Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
I want to nominate our cat Moo Moo as #43:

A couple weeks ago we took our cats Moo Moo and Luga on a road trip with us to the ski mountains to stay in an airbnb with us. At eight hours this was their first long trip ever, and Luga's first time walking anywhere on a leash. They did so well with four people and two cats in the car. We pulled over a few times where there were trails to let them stretch their legs. For about an hour they were either walking from plant to plant to sniff it, or running off at a good pace towards random points no matter how hard we tried to get them to go between the rocks marking the trail. When I ran off into the rocks they ran really fast to follow and look for me. We finally picked them up to bring them back to the cars, when they really would have preferred to keep running around. But once Moo Moo realized we were headed back to the car she asked to be set down, ran back to the car, and eagerly packed herself away.

"Hiking with two cats on a leash at once"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LQ83CUPJrM

"Moo Moo exploring the desert mountains" <--- Really pretty scenery

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K34i1HqMLAQ

Getting Moo Moo into the car:

Moo Moo is an amazing cat. She let us walk her on a leash the first week we adopted her from a rescue. She plays fetch, chasing springs around the house and bringing them back in her mouth.

A couple weeks after adopting her we were just sitting around the couch working on laptops and out of the corner of my eye saw her suddenly do a triple backflip forward off of a little soft cube bench, and land perfectly on the floor in front of her. As if that wasn't shocking enough she also was chewing on something that she had apparently caught in mid air, explaining the backflips. That's when we knew Moo Moo was something special or even supernatural and that we were extremely lucky that she chose us.

https://www.instagram.com/moo_squared/

Happy Thread fucked around with this message at 08:01 on Mar 27, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

Dumb Lowtax posted:

I want to nominate our cat Moo Moo as #43:

A couple weeks ago we took our cats Moo Moo and Luga on a road trip with us to the ski mountains to stay in an airbnb with us. At eight hours this was their first long trip ever, and Luga's first time walking anywhere on a leash. They did so well with four people and two cats in the car. We pulled over a few times where there were trails to let them stretch their legs. For about an hour they were either walking from plant to plant to sniff it, or running off at a good pace towards random points no matter how hard we tried to get them to go between the rocks marking the trail. When I ran off into the rocks they ran really fast to follow and look for me. We finally picked them up to bring them back to the cars, when they really would have preferred to keep running around. But once Moo Moo realized we were headed back to the car she asked to be set down, ran back to the car, and eagerly packed herself away.

"Hiking with two cats on a leash at once"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LQ83CUPJrM

"Moo Moo exploring the desert mountains" <--- Really pretty scenery

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K34i1HqMLAQ

Getting Moo Moo into the car:

Moo Moo is an amazing cat. She let us walk her on a leash the first week we adopted her from a rescue. She plays fetch, chasing springs around the house and bringing them back in her mouth.

A couple weeks after adopting her we were just sitting around the couch working on laptops and out of the corner of my eye saw her suddenly do a triple backflip forward off of a little soft cube bench, and land perfectly on the floor in front of her. As if that wasn't shocking enough she also was chewing on something that she had apparently caught in mid air, explaining the backflips. That's when we knew Moo Moo was something special or even supernatural and that we were extremely lucky that she chose us.

We did a kind of part 2 of this trip the other day. We took #43 Moo Moo to the world's largest litterbox (the beach) and walked her on the leash up to the water. She had been asking to go play outside again since the last trip (she does this by running out the front door when we come home). When the time came though, she surprisingly preferred to stay napping on the day of. Once we walked out with the leash and the front door closed behind us she started meowing to be let back in and we could tell she needed a more low key adventure. We weren't really sure what to expect but we brought a big pop up cat tent along and set it up for her to hide in. That was a good thing... she mostly hung out in there was not in an exploratory mood like the other week. It seemed she might dislike being in sand. Because it reminds her of a litter box. Oops!

The tent stayed quite cool but just in case she needed to get cooler I decided to put her paws in the water as a wave receded. Moo Moo entered the ocean.

