Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
yeah that post has me :thunk:in pretty hard right now

LupusAter posted:

Thinking about it, posting once in 4 days kinda implies that he had no scumbuddies to prod him to at least keep up appeareances.
I'm not sure how you came to this conclusion. If quid is scum, then his scumbros are almost certainly prodding him, or at least asking chic to reach out to him/request a replacement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

Nep-Nep posted:

Which do you think the scum team is actually doing?

Staying out of the spotlight without being completely absent from the thread.

b-minus1 posted:

I'm not sure how you came to this conclusion. If quid is scum, then his scumbros are almost certainly prodding him, or at least asking chic to reach out to him/request a replacement.

Yeah, that's why I think he might be disinterested town. I find it hard to believe that a scum player couldn't find the time to drop a couple empty posts, especially if there's a scumchat reminding him.

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Are there npc's we can vote?

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

AnAnonymousIdiot posted:

New question: Do we have NPC's we can lynch or protect?

AnAnonymousIdiot posted:

Why did you ask this twice? If you genuinely wanted an answer wouldn't you have PM'ed the mod?

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

I have PM'ed the mod with questions via discord, and unfortunately the mod has not responded. I figured posting in the thread would be noticed by said mod.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
That's fair, I haven't tried to contact the mod so I was a little confused by that.

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

I do hope Chic is alright :ohdear:

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

AnAnonymousIdiot posted:

non playable character?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

The mod hasn't added the votefinder stuff or links to the player post histories to the OP like every other game I've been in so maybe we have a disinterested mod to go along with disinterested town :thunk:

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

b-minus1 posted:

yeah that post has me :thunk:in pretty hard right now

What, did you misread lupus's post? You two reached the same conclusion.

Forgive me if this has been addressed, catch up posting.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

IcePhoenix posted:

The mod hasn't added the votefinder stuff or links to the player post histories to the OP like every other game I've been in so maybe we have a disinterested mod to go along with disinterested town :thunk:

Eh, probably busy. I PM'd mod about something the other day, and she got back the next day. I'd give it some time, but if it's urgent

*continues summoning ritual*

##SUMMON CHIC TROMBONE

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Sorry, Is houldn't have done that. It's a fake action. but by breaking the rules, maybe, just maybe, I can solve the future. :D

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
##vote B-

I don't think they are just scummy, I think they are actually scum in this game. Sorry Bee.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

What, did you misread lupus's post? You two reached the same conclusion.

Forgive me if this has been addressed, catch up posting.

my point was that I don't know how a single quid post implies anything

##vote B-

I don't think they are just scummy, I think they are actually scum in this game. Sorry Bee.

lol you cannot be serious

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I can't believe anyone will let Quid get away with being this scummy

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I mean, he hasn't posted, but neither has bagshotrow. We have 2 players who have done nothing.

The Quid vote stemmed from a Clord joke about finding a slip of paper.

Don't act like this is some mind-numbingly dumb move to not vote Quid when overall participation has been lackluster.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hal Incandenza posted:

I’ve run the numbers and 84.2% of the time this is a scum intro to the game ##vote Quid

Stop ignoring FACTS, AA

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Votecount for Day 1

Quidthulhu (4): chaoslord, Hal Incandenza, merk, CapitalistPig, GulagDolls, merk, LupusAter, LupusAter
Dancer (2): Dancer, GeneX
merk (1): Nep-Nep
50 pounds of bread (1): merk
b-minus1 (1): Anomalous Amalgam, GeneX, GeneX, Anomalous Amalgam, Anomalous Amalgam
GulagDolls (1): b-minus1, Anomalous Amalgam, Anomalous Amalgam
AnonymousNarcotics (1): Gridlocked
Nep-Nep (1): IcePhoenix, Tired Moritz, IcePhoenix
Tired Moritz (1): AnonymousNarcotics
IcePhoenix (0): Nep-Nep, Nep-Nep
Hal Incandenza (0): LupusAter, LupusAter
LupusAter (0): GulagDolls, Anomalous Amalgam, Anomalous Amalgam, GulagDolls
SalTheBard (0): CapitalistPig, GulagDolls, CapitalistPig, GulagDolls
GeneX (0): Monathin, Monathin
Tolly Totes (0): GeneX, GeneX
AnAnonymousIdiot (0): Dancer, Dancer
Anomalous Amalgam (0): Tired Moritz, CapitalistPig, Tired Moritz, CapitalistPig

Not Voting (9): 50 pounds of bread, AnAnonymousIdiot, bagshotrow, IcePhoenix, LupusAter, Monathin, Quidthulhu, SalTheBard, Tolly Totes

With 22 alive, it's 12 votes to execute. The current deadline is June 26th, 2018 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 4 hours, 10 minutes.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I would also be fine with 50 he will probably never really do much all game.

