaos patrol, everyone pulls back except Sienna who runs right up and shoots them and wipes us. Next game, different Sienna, exact same thing. loving Siennas man, every time.

I did that with sienna 2 days ago and wiped us lmao. The pubs went mad but in retrospect it was funny, cos the pat was skippable and we were nearing the end of the mission.

I also learned something from that run: Sienna's mace is p.cool to use once you reach champion, it will beat down chaos warriors with ease

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

Im still using repeater pistol but I'll be switching to volley crossbow soon. Idk how to deal with hordes as BH

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

It's good because it's the only way to kill chaos warriors with ease as beam sienna. Dagger charged attack can also cut it but it's much easier with mace

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

Minorkos posted:

to me Slayer seems kind of fundamentally bad because you kinda need to have a ranged weapon to snipe various specials with.

I think they made most 3rd career choices more niche and hard to play than the rest (except maybe kruber), in order to add a level of challenge and badassery to the game. Say, if you wanna slayer on deeds/legend you kinda need to be able to dodge assassins and pack rats consistently, otherwise you're hosed. You kinda need to get better at the game to play slayer, but once you get the hang of it you'll be wrecking poo poo up like there's no tomorrow

Plus when you get to power 600 and craft all the orange poo poo you need, the game becomes more about having fun and less about grinding/carrying groups as IB.

E: Ok, carrying groups is also a lot of fun, but so is burying twin axes in chaos warrior heads, while leaping through the air. Slayer is badass

Mr. Pickles fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Apr 2, 2018

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

nope, it's been like this today, idk why.

also when I'm in someone else's lobby and they queue for a run, I get stuck for around 20-30 seconds after hitting accept

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

mace is also awesome if you wanna kill chaos warriors fast

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

well, the longsword is my weapon of choice too, but I had to switch in order to kill those tall fuckers :P

btw, things I don't like about legend:
-people in the beta don't play it
-slayer is not viable on it

edit: yes he is

Mr. Pickles fucked around with this message at 10:55 on Dec 24, 2018

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Slayer is always viable you’re not screaming and swing axes hard enough

I do play him cause I think he's too fun but I'm dying like a little bitch on legend :P

edit: no I'm not

Mr. Pickles fucked around with this message at 10:55 on Dec 24, 2018

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

Skypie posted:

Is the balance build just accessed by installing the beta client again or what? I'm probably gonna give it a go when I get back from a trip tomorrow

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

Mahasamatman posted:

Legend is when I started playing slayer almost exclusively. He rips the poo poo out of the spammed stormvermin and chaos warriors. Focus on getting some stamina on his dual axes and maybe even stam regen on his last trinket slot (charm?) and then do the dual axe push attack a lot. It has a little dash forward. You can hit shield SV 3 times then push attack them to pop them very easily.

I have 2 extra stamina from necklace so 3 full shields and trying to get a +crit chance +2stam on axes, though haven't rolled that yet. Thanks for the info though, I should get that 4th shield

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

if you gather enough dust and only put the sword in the thing, the thing will make an orange sword for you. If you wanna spend less/no dust tho, you'll need to get more blue 2h swords yeah

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

Arghy posted:

The slayer needs way more damage out put if he wants to be competitive with melee DPS.

This is not a competitive game tho.

What bums me with the slayer is that I spent all the green dust crafting what I believed to be BIS gear, only to find out that slayer needs +chaos dmg for legend, and I don't have it. With just crit/ias gear it may take you 4 charged attacks to down a single chaos warrior on legend

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

Yardbomb posted:

If you're a waifish, elven pansy maybe. Slayer owns. :colbert:

slayer is loving awesome

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

Arghy posted:

Falling in love with the slayer, the secret is always power attack and push attack. On champion there's very few things that will be alive after these and you just delete rothelms so fast. The 2h hammer isn't that much better than the 1h hammer but it does grant more control with its wider sweep. The 1h hammer has the benefit of more stam shields and because of its faster speed you'll have a higher chance of staggering armored foes because your multiple swings will have beaten away the chaff around them.

Chaos trolls are my favorite target they're super easy to predict to the point that i almost never get hit and when they do their sweep i just block it. We had 3 tonight and i was just loving chunking the poo poo outta his HP's.

if you ever wish to play slayer on legend you gotta keep these things in mind before poofing away all your green dust like I did:
-You need as much +armored and +chaos dmg as you can get on your charm and axes for chaos warriors (they stack).
- 1h hammer has decent base dodge range and thus makes great use of the +20% dodge range talent, which is OP. 2h hammer is fun to use but you can't dodge for poo poo (even with the talent), and you can't rez allies either. Also, its speed and shields allow for better horde management

Mr. Pickles fucked around with this message at 08:44 on Apr 8, 2018

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

dawri, 20% chaos dmg bonus from gear allows staggering of marauders on legend, poo poo just got real af

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

okay seriously what the gently caress do you even do against stormvermin shields? on champion and up i literally have no idea what the gently caress to even do, i just hope someone else deals with it.

if you are in melee and using an armor piercing weapon, you can do a few light attacks to deplete their stamina and then do a shove+attack (hold left mouse when you shove instead of just click) and it'll die. Its a lot harder when there's two or more though, because it's harder to focus on one of them

also there's the flail which ignores shields

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

Cowcaster posted:

are people going nuts over this revelation because i don't get the terminology of warhammer or what? i thought marauders were the wheat and chaff chaos

hrrm... I thought the unarmored big dudes with axes were the marauders in V2... I was talking about them

They're called Maulers... my bad lol

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

enraged_camel posted:

ftfy

seriously there is no reason to use 2h sword when the glaive is better in basically every way

I dont play elf but 2h sword elfs I've seen p. much wreck the place

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

Inzombiac posted:

So are beam staves just the best in class? I picked one up and it seems to just slaughter. Sweeping headshots are easy and it's easier to take down the big bads than the charge sniper one. PLus it seems to generate heat pretty slowly.

Also, what do items with illusion mean?

Illusions are item appearances, you can extract it and apply it on another weapon of the same type for fashiontide. You don't lose the item if you extract illusion btw. Also, if you ever salvage an item which has an illusion on it, it will yeild bonus green dust

e: yeah beam staves are #1 in line for nerfhammer atm. Bolt staff is also awesome, but beam is gamebreaking, as shown in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqQjw5x0Caw

Mr. Pickles fucked around with this message at 08:13 on Apr 12, 2018

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

yea green dust is a big problem for me, because I spent it all trying to get decent gear on all characters, and perfect gear for bardin, and now I'm doing vet runs and opening chests on a lvl 6 elf to get green poo poo

I'd say don't obsess over perfect rolls on items too much, they'll eat up all your dust. Perfect rolls are what reds are for

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

as a sidenote: idk what I would do if I had done the *unthinkable* and leveled all characters to 30, for the achievement and whatnot

I'd have no way to get green dust and probly kill myself

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

speedruns are best to get dust, no doubt... I just hate the brutal mouse spam

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

Tom Gorman posted:

this patch fuckin owns and fatshark is killing it

yea, they should release it on live already! I'm tired of having no players around

e: they did i just didnt get the memo lol

Mr. Pickles fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Apr 13, 2018