She was pissed. Wet sand got stuck to her tail to a degree I did not expect, and she hid in the tent from us in protest. Thereafter she made it clear she wasn't a fan of the dry sand either. And yet once we made it back to the parking lot we had to hold her back, because she was suddenly all about leaving the tent and exploring again. Next time we'll do anything but sand then. We took her home and she rejoined Luga. She eagerly embraced being back to her familiar comforts.

Bonus photo from the first hike:

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
Previous Moo Moo (#43) post:
(Hiking in the beach, snow, and desert on a leash)

Moo Moo loves chasing spring toys around the house and playing soccer with them in her paws.

Early on she would play fetch with springs, running after where you threw them and bringing them back to you in her mouth dropping them in front of you. Now that she's all grown up she prefers to pretend that the springs are alive. You can watch her hunt them and form a little narrative in her head about what the spring is doing as it rolls into a new hiding place, coasting from the momentum from the last time she hit it. If you disrupt her pretend play and try to move or throw the spring yourself, she just acts confused and irritated at why you messed up her game. :shrug: lol

She was so skinny back when we adopted her. It's amazing how different she looks now that she's well fed and groomed:

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
That new cat is pretty awesome, he/she has my vote!

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
(Playing soccer with springs)

We bought some weird feeding system for cats that causes them to find and kill plastic mice hidden around the house. They seem to like it!

I can't believe it's been less than a YEAR since Moo Moo looked all scraggly and raggedy right after we adopted her:

She really needed to eat some better quality food. Now she mostly eats instinct cans and steals Luga's food (some allergen free diet thing).

Bonus picture of Moo Moo's IDIOT friend Luga, who shortly after we adopted him found his way into the pile of Moo Moo's old vet things while we weren't looking, quietly squeezed his head through the cone of shame and somehow put it on himself even though it is made of cloth, then stumbled into the room with us wearing it confused:

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

Bedevere posted:

How do you get clothes on your cats? I would be killed for trying that.

We noticed Moo Moo was super chill right when we got her and not afraid of the vacuum (even if we USED it on her) so we just started putting outfits on her right away and when she ignored them we added a leash and she was immediately fine going around the block with us

Luga was a bit more traumatized by outfits but leaving them loosely on for a little while got him to ignore them and then he was OK with putting the harness on him, and is definitely more interested in running around (and away) and exploring if you put him somewhere like the middle of outside

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

Our cat Moo Moo does something very strange. She is normally very quiet and makes the mouth motions of a meow without any sound coming out when she sees you. But every night when we go to sleep, or even take a nap or get too quiet for a while, she'll start making a very sad, low, loud meow. She'll walk all around the house doing this even when she knows where we are. Then we'll hear her climb up an elaborate series of platforms to a shelf where there's a big stuffed blue Hippo kept very far out of reach for decoration. We'll hear the low meows get closer and closer, but with a little hint of pride behind them and some high trills thrown in. We'll always wake up to the blue Hippo on the floor by our bed, possibly with a few toy mice too.

Hear her chirp sound from that second gif:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BhXFrS9lzee/?taken-by=moo_squared

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
Moo Moo (#43)

Part two of this story:

Dumb Lowtax posted:

Our cat Moo Moo does something very strange. She is normally very quiet and makes the mouth motions of a meow without any sound coming out when she sees you. But every night when we go to sleep, or even take a nap or get too quiet for a while, she'll start making a very sad, low, loud meow. She'll walk all around the house doing this even when she knows where we are. Then we'll hear her climb up an elaborate series of platforms to a shelf where there's a big stuffed blue Hippo kept very far out of reach for decoration. We'll hear the low meows get closer and closer, but with a little hint of pride behind them and some high trills thrown in. We'll always wake up to the blue Hippo on the floor by our bed, possibly with a few toy mice too.

Hear her chirp sound from that second gif:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BhXFrS9lzee/?taken-by=moo_squared

She did it again today.

And then again.

And one more time that we didn't photograph. She runs up a bunch of shelves on top of the fireplace to it every chance she gets.

In fact before the fireplace we used to keep it here inside this grey cube shelf:

But she got it too much.