And Dancer, I would vote them, I know I have not liked some recent posting of theirs but since I'm stupidly in 3 games and also very busy and I can't recall if it was this game or not but whatever

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Here's why I don't want to vote Quid, and why I think it's scummy as gently caress that he'll likely be the day's lazy push:

A. It will tell us nothing. Quid has made like 2 posts. We'll be no closer to solving the game or identifying scum.
B. It having told us nothing allows scum, REGARDLESS of Quid's alignment, to act freely. We will have no one to link Quid to so it will be D1.5 with a fresh corpse.
C. The odds of Quid being scum are slim. With no evidence to support it he is at the default percentage chance for being scum/non-town being probably 27-36% with 6-8 non-town in a 22 Player.
(C addendum: Setup-Spec: If everything is tiered by multiple factions, then it only further proves he shouldn't be lynched.)
D. Lynch someone with bad content, Christ.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Are people voting for Quid solely because of lurking? Scum typically don't lurk because they have scum bros prodding them to vote. I don't like this vote and will not vote for Quid for now.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Basically what AA said.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Hal Incandenza posted:

Stop ignoring FACTS, AA

You substantiate those numbers with empirical evidence or at least the reasonable facsimile of it and we'll talk.

Until then,

It's a bad and lazy play.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

It's a bad and lazy play.

meh, just another day for me

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

SalTheBard posted:

Are people voting for Quid solely because of lurking? Scum typically don't lurk because they have scum bros prodding them to vote. I don't like this vote and will not vote for Quid for now.

##vote SalTheBard

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

merk posted:

##vote SalTheBard

Ok. Why?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

SalTheBard posted:

Depends on the scumteam tbh.

This post is pinging me.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Here's why I don't want to vote Quid, and why I think it's scummy as gently caress that he'll likely be the day's lazy push:

A. It will tell us nothing. Quid has made like 2 posts. We'll be no closer to solving the game or identifying scum.
B. It having told us nothing allows scum, REGARDLESS of Quid's alignment, to act freely. We will have no one to link Quid to so it will be D1.5 with a fresh corpse.
C. The odds of Quid being scum are slim. With no evidence to support it he is at the default percentage chance for being scum/non-town being probably 27-36% with 6-8 non-town in a 22 Player.
(C addendum: Setup-Spec: If everything is tiered by multiple factions, then it only further proves he shouldn't be lynched.)
D. Lynch someone with bad content, Christ.

100% agree with all of this. thank you for saving me the trouble of making a similar post.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Who has bad content, someone update me

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Hal Incandenza posted:

Who has bad content, someone update me

Take your pick lol

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

CapitalistPig posted:

Depends on the scumteam tbh.

This post is pinging me.

No thats true. My experience with scum hasn't always been the greatest so I guess I'm not really sure what scum team should be doing. I would assume though that they wouldn't want to lose a player so arbitrarily so they would prod them to post.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

b-minus1 posted:

100% agree with all of this. thank you for saving me the trouble of making a similar post.

:same:

Also AA I like your new avatar both because that game is good and also I think it fits your meta :v:

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
I'm still suspicious of genex for voting me yesterday. Obviously I'm biased here, but it seemed like he was trying to start a wagon on me:

GeneX posted:

B-, mind elaborating on that vote?

b-minus1 posted:

Scum gulag has a tendency to post things like “hmm kill” and “umm SCUM”
In other words, it’s a meta read
This was his next post, from yesterday:

GeneX posted:

##vote B-
voting gulag for voting Lupus for that weird fishing post is a kind of reflexive thing I find suspect, laughing it off is too
weak? yeah. a thing? maybe!
also gulag shitposts but he's a pretty good player below said shitposts, aka the perfect mafia man

b-minus1 posted:

:getin:
LOL the “fishing post” had nothing to do with my gulag vote. We already went over this back on page 4, when you asked me to explain my reasoning for voting gulag. Which I did. An admittedly weak meta read.

GeneX posted:

oh wait, yeah, you did
hmm
##vote Dancer
that's a lot of suspicion being thrown out there without votes

he then moved on to Dancer and hasnt posted since

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

b-minus1 posted:

##vote Hal

are ANY of these real votes?
[/quote]

Nope it wasn't. I'm god awful at D1 reads and I wanted to participate with something in comparison to my usual lurking. Especially because I'm about to get super busy until Sunday afternoon thanks to work and a wedding.

I'm asking chic to sub me not being able to post for 4 days at the start of a game is kinda bad. Shame too game looked really neat.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

IcePhoenix posted:

:same:

Also AA I like your new avatar both because that game is good and also I think it fits your meta :v:

Lol those were my exact reasons

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Lol those were my exact reasons

Plus it is alliterative! (The game name)

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

b-minus1 posted:

I'm still suspicious of genex for voting me yesterday. Obviously I'm biased here, but it seemed like he was trying to start a wagon on me:

This was his next post, from yesterday:

he then moved on to Dancer and hasnt posted since

it doesnt look like a bandwagon to me but it DOES look like someone asking questions they dont actually care about...id vote gx

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

I'm just stupid busy guys sorry

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

I kinda like bminus's case on genex. Nep-Nep also feels weirdly argumentative, but in my (limited) experience it could both be overeager town or scum trying to build cred, and I still can't get a read of their earlier interaction with Dancer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

##vote gx :shopkeeper:

• Locked thread