Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

this seems neat I guess I'll play

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Nep-Nep posted:

IcePhoenix has contributed a lot to the SA ALTTPR community we've been building up, so it's time to thank him properly.

##vote IcePhoenix

It's Nep-Nep's fault I have lost many hours to watching all these incredibly entertaining races even though I don't actually play the game.

##vote Nep-Nep

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Dancer posted:

I agree. And as AA has just been died in another game on D1, and ANarc now already has a vote...
##vote idiot

I'm pretty sure it's against the rules to vote for everyone at once

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

AnAnonymousIdiot posted:

Do we even have a shop? Why do we have a theoretical codex to be filled with collectibles?

also can the shopkeeper use the shop to detect scum

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

b-minus1 posted:

wow this is a long d1.

Is this like black box mafia in that we have to unlock the day/night phase? Because as far as I can tell Chic didn't actually announce when the deadline is.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

b-minus1 posted:

according to votefinder d1 ends in 1 day, 6 hours, on June 26, 2018, 10 p.m. EDT

thank you friend

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

oh I should ##unvote from jokephase thanks

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

That maybe I'm reading to far into it, but maybe not.

This has been a lovely d1

all day ones are lovely

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

lol @ quid's only post being "oh hey did this start"

even when I'm d1 lurking I at least vaguely try to engage with what's going on

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

The mod hasn't added the votefinder stuff or links to the player post histories to the OP like every other game I've been in so maybe we have a disinterested mod to go along with disinterested town :thunk:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

b-minus1 posted:

100% agree with all of this. thank you for saving me the trouble of making a similar post.

:same:

Also AA I like your new avatar both because that game is good and also I think it fits your meta :v:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

GeneX posted:

I’ve been asleep, bee movie

And it’s she/her/etc but it’s ok

that is a long sleep

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Dancer posted:

I have almost nothing substantial to say.

Some (weak) reads:
IcePhoenix - scum (too many empty posts)

:thunk:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

you voted for gulag and then didn't even include him in your reads

also that post is just like "well let me throw some names out there and see if one sticks but I don't want to commit to them at all" which is exactly the type of (scum) post that got a late day 1 train on me last game I was in

##vote Dance

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

##vote dancer

maf edit

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I'm torn because I really like AA's case but also it's AA.

However, I still think it's worth voting Dancer. I have zero knowledge of DCSS so I'm simply going off his posting.

Can someone tell me what AAI's flavor of death means?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

50 pounds of bread posted:

Am I the only one that is immediately compelled to want to test the deathproof thingy?

you are not

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I can't tunnel, is that an ability a scum character would have in this game?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Also can someone please answer this question for me

IcePhoenix posted:

Can someone tell me what AAI's flavor of death means?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Dancer posted:

There are 18 people alive in this game other than you and me, and you have offered exactly one sentence of opinion on any of them outside of joke phase:

It might be helpful to town if you changed that.

wrong

IcePhoenix posted:

you voted for gulag and then didn't even include him in your reads

also that post is just like "well let me throw some names out there and see if one sticks but I don't want to commit to them at all" which is exactly the type of (scum) post that got a late day 1 train on me last game I was in

but I understand why you'd want to twist the narrative when this one was about you

:boom:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

also for the love of god someone answer my question

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

GeneX posted:

Who the hell decided to take a swing at me

Show yourself, coward

I found some potions, and since my night action is actively anti-town to use except in extremely specific circumstances (unless I drastically misunderstand it), I’m gonna chug them and hope for mutation or EXP

going off the OP I'm assuming there's no potion that gains us mutations or EXP

Dancer posted:

That reads to me very much like a statement about me.

please do not bring my poor reading skills into my ironclad case

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Dancer posted:

To clarify (this isn't me being sarcastic or anything, I just want to make sure I got this right): By the above statement you mean that when I said "people other than you or me", you read it as "people other than you", and thus you thought you were presenting a counter-example when you quoted yourself talking about me?

If so, fine, that can happen. Now please stop focusing so hard on me; everyone knows how incredibly suspect you think I am, and several people agree, you are not adding anything to the discussion. It would be helpful if you could comment on anyone else.

I just skimmed over the "other than you or me" bit and though you were saying that was my singular post with content, while ignoring the post I had made about you as a way to try and push the target, yeah.

I'll do some closer looking over later tonight.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

alright I'm looking through posts and giving thoughts on people now

50: only really posts about his half-horseness with a passing remark on wanting to test Dancer's DP claim.

AA: Mentioned before that I like his case, or at the very least the effort behind it. Town read.

B-: I always have trouble reading B-. Leaning town for now in my head but my gut tells me otherwise.

Gulag: no idea

Lupus: AA did the groundwork on him.

Merk: is zeroed in on Sal without really bothering to talk about anyone else.

Monathin: Seems to be trying to scumhunt. Lean town.

Nep: Engaged with the game. Town lean.

Quid: is he playing this game? Honestly, probably town but is certainly not helping at all.

Sal: Only posts are about how scummy he's being and that he totally understands. Could be time limited town as he says, could also be a scum play to excuse his lurking.

Anyone else I either didn't read much or there's nothing there for me to read. Would still vote dancer but only if it came to deadline and no other options were there. Lupus, Merk, Sal (I know they're effectively against each other but I think one of them is scum) are also on my shortlist of people I need to look into more.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Chic Trombone posted:

Keane replaced Quid, yes. I thought I posted that already

I was just going off the list in the op so idk

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I was paying too much attention to my own game and thought the deadline was tomorrow, whoops. I'm gonna put a vote down and I'll be back close to deadline to check in and change if need be.

##vote Sal

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

##vote Lupus

what the hell is going on :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

the meter for that was terrible it's not even close