Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
I think this may be the craziest resisting arrest video I've ever seen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5-7b2sIv54

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

chitoryu12 posted:

Cops are supposed to be trained carefully in force escalation, but this usually gets countered by a message that cops are also in extreme danger at any given time. They really like to show stuff like the Officer Dinkheller shooting as an example of how quickly an encounter can suddenly turn into someone drawing a gun and unloading on you. Never mind that these instances are extraordinarily rare, it instills a fear in officers that any random person (no matter how kind) could secretly be a crazy person planning on murdering you as soon as your back is turned. Combine this with training that they should always be the force of authority and most powerful person in the room and that the only methods for ensuring compliance are screaming and violence, and you get this guy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhEitaO4xR0

Not to mention that for liability reasons, cops are basically trained that rather than firing a warning shot and trying to get people to drop their guns, if they feel threatened enough to fire one shot, they should just unload the weapon and shoot to kill. Because its easier to argue against a corpse in court than it is to argue against someone bleeding on the stand. Sad but true. Also you've got a "better us than them" mentality.

On the other hand, how can you live in the US in post-9/11 era and not know that if the cops start yelling poo poo at you, resisting is only going to make your life a billion times worse. Just do what they say holy gently caress.

A lot of people seem completely bewildered that cops would force-ably arrest them. Like because of the constitution cops have to ask you to kindly arrest yourself and follow them to the station or something. How ignorant can you be? Watch an episode of law and order or cops sometime at the very least.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

PhazonLink posted:

There's like a dozen trillion examples of blacks doing that that they still get killed. The one that sticks in my mind was the one where a boyfriend got killed in the driver seat, the girlfriend is sobbing and the cop is just itching to get a 3 combo(the woman's child is there) and the child is calm and trying to console her mother.

Nobody is saying otherwise dude

I know this is really hard but... some cops are dumb... and some people are dumb. Neither group is 100% perfect. Pretty basic concept.

Nowhere did I loving say "do what cops say and nothing bad will happen to you" Lots of innocent people get hosed. But fighting with cops isn't going to improve the situation and when the cops aren't actually dicks then it just creates a problem where there wasn't one.

Zaphod42 has a new favorite as of 08:32 on Jun 26, 2018

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Slime posted:

Cops should be held to a higher standard than a civilian. If you have a position of authority, there is also responsibility. Even if someone is angry, if they get shot just for being angry (and brown) then the one at fault is still the drat cop.

You have to draw the line somewhere. Am I allowed to punch cops in the face with impunity? I'm just being angry, the cop is the one who should be held to the standard, not me!

You shouldn't be shot, but you should absolutely get knocked to the ground and arrested or maced or tased if you start to beat up on a cop.

And its not about standards. The point is if cops are already dangerous to be around, loving with them only increases the danger. Its all the more reason NOT to gently caress with cops. There is no scenario where loving with the cops makes you safer. Do you think you're gonna knock the cops unconscious and then get away with it or something? Punch him enough times and he changes his mind and decides not to shoot you after all? it just doesn't make any sense.

This is a dumb derail anyways back to schadenfeude.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

KoRMaK posted:

surely those people died :stare:

I was thinking that was gonna happen but if you watch it through it looks like they got ultra lucky and it managed to keep enough lift to set them down gently.

There's a chance the power lines fried them, but its also pretty possible that they were okay, just scared as gently caress. The materials the basket and chute are made from won't conduct electricity after all.

I didn't see anybody drop from the basket, at least.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Data Graham posted:

I, Challenger, do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

CPColin posted:

I think this fits the definition of this thread:

(Germany just choked their way out of the World Cup.)

The tears cutting through the german flag makeup really sells this

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Phanatic posted:

Gorsuch replaced *Scalia*. Even if every one of Gorsuch's votes on the court is in line with Scalia's (which is doubtful), that changes nothing.

The current situation is (a) much closer to the midterms (b) with a narrower Republican majority and (c) a replacement for Kennedy. Replacing Scalia with another Scalia doesn't change the way the court votes, replacing Kennedy with a Scalia does.

Even if the one arrow they had in their quiver wouldn't work this time, they'd have been better firing it now then wasting it then. At the least the mere existence of that arrow could have dissuaded Trump from nominating someone truly odious, because such a nomination could have led to even a couple of Republicans willing to cross the aisle and allow a filibuster to continue. But now it can't, because they spent it because they were all butthurt about Garland and they had to fire it off counterproductively. Trump could nominate another Bork now and it'd be a fait accompli. That would not be the case were the filibuster still allowed.

Trump is too dumb to know what arrows other people even have or could use. That level of strategy doesn't even apply. Even if his aides tried to tell him he'd ignore them.

Trump is someone playing poker who didn't even look at his cards. Facts and rules just don't even enter his brain as things that matter. He thinks everything will go his way and when it doesn't he justifies it as somehow something he couldn't have possibly done anything about and totally not his fault.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Schubalts posted:

The pleasure of seeing an accused rapist's crime brought to light? It's not that hard a concept.

