Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

If you don't get yelled at for speeding every time you dock you're not docking right

edit: uh oops

BattleMaster fucked around with this message at 08:43 on Dec 8, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drake_263
Mar 31, 2010

Statutory Ape posted:

what would the benefit of a t10 be over an anaconda? i'm looking @ both and kinda dont know whats going on. i have a T9 right now that i just use as a naked cargo hauler so i cant imagine either ship is any shittier when it comes to maneuvering (especially w D rated thrusters on it)

T10 is essentially an upgunned, more heavily armored T9 with upgraded power and drive systems - it's still a giant pig to fly but it's not as actively painful as the T9 is.

As for the T10 vs Anaconda, first off, the T10 is a hull tanker, Conda a shield tanker. This is relevant versus Thargoids because many of their weapons go right through your shields, and the T10 was touted as an anti-thargoid ship. The 'Conda is more maneuverable and has that giant underchin class-4 mount - theoretically it's a giant doomsday gunship that fights to keep the enemy in its front arc, where most of its weapons can hit the enemy. The T10 is slwoer and more clumsy, but the hardpoint geometry is wider and aside from the two C1 mounts on the chin, every other hardpoint is in a spot with a wide 360 degree hemisphere of a fire arc - perfect for a 'flying fortress' style turret layout.

Internals-wise, the T10 still has a single free C8 internal bay which means it can haul a giant fucklot of stuff (256 tons, to be exact) and still devote the rest of those slots to kicking rear end and taking names. It's also 20M cheaper as an initial purchase and much cheaper to upgrade, thanks to many of the core systems being smaller than the Conda's.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

That's actually making me consider buying one to go along with my discolaserconda

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

BattleMaster posted:

If you don't get yelled at for speeding every time you dock you're not docking right

edit: uh oops

always boost out of the slot

if youve never had a slot splatter bounty on your type 9, youre not space truckin

goatsestretchgoals fucked around with this message at 10:56 on Dec 8, 2018

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Boosting out at 321 in a Keelback slamming into a passenger ship is always awesome

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
ok now that I'm thinking about da space game how fast / maneuverable can a Keelback get while still being a cargo brat

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

The cool thing to do in a Keelback seems to be to launch in a fighter and do your moving/fighting in that. You give up a 5-size slot though.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
balls

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Though being a tiny fighter in a combat zone does have some coolness to it

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

:thunk:

:haw:

I found a pair of pretty purple ringed brown dwarves orbiting a common point close together

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

just hit the inside of a mail slot at 431

what up

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

ShootaBoy posted:

Is there a general goon discord for E:D? I don't really give a poo poo about factions and all that crap, I just want more than the 2-3 friends that also play to shoot the poo poo about space with and ask dumbass newb questions.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3773251

Drake_263
Mar 31, 2010

Hexenritter posted:

That's actually making me consider buying one to go along with my discolaserconda

The T10 makes for a great high-end utility ship. Sure, it's clumsy as hell, but the hull is super tough, it can fit a wide variety of internal loadouts from pure cargo to mining to general utility - as many drone controllers as you can fit on it it sort of feels to me it was intended as a 'wing healer' with decon/fuel transfer/hull repair limpet controllers - and while it's big as all hell, the way the hardpoints are laid out there's very few angles you can approach it from without being in the fire arc of at least four turrets. Even the big dumbass spoiler has a purpose, two of the utility moutns are up there so they have a great arc of fire for point defense.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Is it ok to join if you have zero intention of helping the Diamond Frogs? I'm in the same boat, just playing casually but would like more people around.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

pik_d posted:

Is it ok to join if you have zero intention of helping the Diamond Frogs? I'm in the same boat, just playing casually but would like more people around.

Definitely. Casuals looking for friends are welcome.

Blimpkin
Dec 28, 2003

Dick Trauma posted:

Robigo is 500+ lys away from where I am now (Allechs) and will take like 50 jumps with my maximum of 12.96 ly range. So I think I'm going to have to find another way to occupy my time.

EDIT: I decided to do some delivery missions and grabbed three that were all in the same system. It wasn't until I arrived that I realized the destination was so far from the entry point it was going to take me probably 30 minutes to get there. I forgot about checking that. Whoops!

Keep Robigo in the back of your mind in case you decide you want to do more.

Ngalinn is closer, only 250Ly away, and has a host of missions you only need 3Ly Jump Range for.

I take offense at the notion of Robigo being the poopsock method, when it seems way more casual than grinding guardian ruins for materials

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Wha-hoa, it's there a passenger gold rush in this Robigo system? Should i throw on my luxury cabins or my cattle cars? I'm so sick of wandering around trying to think of something to do in rdr 2

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
I was doing delivery missions and saw that you now have to pick up the materials first from the top of the mission board. I got a high paying mission to deliver semiconductors but unlike the coffee mission I also selected there was nothing to pick up. I checked to make sure it wasn't one of those "cargo is loaded to your computer" missions.

