Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

Give FoxIt a spin, I was pleased with its performance and pricing. They should have a trial so you can benchmark it for your needs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

What's happening on the individual cores when you do the OCR pass in the software? Are you seeing just two cores loaded while the others are idle? Considering it should be trivial to batch pages to ensure there there is always something being processed the CPU should be at 100% the whole time for any of those products.

e: Can you OCR two doc's side-by-side and max it out? Boom, I've doubled your productivity.

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

The Foxit dev teams were surprisingly receptive when I had occasion to give them a feature request. Shoot them an email, maybe its something they can slap together for you.

• Locked thread