Hold for him actually being convicted or kicked out of the band or something. If he gets away with it, its just double awful.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Besesoth posted:

Let's see if I can get the whole derail in a single post:

"It's not schadenfreude if there's no comeuppance."
"Schadenfreude just means 'pleasure from someone else's misfortune', they didn't have to earn it."
"But it's not funny if they didn't earn it."
"Everybody shut up and post images."
"This thread is supposed to be fun, not depressing."
"Just because you don't have a sense of humor doesn't mean we can't enjoy this."
MOD: "Everybody shut up and post more schadenfreude."
"But-" *gets probated*

:golfclap:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

AzureSkys posted:

CCTV of an arrest gone wild. The girlfriend stole the show.
https://edmonton.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=1427650

This is gold. I wish there was audio so bad.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Who the gently caress layers shorts?

Also there appears to be a whole pile of clothes there. I feel like we're only seeing the end of this kid stripping down to his power shorts before he whoops some rear end.

You haven't even seen my final form shorts

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

SiKboy posted:

Maybe you are supposed to wear two. Thats why we say "A pair of shorts".

:stare:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

thoughts of such staggering magnitude that they each deserved their own post

Phone posting. Fuckin deal dude.

Lol some goons get upset about editing posts to consolidate, others get upset about multiple posts in a row. Can't we all just get along?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGrAnBM30-U

Billy Mitchell, who was a previous donkey kong arcade record holder and has been proven to be a fraud, attempting spin

maximum cringe

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

I posted several about Billy Mitchell and Todd Rogers a few months ago, when Apollo Legend was systematically tearing down Todd's records. I love this type of schadenfreude.

Its been a slow burn but he's been completely definitively outed as a fraud and watching him try to defend himself and hold onto his delusional celebrity is pretty wild.

"I'm like an F1 driver, I just drive the thing. Somebody else works on the car." (talking about how he knows nothing of how arcade machines work)

Yeah, you're definitely just like an F1 driver buddy. Yep.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

iospace posted:

Who wants some good schad?

https://twitter.com/fairlyaIright/status/1014603417946345473

You can see the moment where their soul gets ripped out

I'm getting real sick of people referencing Nina all the goddamn time, it just exists as this shortcut to make people go "omg the feels"

dog nougat posted:

Idgi. Some internet nerdlinger falling in love with a cartoon dog?

Its a really emotional moment from anime so people love to bring it up ALL OVER THE PLACE out of context as this weird form of like non-joke

value-brand cereal posted:

The girl's father uses magic to transform her and the dog into some grotesque chimera creature in an attempt to prove a point. I think. I've only heard it explained to me. The girl-dog hybrid is later euthanized because every second living is torturous agony.

Its one tiny detail in an extremely long anime show with hundreds of hours of episodes and lots of other emotional moments and yet its the one thing people bring up non loving stop. It really doesn't matter at all to the plot of FMA but people obsess about that poo poo.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Hahahahaha that's amazing

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

BrianBoitano posted:

A bit late but this is my favorite one

https://i.imgur.com/3C5EWBh.mp4

Not sure if lightning or practicing dives :cheeky:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

omg the feels

:cheeky: / :argh:

the schadenfreude is on me for having friends who reference anime too much

canyoneer posted:

It is what happens when people have never been exposed to stories outside of cartoons and video games.

Good point lol

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

The donkey :48 seconds in is magical

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

chitoryu12 posted:

How did flopping become such a thing in soccer?

Same with fighting in hockey. They're things that exist in other sports but are unusually prevalent in one despite no apparent reason for it.

Historical / cultural. Somebody did it, got away with it or got an advantage from the ref somehow, and other people started copying them, and it just set a precedent.

Where do the game's rules come from, and how do they change? Same kinda deal basically, although in that case more formal since you have a ruling body that discusses rules. But its just kinda de facto stuff based on how games go.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Inspector Gesicht posted:

https://youtu.be/eKF6xnvaCsE

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2018/08/06/dead-cells-review-removed

IGN retracts review as it plagiarises another video. There's only so many ways you can talk about a rogue-metroidvania but even this is lazy.

And now we have the sweet, sweet payoff

:allears: That's the good stuff

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Here's the thing about cases like that though

quote:

Welch and Fusari have two older children together, ages 2 and 4. Child Protective Services filed on Monday a neglect case against the parents involving their two eldest children.

There's no joy in that pain. Just tragedy.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

This is a huge dick move though??

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Lazlo Nibble posted:

It took couple of views before I noticed him kicking the kid’s board.

Board nothing i'm pretty sure he kicks the kid.

Maybe its his dad and maybe the kid was sitting at the top of the half-pipe scared to actually go down for a long time before this, and finally the dad wanted to show the kid he'd be okay since he was wearing the pads.

But IDK man still seems like a dick move to me. That kid is like what, 8 at the most?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Fallom posted:

I'm impressed he had enough air time to prep for the landing after flailing around a little

It was a special "big air" event with a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge single ramp that took up an entire stadium just to fling you into the air as high as possible.