The only thing that got her to stop attacking it today was taking a nap with us. Moo Moo, exhausted from all the platforming to attack blue hippos.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
That jungle gym is accessed by means of this "tree" I made for her to run up. I had an outdoor cat that would run up each tree in front of us while we hiked, and I wanted to see if Moo Moo could do it. It's spaced out from the wall a bit so she can grab all the way around it. You can see that effect better from the side, in my previous post. There's carpet glued on and staggered platforms to jump onto to each side.

Once she gets to the top sometimes she climbs all the way around the tops of furniture to get to a door-mounted pull up bar, where I had hung some string for her to play with down below.

She'd rather attack it at its source.

Happy Thread fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Apr 13, 2018

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
What if instead of voting beginning some people just keep on buying banner ads once a month, what then

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
Moo Moo (#43) went house shopping yesterday

Is this my new house

Are you serious, this house looks like a trap

No privacy in this one

Too boring, this house puts me to sleep

Is this one a cow house as well

House?

...House?

Ugh, enough. I, a cat, can MAKE a better house than all of these. I'll build my own

Just roll out the flooring and I'm good to go

All done

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

Thin Privilege posted:

WHERE DID YOU GET THIS I NEED IT

The exact one is only available in China \/:shobon:\/

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

Shinmera posted:

I was bored this morning so I whipped up a site real quick that should let you (relatively) easily make images in SA-avatar size.

Here you go.

That's pretty slick, well done.

edit: Looks like the max size to avatars is actually 180x180; could you bump up this tool so the max dimension is 180 instead of 150?

Also, for some reason when I uploaded the tool's result into the SA new avatar form, the preview was blank (as if it wasn't the right format) whereas an image cropped without the tool showed up.

Happy Thread fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Apr 24, 2018

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
Anyone know how to put links in SA custom titles?

edit: Figured it out. It's just a BBCode url tag but I had an errant space or line break in it somehow that tripped it up

Happy Thread fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Apr 24, 2018

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
Ok I've bought a Moo Moo custom title, so the OP can count that as another $10 towards the spine fund -- including the $5 that's coming when I change it back after the contest is over.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
Great teamwork! :woop:

Moo Moo (#43)

Moo Moo during an adventure:

Moo Moo after the adventure:

Moo Moo pissed off that she has to be cooped up inside in between adventuring:

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
Is the thread no longer stickied? Had trouble finding it in GBS, seems to have fallen off the front page. Seems like it should stay stickied with the other Lowtax fundraiser

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
Moo Moo #43 finding pine cones in the snow

We took a road trip with her last month to an airbnb to go skiiing. The night before this video was taken we were feeding Moo Moo's brother while Moo Moo was locked in the bedroom and she somehow managed to slide open the window. I saw little paw prints outside going off towards the woods / road. I ran outside and up and down the sidewalks to each apartment in panic. Thankfully she stepped out from behind a hill, slowly prancing down the road with tail up like a majestic deer looking at me. The air was still and silent. Thankfully there were no cars at 1am in the mountains. I walked up slowly to her and called her name and she just moseyed along the sidewalk towards me and lowered her head to get pet. She just wanted to chill with the trees for a second and came to say hi as soon as I needed her too. Such a good cat.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
Campaigning still continues right? I've got a lot more content to post

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

dee eight posted:

post post post

No, Moo Moo

No, Moo Moo

No

...Did you just take a chip right out of my hand Moo Moo

Moo Moo #43

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
Moo Moo #43 chilling on the beach yesterday, watching some waves crash.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
That's great!

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

Dumb Lowtax posted:

Moo Moo #43 chilling on the beach yesterday, watching some waves crash.

#43 Moo Moo showed up unannounced to a big group camping trip last weekend. This is her before that beach visit.

---

I don't care if it's time to wake up and pack the campsite, or where you're going, I'm just gonna stay in the tent.

Uh oh what's happening?

...Meow

...I thought this was supposed to be our new house.

I'm still not gonna come out.

This is stupid. Outside is stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
Are we gonna get a new thread for the next round of campaigning? I dunno how many folks starting from page one will get this far

• Locked thread