Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
GAME LIVE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
GET IN

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

warrior priest?

is that you?

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

comatose posted:

I thought I was the only one who had the temple of Sigmar part turn into Quake 3 graphics mode. I finally took screenshots last night to explain to my friends and they all laughed at me cos it looks normal to them. :(

holy poo poo wth did you do?

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Tom Gorman posted:

So here's something real dumb.

For the fastest exp in the game by far, just die as quickly as possible on recruit.

1) Pick a class with a dash (Slayer, Foot Knight, Handmaiden, Zealot, Battle Wizard)
2) Choose Hunger in the Dark on Recruit
3) Wait for your ult to charge
4) Dash off the cliff right at the start
5) Collect 100xp

It takes me 1:20 to do this from keep to keep, factoring in the loading screens.

A full tome + grim completion on recruit is 660 exp, and takes on average 20 minutes. Just jumping off the cliff for 20 minutes will net you about 1500 exp. Even though Champ has a 150% exp modifier, you get less for dying.

PRO E-SPORTS STRATS

i'm... i'm totally going to do this just to get the bright wizard to 10.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Meridian posted:

As others say, the most important stat at the end of the match is finishing it. Even if you're not taking chunks out of the boss, keeping the hordes busy so your damage dealer team mates can is contributing for sure!

Also I'm constantly using my temp hp to soak up venting damage when i play as Ironbreaker

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

TheLastRoboKy posted:

Okay I think I got the hang of this game where do I go to get fancy fire-hats for Sienna

i-i dont think hats are in the game yet or if they are they are likely red rarity or something

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

DeathSandwich posted:

You're not going to be killing poo poo dead near as readily in champion and being able to control swarms becomes much more valuable. The Warhammer can do some work and it's by no means a bad choice, but utilizing the shield blocks and shoves to control a hallway while the elf of bounty hunter cleans up is a perfectly viable option too.

If you're going at it looking for the most green circles at the end of the map, you're doing it wrong. It's entirely possible to be the MVP of a match without being Slaughterlord McKillsalot by virtue of being able to keep the situation under control, which doesn't necessarily mean killing all the mans.

Usually there is a direct correlation between the person who got the most kills/did the most damage and also who took the most damage because they put themselves out of position to get kills and get punished for it.

i prefer to be a bonershitlord

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Mechafunkzilla posted:

Seriously. If I asked my groups "so who's playing the dedicated controller" before starting a champ run I'd be laughed at and rightfully told to just go kill the loving rats

Pigeonholing people into roles seems boring as heck.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Internet Explorer posted:

All the arguing back and forth about needing a dude with a shield, shield being useless compared to 2h, etc., tells me is that the melee weapons for Bardin are balanced.

except the warpick, that weapon is steaming hot poop. it may be able to killshot stormvermin but other weapons can do it without the glaring downsides.

i will never stop saying this because i want to use the warpick and it really stands out as being a piss poor weapon.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Lunethex posted:

At this point I'm just going to recommend people not open their valuable boxes (general-emperor champion chests, anything legend) until later in the future. I'm pretty sure Fatshark has the drop rates of anything unique (reds and headgear) rigged to non-existence to tire out anyone trying to cheat and gain stuff faster because I've opened 50 Legend Boxes now (12 emperor's, most generals) and got no reds and in 100s of boxes from champion and commendation no headgear even. I've only gotten 3 reds, charm, necklace, and longbow. You can get your oranges through anything else, even crafting.

Also don't trust that Reddit link about the drop rates of reds. It's totally wrong, and the file used as a source is just a messy thing left after they server sided the loot stuff.

In that case I'll probably wait till they make cosmetics realistically obtainable before I burn out from grinding champion screaming bell/fort whatever for chests

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

MonsterEnvy posted:

Some good news for Fatshark. They got their targeted lifetime sales for Vermintide 2 on the first week.

and if they were smart theyd do like the warframe guys and sell skins and new classes galore

like i cant imagine games workshop being to rigid/tight assed on their warhammer fantasy ip now that theyre banking on aos

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Mystic Mongol posted:

Games Workshop may be a poo poo miniatures company, but they aggressively license out their IP to all kinds of interesting ventures, big and small, and tend to reward successful video games by giving the company broader access to their catalog. At this point, Fatshark can basically add anything they want to Vermintide.

cool

HEY FATSHARK I WANT WARRIOR PRIEST

WARRIOR

PRIEST

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Yardbomb posted:

Zealot is pretty close, they're just lacking some hammers.

aint wearin' plate and aint wielding hammers

DONT EVEN!