I went back and forth between the mission board, the details and my cargo bay and couldn't figure out what was going on so I flew to the destination, dropped off the coffee and found that the semiconductors are listed as being in the depot back where I started.

Is this a bug of some sort?

EDIT:

It was a bug. I flew back and then the cargo was available to be loaded.

Dick Trauma fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Dec 8, 2018

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Inspector Hound posted:

Wha-hoa, it's there a passenger gold rush in this Robigo system? Should i throw on my luxury cabins or my cattle cars? I'm so sick of wandering around trying to think of something to do in rdr 2

Economy in everything below class 5, then business class 5 or above, but no need to actually put a cabin larger than 5 in the 6+ slots. Also you need a ship that can land on a medium pad, and >30ly jump range makes it 2 jumps each way. The Python is perfect if you min/max for jump range. There was a link in this thread to a build a few pages ago but I'm on my phone.

Blimpkin
Dec 28, 2003

Inspector Hound posted:

Grab a medium sized ship that can jump 30Ly and carry multiple Size 5 Economy Passenger Cabins. Python is the usual ship of choice, but a Krait can do it very well too. It's not quite a rush, per se, but you can pull down 15M Cr per round trip easy.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Blimpkin posted:

Grab a medium sized ship that can jump 30Ly and carry multiple Size 5 Economy Passenger Cabins. Python is the usual ship of choice, but a Krait can do it very well too. It's not quite a rush, per se, but you can pull down 15M Cr per round trip easy.

Flying without shields or a scoop and with 8(?) cabins I'm averaging 25M credits per run.

Over the course of a week I've made just over 1B credits playing ~2 hours at a time while watching soccer/twitch streams

pik_d fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Dec 8, 2018

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Blimpkin posted:

rush enough for me, i need to recharge my bank accounts since medb/parutis was a while ago.

pik_d posted:

Flying without shields or a scoop and with 8(?) cabins I'm averaging 25M credits per run.

Over the course of a week I've made just over 1B credits playing ~2 hours at a time while watching soccer/twitch streams

Yep, this is the plan. Thank you both, awesome news!

Blimpkin
Dec 28, 2003

Inspector Hound posted:

rush enough for me, i need to recharge my bank accounts since medb/parutis was a while ago.

And remember, if you opt for the Rep+++ options when you can, it all counts towards your Imperial rank. If you find yourself flush with 500M with these missions, consider heading to Ngalinn, which is actually in a Boom state right now. I've got more Data Delivery missions than I can take over here.

I went from Serf to Baron in 3 days because of all the passenger missions I had done at Robigo.

edit: Oh and don't be fooled, you want the missions being handed out at Robigo Mines, not Hauser's Reach. Not only are the mines more than half the distance from the main star, there's no security there. So you never have to fear losing fares due to being scanned, or because of slapping the mailslot.

Blimpkin fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Dec 8, 2018

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Inspector Hound posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteDangerous/comments/8yp8jm/robigos_back_how_to_make_120mhr_easy_low_barrier/

There's the Reddit post detailing everything.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Blimpkin posted:

And remember, if you opt for the Rep+++ options when you can, it all counts towards your Imperial rank. If you find yourself flush with 500M with these missions, consider heading to Ngalinn, which is actually in a Boom state right now. I've got more Data Delivery missions than I can take over here.

I went from Serf to Baron in 3 days because of all the passenger missions I had done at Robigo.

Are you in Ngalinn for money, rep, or what?

Blimpkin
Dec 28, 2003

pik_d posted:

Are you in Ngalinn for money, rep, or what?

Rep. I wanted the Clipper. At this point though, I still haven't seen my rank up meter dip below 100% as I've climbed the ranks. So now I'm just here to see how many more ranks I can go just by doing Data Deliveries and the Navy Missions that appeal to me. (Massacre 36 Pirates? No way. Assasinate Pirate Lord Elmo McGavin? Hell yeah.) I might get to Duke with very little effort beyond what I did ferrying criminals to Sirius Atmospherics.

What was cool is that I got here before the Boom state happened, so when I logged in last night and saw over 40 Data missions I was stoked.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

What engineering option should I take for the power distributor on my Vulture? I'm using a pair of multi-cannons engineered for damage/thermal and damage/more damage respectively and I'm enjoying how it's working out so I don't need the weapon focus since they draw very little power. Should I take the recharge focus or because I boost a lot is the engine focus useful at all?

I'm using 5A standard shields. Should I use bi-weave shields instead since I'm relying on speed and maneuverability so much?

El Perkele
Nov 7, 2002

I HAVE SHIT OPINIONS ON STAR WARS MOVIES!!!

