Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Nobody was really sure when or how the Dungeon was made - they just knew that it hosted the Orb of Zot.

The Orb was said to be the most powerful arcane object in existence, capable of warping time and space itself. Legends said that whomever possessed it would be capable of unimaginable feats. Adventurers have been lining up since time immemorial to go after the thing.

Naturally, that doesn't sit too well with the people who live in the Dungeon. Without the orb, the forces holding the dungeon together - in all it's precarious, improbable, space-warping glory - would collapse, leaving the residents homeless and, not to mention, dead.

The most memorable line of defense against the intrusion of adventurers is a group known as Uniques - prominent individuals of uncommon martial and magical ability, they patrol their respective sections of the Dungeon with keen eyes, dispatching the unwary and unprepared alike.

But now, adventurers have begun to band together - a group of them have infiltrated a meeting of Uniques, poised to take them out and open the way to the Realm of Zot. Stop them, at all costs!

Welcome to Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup Mafia - a nonstandard game for 22 players!

All normal mafia rules apply (i.e. don’t post your role pms, don’t toxx role-related information, don’t talk out of thread unless specified that you can in your role, etc), and players breaking these rules will be subject to a modkill. If you’re a new player and unfamiliar with these rules, there’s a handy dandy list on the SA Mafia wiki right over here.

This game is fairly nonstandard, and has some special mechanics, as outlined below:

Character Sheets

Each player will be provided with a Character Sheet, detailing their beginning abilities and items, as well as containing their health bar. The sheet comprises 2 pages: the character overview, and the detailed ability explanations. All actions are to be submitted through the provided spaces within the Character Sheet, and this is also where results of the actions will be posted. Each character starts with a basic set of equipment and a full HP bar, at 20 HP per player.

Dayphase & Nightphase

During day phase, items and certain spells, as outlined in a player's character sheet, may be used. As is normal in mafia, the thread will be open for discussion with voting for the in-thread execution. The in-thread execution is a kill irregardless of damage mitigation or HP total.

During night phase, a player may choose to either attack another player, explore to gain items, or use a nightphase action. This is also the phase where the Adventurer kill will occur - the Adventurer kill does 20 HP of damage and respects mitigation & HP total.

Barring status effects, only one action may be taken per phase.

Items & Equipment

Items and equipment are found by exploring. Potions and Scrolls are unidentified until use - some effects are positive, and others are negative. Item effects, as well as possible types of potion and scroll, are detailed below:

Potions:
Potion of Curing - Player regains 8 HP and Poison status is cured.
Potion of Haste - Player gains Haste status (two actions may be taken) for the following phase
Potion of Might - Player gains Might status (attacks deal double damage) for the following phase
Potion of Ambrosia - Inflicts Confusion status (player cannot control the target of their actions for 1 full game day), but regain 6 HP.
Potion of Degeneration - Player's Max HP is decreased by 2
Scrolls:
Scroll of Blinking - The player Blinks, causing the one attack to miss
Scroll of Summoning - The player summons creatures to absorb 4 HP worth of damage.
Scroll of Torment - Halves the using player's HP
Equipment:
Improved Armor - grants +2/+3/+4 to base defence per tier
Improved Weapons - grants +2/+4/+6/+8 to base damage per tier
Weapon of Venom - Inflicts poison status upon successful hit
Weapon of Pain - Inflicts damage * 1.5

Players:
  1. 50 pounds of bread
  2. AnAnonymousIdiot
  3. Anomalous Amalgam
  4. AnonymousNarcotics
  5. b-minus1
  6. bagshotrow
  7. CapitalistPig
  8. chaoslord
  9. Dancer
  10. GeneX
  11. Gridlocked
  12. GulagDolls
  13. Hal Incandenza
  14. IcePhoenix
  15. LupusAter
  16. merk
  17. Monathin
  18. Nep-Nep
  19. Quidthulhu
  20. SalTheBard
  21. Tired Moritz
  22. Tolly Totes

[/list]

Chic Trombone fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Jun 27, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Yep

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
Confirming presign.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I helped design this, so consider this maximum :munch:

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
yeah okay

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Chic stopping running games that I played in before!

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Hal Incandenza posted:

Chic stopping running games that I played in before!

This game has similar flavor but a completely different setup so!!!

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Ok

Tolly Totes
Oct 12, 2016

If we're free, tell me why
I can't look in my brother's eye
I'll play!

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Is this game going to be like Dokapon Kingdom? Or perhaps Mario Party?

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Mafia isore of a friend enhancing game, I've gotten mad over it before but literally never as mad as I have over Dokapon Kingdom

That game is fun but seriously bullshit sometimes

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

I am Mad About Mafia right now so put me in

Dancer
May 23, 2011
At the current rate, this won't actually start by the time my other game gets down to like 6 players, so sure, I'm in.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I will join this game but only if I am a jester.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

13 players left to get! Tell your friends

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Chic Trombone posted:

13 players left to get! Tell your friends

merk is my only friend :smith:

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
DiFi of Quez for me please.

(This is a sign up post)

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
ill play if you need more people

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
ill play

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

10 more :toot:

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
This seems like an overly complicated setup for my first game back but gently caress it, I'm in

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

9 more, now. Maybe the game will fill up by May :v:

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
I'm going to have to withdraw because there's no way I'm going to be able to play and also play Riven

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Tbh I don't think this is filling until after Riven anyways, judging by current trends

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

On the one hand I get that, on the other I worked really hard on this game so :smith:

Dancer
May 23, 2011
I'll play two roles if it helps :v: .

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
““And for that reason, I’m out.” -Mark Cuban (Shark Tank)” -merk

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
I would like to sign up! I don't know Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup but all but it sounds fun.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Chic Trombone posted:

On the one hand I get that, on the other I worked really hard on this game so :smith:
A late game is eventually good! A rushed game is bad forever.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
I'll be interested to watch this game when it finally does happen! Not play, but certainly watch!

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

This thread has not actually hit the archives yet so hey may as well use the same thread.

NOW TAKING SIGNUPS AGAIN SINCE RIVEN IS ENDING

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

me

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I said i would and honor demands i do the thing

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Yes, again.

E: Actually, we'll see.

Jen X fucked around with this message at 06:44 on May 28, 2018

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

this seems neat I guess I'll play

Tolly Totes
Oct 12, 2016

I, Tolly Totes, am still going to play.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Sup.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Tolly Totes posted:

I, Tolly Totes, am still going to play.

Hey you said that account was dead!

Tolly Totes
Oct 12, 2016

I did but then everybody said they liked it more and also I’m still logged into it on my phone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Also still up for this!

• Locked thread