As seen, it was kinda irresponsible to even run that event, and I'm pretty sure X-Games shut that poo poo down right afterwards and hasn't done it since.

Malachite_Dragon posted:

That was the kids dad? That's almost worse.

Called it. And yeah, that's almost worse. Huge dick move.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

I knew snow did it, but drat, I thought i heard it was cancelled. wrong.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

iospace posted:

Tangential, Jon Bois is an amazing storyteller. Chart Party and Pretty Good are choice watches. The whole thing.

If you haven't read 17776 strap yourself in and read it

Its the best art I've seen in the last 10 years.

It will change how you view the world.

Dunno how a sports writer got so drat smart.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

orange sky posted:

I don't know poo poo about football and I'm going to read it, hope I get anything about it

Yeah should be fine. Its not really recognizable as football anymore anyways. Its like this intentionally absurdist take on sports that starts to dig into what it means to be human.

Just read it, its so loving insanely good. Everybody read this poo poo right now https://www.sbnation.com/a/17776-football

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Between "I can tell you I've never heard it" and her saying "look, he's done so many great things for Black and Hispanic people" is there any doubt that he's said it many times and on video?

What a complete loving joke. Schadenfreude on us :911:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

God drat that's some blatant racism.

"Is that a jew in your house?"
"Nah, its my dad"

loving :lol:

"my family is cucked"

what a poo poo-head.

"I trust Shlomo to find a way to get me evicted"

Fuuuuuuuck someone needs to punch these guys.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

StrangersInTheNight posted:

The cake thing is difficult because I think you should be able to reject customers or clients you don't work well with, but I also am not into homophobes and am happy to watch that guy's life spiral down for as long as he's going to stubbornly fight about making cakes.

Also why the hell doesn't he just lie and say he's too busy for it after all, like any other sane person deferring a client?? Who TELLS the client it's because God said not to? It's like he's going out of his way to stoke flames. If I was rich and bored and he said no to serving me with a diatribe about religion as the reason, I might have sued him too. Not because I think I'd win, but just to gently caress with him for being so sanctimonious.

You can reject customers you don't want to work with.

You can't ONLY if the reason you don't want to work with them is their age, gender, sexual orientation, race or religion.

Its been that way for a long time.

Hth.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Phanatic posted:

Not only has it not been that way for a long time, it's not even that way now.

Age discrimination is frequently entirely legal. This ranges from not being able to rent a car until you're 25, to communities which don't let you live there if you're below 65. There is no Federal statute saying it's illegal to discriminate based on age (and it would be weird if there were, given the huge number of Federal laws which explicitly discriminate based on age). Remember how Dick's Sporting Goods decided recently it wouldn't sell guns to adults who can legally buy guns, if they're under the age of 21? That's age discrimination. And it's totally legal (in most states). It is also entirely legal in most states to discriminate based on sexual orientation, and there is no Federal law prohibiting it.

Hth.

To be specific then, people over 40. Pretty sure there is a federal statue saying you can't discriminate against the elderly. Handicapped are also protected federally, forgot that one.

And the protection over 'sex' has been interpreted to be both gender identity and sexual orientation.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilWQ6syB5pE

(Warning loud noise at the end of that video)

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Sir Tonk posted:

lol what did they think was going to happen

lots of people are dumb and don't remotely understand copyright

funniest part is they totally could have snuck under the radar by calling it like "latest fandom-themed pop-up bar homage to a certain *wink* Adult Swim scientist"

and then have like "pickle scientist shots" and things like that. Just avoid actual R&M art in your ads and stuff.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

luxury handset posted:

wowie zowie paul manafort found guilty on 8/18 charges (he will die in prison) and michael cohen completely handing over everything to the feds in the last hour, including that he broke the law at trump's request to influence the election

and trump is going to be live on stage in west virgina in two hours

I've been high on schadenfreude all day because of this stuff. Read it at work and actually said "YES!" out loud.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

This is so drat good.

News story says that Cohen actually flipped because of Helsinki, he was disgusted by Trump kissing Putin's butt. If true that's amazing.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

chitoryu12 posted:

Yeah, Trump did what he usually does and quickly started divesting himself of Cohen and dismissing him when word got out that he was being investigated. I think Cohen was a sycophant (and possible sociopath, since there's stories of him making unhinged, threatening phone calls to people) who was loyal to Trump as long as Trump was loyal to him. As soon as he realized Trump wasn't coming to his rescue and would gladly throw him under the bus, he spilled everything he could in retaliation.

Not just stories, there was an article the other day with direct recordings of him making threats, lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

:gizz:

gently caress this is my favorite tweet in the history of twitter. Check this poo poo out.

https://twitter.com/TuckerCarlson/status/1098374271628390400

He is getting non-stop loving ROASTED over here in the comments.

gently caress Tucker Carlson.

Randaconda posted:

Who was he saying that to?

He got called out on being a "millionaire paid by billionaires" and since he's constantly trying to portray himself as a common working man, he couldn't handle it