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Ravenfood posted:

Its got too much of the crazed flagellant look to really be the Warrior Priest. One thing they could do that I don't think anyone's really talked about is more careers, though. New characters would take a ton of voice-work and poo poo, but adding a new career wouldn't. A tank/support cross would be fun.

yeah and make his ult a shout that gives some group oriented buff

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

truther posted:

I was dumb and stopped equipping upgrades once I had all orange items.

Salvaged everything else.

Now I'm level 28 wearing Level 110 stuff and statistically not really contributing much.

I'm so dumb.

craft some poo poo up

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Baiard posted:

Got a cosmetic helmet for Sienna. First I've seen of any cosmetic, really.

grrrrats

i still dont get why they make the hats class specific. its not lie this is some uber competitive battle arena game where you need to identify what class your opponents are based on the way they look or something.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Node posted:

Has anybody done the maths on the chance of getting cosmetics? Or do we just not know at all

there are speculations that the drop chances of cosmetics is like in the .0% ranges

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Lunethex posted:

Somebody who I know for a fact was cheating (because I played with him) says he opened 600 Emperor's Vaults and got 19 reds. Which puts it at 3% or less chance to get one from the highest quality loot box. No headgears either.

The chances are absolutely abysmal.

holy poo poo thats bad

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Ravenfood posted:

Also, because from what I remember, the Empire is fundamentally winning against external Chaos sources. They progress technologically. They started fighting back against these hellvikings as essentially tribals with spears, and now they've got handguns, cannon, and halberdiers. They've got steam-powered tanks. They've got magitech sniper emplacements and mages that punch far above their weight. They may be on the verge of an industrial revolution. Its refreshing to see a setting that actually references technological progress instead of settling into a Tolkien-esque stagnation, even if it doesn't show it within the frame of the setting itself.

end times and age of sigmar would like to have a word with you

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
i really think fatshark is missing out on the opportunity of having some great cosmetics and it makes me sad cause i want to play dress up. also there are zero reasons why the hats should be career restricted either yet they are

Agrajag fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Mar 24, 2018

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Phlegmish posted:

I just found a mask for the Shade, which unfortunately I never play

funny thing is i bet there is a very similar mask in vermintide 1 that original kerillian was able to use.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

toasterwarrior posted:

drat shame how both Kruber and Saltz's 2H swords and Bardin's 2H axe are underpowered at the moment. Wonder if they'll get buffed through range or more cleaving.

dwarf 2h weapons could stand to have a bit more range imo

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

fadam posted:

Can I get that on each non-weapon piece?

just trinket

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Lunethex posted:

It's time dependent. I don't know where you're located but the prime time gaming hour is about 4-5 hours from now and you'd maybe be able to find some others depending on your location. Most people playing Legend are doing so in their personal groups and crews, which I can't blame considering the aptitude of the general player and how the runs have to be totally perfect to pull through and most people can't maintain that level of focus.

word, i cant play more than 2 games without being exhausted no matter how fun it is

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Bussamove posted:

Goddamn, got some baller illusions for Executioner's Sword tonight, but can I give up that hammer and halberd life to use them? Game refuses to give me any cool pokepole or ratbooper skins.

Finally got Doom on a Stick tonight!

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Digirat posted:

i'm in the "fix the loving director" camp because probably two thirds of the difficulty of any given mission currently just comes down to RNG and it's loving stupid that you can add +/- 2 to whatever difficulty you're playing on based on that

like in spite of half of this game currently being broken I still manage to really enjoy it most of the time, but it is only going to take a streak of games with garbage spawns to make me put it on hold because they ruin my enjoyment of it faster than anything when they happen

yeah had several matches where parts of a horde ended up spawning beneath my feet and im like wth

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Lunethex posted:

Slaanesh is the fault of Elves. Like a lot of other really bad things.

yeah like the eye of terror

the fact that chaos is even able to materialize on the mortal plane is because of the eldar (in wh40k)

theyre assholes just like their whf counterparts

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Ammanas posted:

Champ is for playing the class you want, how you want
Legend is for choosing the best class at a role and doing your job

sounds not fun at all

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
Playe a game of champ and the changes in this patch dont feel too different from what it felt like pre-patch. I did notice I wasn't doing nearly as many critical hits (range + melee) which makes me think the * on crits stat/trait is probably not all that great anymore

Like I barely even proc'ed the attack speed buff on crits in the entire game.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

OOOOOOOH now i get why people call grudgeraker bardins Doomdwarf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
have they said when dedicated servers are coming?