I can't even call the right one bad.

Statutory Ape posted:

whats a good ship to use as a "fuk u, im a gunboat" type ship? 'conda or t10?

Fed line has some p good medium options if you can tolerate the grind. Dropship is a fuckoff hull tank with 1xL and 4XMed hardpoints, Assault Ship is Vulture On Drugs, and Gunship is very much about pouring absolute shitloads of firepower on someone. They're all med combat boats.

El Perkele
Nov 7, 2002

I HAVE SHIT OPINIONS ON STAR WARS MOVIES!!!

I can't even call the right one bad.

BattleMaster posted:

What engineering option should I take for the power distributor on my Vulture? I'm using a pair of multi-cannons engineered for damage/thermal and damage/more damage respectively and I'm enjoying how it's working out so I don't need the weapon focus since they draw very little power. Should I take the recharge focus or because I boost a lot is the engine focus useful at all?

I'm using 5A standard shields. Should I use bi-weave shields instead since I'm relying on speed and maneuverability so much?

Bi-weave hybrid tank with res/recharge buffs is nice and fast. Vulture can also go for full shield tank with scb and boosters.

Go for charge enhanced so you can utilize speed when needed.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

I was fighting stuff in a resource extraction site on the night side of a gas giant and boy is it pretty

El Perkele posted:

Bi-weave hybrid tank with res/recharge buffs is nice and fast. Vulture can also go for full shield tank with scb and boosters.

Go for charge enhanced so you can utilize speed when needed.

Cool, thanks. I've been using the Bi-weave shields for a few fights and they feel pretty good. I still need to get a bit better at dodging because after a couple of fights I end up limping away like this

I yoinked some stolen goods that the pirate I was fighting hatch-broke from a miner so now I'm going to sell them across a few black markets so the laser/power engineer notices me

edit: I wish there was a way to suppress the oxygen warning because it's hard to miss the big gaping hole in my canopy.

BattleMaster fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Dec 8, 2018

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

clone on the phone posted:

Definitely. Casuals looking for friends are welcome.

Not sure how true that is, since I had to go fill out a friggin' job application, but I suppose I'll see.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Shield recharge for MCs. I’m bad at this game but every drat time I’m evaluating why I’m running the gently caress away from a CZ it’s because SHIELD is empty. (Also because that Anaconda had friends, but meh.)

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

ShitMeter: -------------|- 99%

ShootaBoy posted:

Not sure how true that is, since I had to go fill out a friggin' job application, but I suppose I'll see.

It's all worthwhile.
Frogs are very helpful!

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

pik_d posted:

lol gently caress yeah it is. I haven't even logged on in months...

ShootaBoy posted:

Go ahead and give your two minutes to space-bureaucracy: it's worth it and you get to use the !inspire function on discord. :woop:

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

Definitely something wrong with delivery missions. If I accept more than one the depot only shows the cargo for the first mission. I have plenty of room for both, but there's no way to collect the cargo since it's not in the depot. Logging out didn't help. Last time I completed the first mission and when I returned the cargo for the second one appeared in the depot.

Unless this is by design, that you can accept multiple delivery missions but can only collect the cargo for the first one.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Dick Trauma posted:

Definitely something wrong with delivery missions. If I accept more than one the depot only shows the cargo for the first mission. I have plenty of room for both, but there's no way to collect the cargo since it's not in the depot. Logging out didn't help. Last time I completed the first mission and when I returned the cargo for the second one appeared in the depot.

Unless this is by design, that you can accept multiple delivery missions but can only collect the cargo for the first one.

Does it matter if you accept one, pick up the cargo, then accept another one?

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

I wasn't having trouble doing multiple missions at a time to bring food to a famine station and managed to get as many as 5 at once without cheesing it by switching game modes or whatever.

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dick Trauma posted:

Sometimes there can be some lag in the mission boards, have you tried checking the depot again after waiting a bit?

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

I just logged in again and the second mission is still not in the depot. Guess I'll deliver the first load and come back to see if the second appears, but next time I'll try collecting the cargo as soon as I accept a mission.

Not sure yet if this is only one station (Lawrence Orbital) or it's happening at others.

EDIT: For the hell of it I bought 2 units of tantalum and although it's in my cargo bay it's not marked with "haulage" so it doesn't count toward the mission. So there's no way to be sneaky and turn this into a "source" mission.

EDIT 2: Nope, the depot is still empty. Ah well, I'll just dump the mission.

Dick Trauma fucked around with this message at 13:58 on Dec 9, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

ShitMeter: -------------|- 99%
There will be a server reset for the new update on Tuesday, so make sure all your missions are completed before then.
If not, they will be wiped. So if you're in the middle of a chain mission, ya better get a move along.

• Locked thread