Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy
only played a half dozen or so runs, failed all of them with a group on comms

this is Significantly Harder than the first game (but definitely in a good way)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Coolguye posted:

it's an important note to point out that dawri is an extremely respectful form of address which is hard to earn from dwarves, so bardin is being a bro, basically.

There's so much character development from Vermintide 1 to 2. Even the damned elf has a much stronger tone of endearment with her mayfly insults.

Saltzpyre picking up Sienna and going "If you die now you''ll prove I was right about you" is fantastic, too

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
Against the Grain seems to be the go-to 'easy mission' but i'm very new and the current two missions i haven't beaten on recruit are the skaven warlord, and then against the grain because of the double boss in close succession

it is cursed

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
it is vermintide: blood dragon

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

AndyElusive posted:

Like a Grail Damsel? That would be cool. The three sub classes could be Prophetess, Priestess and Enchantress.

could have that too but plenty of bretonnian women pretend to be male so they can get in on the Knightly Quest Action

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Night10194 posted:

Use the halberd still if you want to kill heavy poo poo. The halberd is amazing at it.

Executioner's Sword does a fine job too. Sweeps on light, straight vertical chop on heavy

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

tehllama posted:

Forgive my warhammer lore ignorance (I've only played the 40k games and Total War) but how non canonical would it be to have a lizardman hero?

Lizardmen absolutely hate Skaven and would gladly work alongside humans to kill them, they're just halfway across the world on a completely different continent.

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

pmchem posted:

Circle strafe to avoid being grabbed.

Or back dodge far enough, which one will actually depends on exactly how tight the quarters were when the spawn popped up, like it always seems to

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

fadam posted:

Why are you playing with bots?

they're a lot loving smarter than players, for one thing

kinda hilarious how whenever i get a host dc and then go 'eh gently caress it i'll just do the mission anyway' it is goddamn effortless (albeit on vet, because i haven't played much and am not near 200 item level) by comparison

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Night10194 posted:

Slayer's axes go through Chaos Warriors like they were made of paper.

Sir Kruber's halberd too

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Zephro posted:

If I end up playing with friends who are late to the rat fighting party, is there any way for me to lower my hero power so that we can do recruit/vet together without my characters being overpowered for the difficulty? I'm guessing no, at least for the portion of HP that comes from levels, right? And presumably there's no way to deliberately craft low-level weapons?

My solution to this has been playing a bad class with weird weapons and focus on support/keeping everyone alive

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
one of my only champion rounds so far i was SIR KRUBER and also the only one with a basic understanding of blocking and pushing and positioning, so the slayer, elf and pyro all died during the finale on righteous stand while i survived the last quarter of it solo until i could pick them up to go pick up the dropped tomes :v:

definitely nowhere near 600 power level

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Kanos posted:

You absolutely do not need the level 20 temp health or even the level 15 talents to do all book runs on Champion. I've leveled all of my characters after Kruber(my first and "main") from like level 8 on in Champion exclusively doing almost entirely pugs.

The temp health is a huge leg up if you're doing pugs though because they're not gonna stop you from getting stabbed in the rear end by rats at all

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

lol valve doesn't make video games, friend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

AndyElusive posted:

I can't wait for the mod that will turn Markus Kruber into a Stormcast Eternal.

:wow: