Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Really psyched for this. I think the Chessbrah stream is going to be really good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Hand Knit posted:

Chess24 just barfed a fart and is now showing Karjakin-Mamedyarov as all games so I don't know exactly what's happening in Lev-Ding
After a very long think Ding played Rd6, which seems a blunder

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Yasser found Rb2

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Resigned according to Cressbrah stream

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

I think you are talking about move 44, and Stockfish sees Bxd8 following no matter what you promote to, check or no check. Stockfish has a tendency to underpromote in those situations because it thinks it is slightly more likely the opponent will not take if you underpromote. So d8=Q Bxd8 still would have left Kramnick in the position Stockfish considered best for white.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

He pops up fairly regularly. Sorry he is going to STL, wish they had him for the entire tournament.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

grah posted:

Kramnik taking stubbornness to bizarre lengths, repeatedly throwing away draws against Grischuk to insist upon losing.

Haven't watched today's after match presser yet, but I'm looking forward to it, because yesterday's with Ding was pretty hilarious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGOqFVNfhhY

Edit: And here is today's https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFQXqjTH4DQ

Sub Rosa fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Mar 20, 2018

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Also didn't attend the press conference!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Tied for first presuming Shak draws, and if that were the case, with three wins, I think he would actually win on tie-breaks if the tournament ended today.

• Locked thread