Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hate Fibration
Apr 8, 2013

FLÄSHYN!
I recently finished Fight Your Own War and it was really neat and got me listening to PE and Noise again. I've mostly just been listening to old Macronympha tracks, lots of Government Alpha, and IRM.

I basically took a break from really following new releases in 2012, when Aaron Dilloway, Wolf Eyes, etc were making a huge mess. Has there been anything really interesting lately? Burning Star Core was always a favorite of mine, but it seems like most of the groups I really liked aren't super active anymore.

Hate Fibration fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Aug 7, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hate Fibration
Apr 8, 2013

FLÄSHYN!

A human heart posted:

imo there's basically always interesting stuff coming out but its hard to keep track of all of it because of how diffuse the scene is, so you kinda just have to follow people you already know and hope you hear about other stuff somewhere. Just in terms of newish acts I like, Linekraft, Military Position, Worth, Jaako Vanhala, Am Not and Antichildleague are all worth checking out. lots of long running projects are still doing good stuff too, like for example most of the finnish big names, Bizarre Uproar, Grunt, etc.

Oh cool. So it seems like not much has changed. Looks like Kevin Drumm is still putting out work too! It's heartening that most of my old favorites are still active. I'm especially glad Balistreri/Slogun is still active, they've always been one of my favorite acts in PE by a really really wide margin.

I'm pretty sure Jaako Vanhala will be producing tracks when we are all dead. That dude is crazy prolific. I actually know him more for his Dark Ambient work though, surprisingly.

Hate Fibration
Apr 8, 2013

FLÄSHYN!

Radio Spiricom posted:

Kevin Drumm puts new stuff on his bandcamp practically monthly

Yaaaay!

A human heart posted:

He needs to get off his butt and put out more really good harsh noise!!

I swear to god, that man is a wizard when it comes to texture.