Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Caganer
Feb 15, 2018
like too many people have their computers so that you can just walk up and mess with them with NO password or pipes that sometimes show a teapot.

i was trying to track down that matrix text one for my macbook and couldnt find one i wasn't afraid would turn my computer into a dogecoin mining rig so now i just have that lovely sunburst thing.

like, we need things to look at while our macbooks play tycho and we vape!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

because gently caress screens

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
screens no longer need to be saved, idiot

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock
we already saved all the screens op

wildmamboqueen
May 31, 2001

mad about the mage
The Great Twist
I have a screen saver, from Win 98, the fish and bubbles. It is how I am able to sleep.

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015
The Screen Savior retired years ago.

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
turn on ur monitor

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Screens wake up quickly now, and can be powered on and off by the os.

I miss the desert island screensaver where the shipwrecked mariner catches fish.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
So is op Gagelion? I can’t keep up with all the parachutes these days

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

let it mellow posted:

turn on ur monitor

never

Squidder
Mar 19, 2003

King of the Cat Tree

Oven Wrangler
Back in the day I had an awesome Far Side screen saver. It came on 4 floppy disks. :allears:

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

Kuato posted:

idk but its safe to say op should suck my goddamn balls

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

Squidder posted:

Back in the day I had an awesome Far Side screen saver. It came on 4 floppy disks. :allears:

[roger rabbit sounds as eyeballs pop out of head]

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

let it mellow posted:

idk but its safe to say op should suck my goddamn balls

present them

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock
im the last copy of after dark sitting on a store shelf somewhere in america right now

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

Screens wake up quickly now, and can be powered on and off by the os.

I miss the desert island screensaver where the shipwrecked mariner catches fish.

The best screensaver

Then playing starcon 2 after watching that screen saver for a while

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018
remember the windows maze? sometimes you see the other mouse!

MIND BLOWN

Voltage
Sep 4, 2004

MALT LIQUOR!
I used to hang out at my dad's private office back in the 90's/early 2k and gently caress around on his ibm Pentium ii 233mhz PC with NT 4.0 and an absolute motherlode of screen savers - flying toasters, brick maze, pipes/w teapots, you name it. He was a social worker at a big hospital but for some reason he got his own office with a pretty sick PC at the time. Computers and internet were so much cooler back then. I even slapped Napster on that bitch since it was on a t1 or t3 line. Crazy fast internet when all I had at home was 33.6k on a Pentium 1 166mhz.

Everything absolutely sucks now and computers aren't exciting anymore now that everyone is glued to them 24/7 and it's all just completely poo poo content and there's no mystique around it anymore.

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

Voltage posted:

I used to hang out at my dad's private office back in the 90's/early 2k and gently caress around on his ibm Pentium ii 233mhz PC with NT 4.0 and an absolute motherlode of screen savers - flying toasters, brick maze, pipes/w teapots, you name it. He was a social worker at a big hospital but for some reason he got his own office with a pretty sick PC at the time. Computers and internet were so much cooler back then. I even slapped Napster on that bitch since it was on a t1 or t3 line. Crazy fast internet when all I had at home was 33.6k on a Pentium 1 166mhz.

Everything absolutely sucks now and computers aren't exciting anymore now that everyone is glued to them 24/7 and it's all just completely poo poo content and there's no mystique around it anymore.

have you heard of the "dark web"

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop
Maybe We're The Ones Who Need Saving

DonJNavarro
Aug 16, 2000
I am so smart!....S-M-R-T!

:dukedog:
i have the original matrix one thats from linux kde or whatever that i use on my mac. ill dig it up if you want.

i have the source so you can compile it yourself and mine your own bitcoins

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

Stark Fist posted:

Maybe We're The Ones Who Need Saving

sounds like a lifetime movie

haven't watched a lifetime movie since i watched one where rosie odonnel pretends to be dude the whole movie and the woman she dated says what we all thought "BUT I hosed YOU" and she details how she'd turn down the lights and pull out a dildo to pretend to gently caress her. like,. this was pre rosie coming out so like, 99/2000 or so? it was terrible and aqesome and i never put on that channel ago, it had peaked.

Woden
May 6, 2006

Breakfast Feud posted:

OLEDs dude.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
I programmed a screensaver with bright happy bubbles in DOS once by typing gibberish that was in a book, but, I must have done something wrong because the bubbles were sad bubbles all in grey scale. :(

In school there was one where fish would swim across the screen from both directions, and if they bumped in to each other, the biggest one would eat the other. It was exciting because it wasn't always obvious which was the biggest because of fins and thinsgs, so it really kept you guessing. kept me entertained all day.

Wow I never realized how much I missed screensavers until this thread. It's like a hole in my heart that will now never be filled.

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

Zoe posted:

Wow I never realized how much I missed screensavers until this thread. It's like a hole in my heart that will now never be filled.

have you tried bourbon?

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

Zoe posted:

, I must have done something wrong because the bubbles were sad bubbles all in grey scale. :(

this isnt a thread about ur sex life

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Kuato posted:

*grabs your head and forces you to suck my dick*
That’s right bitch! I said stop posting or this will keep happening! Slurp slurp mother fucker!
*cumps all over your ducking dumb face idiot*
Get the gently caress out of here you slut! Or I punch you! I said stop post or I destroy your dick!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

That’s right bitch! I said stop posting or this will keep happening! Slurp slurp mother fucker!
Get the gently caress out of here you slut! Or I punch you! I said stop post or I destroy your dick!

:same:

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

Pretty hosed up to do that to your own stomach baby

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy

Voltage posted:

I memorized the Flying Toasters song that one version of the screen saver head and I came within minutes of signing up to sing it in a talent show.

Flying out of the sun
The smell of toast is in the air
When there's a job to be done
The Flying Toasters will be there

And it's flap! Flap! Flap!
Now help is on the way
This vict'ry song they sing
We pop up to save the day
On mighty toaster wings

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.

Breakfast Feud posted:

What if computer is hooked up to TV?

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

Whoa, way to derail the thread, moron.

We’re discussing the op, poverty and his inability to purchase a tv. Really sad to see a goon down and out in such a manner. Wish we could do something to help him.

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018
no no NO

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Caganer posted:

no no NO

The gently caress is that

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

They are still a thing, Windows 10 comes bundled with a handful of old Win 95 screensavers.

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

Ruggan posted:

let me guess: you laughed when rick and morty kronenberged the world but didn't actually know what that means?

WUBALUBADUBDUB

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

FactsAreUseless posted:

They are still a thing, Windows 10 comes bundled with a handful of old Win 95 screensavers.

this would almost make running windows 10 worth it.

now that google docs is better than word it's really all micro$oft has left tying ppl to windoze

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

Caganer posted:

this would almost make running windows 10 worth it.

now that google docs is better than word it's really all micro$oft has left tying ppl to windoze

u need help bicth

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Ruggan posted:

There is just no mystique!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018