Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SoggyGravy
Jul 14, 2008

MAXIMUM
OVERGOON
What is the multiplayer options like for this version? Is one player the dog?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Full seamless co op from the beginning.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
Can PC people co-op with PS4/Xbox?

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Turtlicious posted:

Full seamless co op from the beginning.

How does the co-op work for completion stuff? Like if I jump into my friends instance and we do Mission X, is it completed in my instance too?

Buller
Nov 6, 2010
Heres a fun bug from one of the streams.

https://clips.twitch.tv/AgileSingleHorsePeteZarollTie

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

Jose Oquendo posted:

How does the co-op work for completion stuff? Like if I jump into my friends instance and we do Mission X, is it completed in my instance too?

No, they've said it is only tied to the person's game who is jumped into. So if you binge 10 hours of missions and crap with your buddy, your game is where you left it at.

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

Tiny Chalupa posted:

Nope.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

Hm. Whelp I jumped the gun grabbing it from GMG

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Tiny Chalupa posted:

Cross platform multiplayer is insanely rare and you should never assume it's there.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lol at that gamespot video with the dweebs being all “this guy says obama libtards but he’s not a villain game is poo poo!”

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tiny Chalupa posted:

No, this is never a thing. You can probably sell your key to a goon to make back like 30 - 50% of your money.

Jose Oquendo posted:

Progress is tied to the hosts, rewards though, you can bring those back. If you played dying light the co op is exactly like that.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Tiny Chalupa posted:

I was going to wait a bit on buying this game but if you still have the key and want to sell it, PM me.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
I already pre-loaded as I had been drinking. Oh well.

Some buddies went PS4 and I am use to us all going PC, lesson learned about something or another I guess.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/alexmonney/status/977256186000023552

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Doggie tum tum rubs are a great canine companion revival solution compared to FO4's "inject dog with rusty needle of drugs" approach :3:

Songbearer fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Mar 25, 2018

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:coolspot:
Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
All dogs go to heaven.

Not Boomer, he stays with you, in HELL :unsmigghh:

plape tickler
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Is there a reason to choose uplay over steam?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

It's uplay no matter what. Buying it in steam adds it to uplay when you run it.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's trash trying to get the uncomputer types to figure out how to accept a friend request in uPlay.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Turtlicious posted:

It's trash trying to get the uncomputer types to figure out how to accept a friend request in uPlay.

Click the person-shaped icon in the top right and press "accept"?

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

I wonder who the gently caress is seriously stupid enough to fall for that "guys, guys, there are plenty of perfectly nice prepper cults out there. The truth is in the middle guys!"

Empress Brosephine posted:

Lol at that gamespot video with the dweebs being all “this guy says obama libtards but he’s not a villain game is poo poo!”
Oh.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
#NOTALLCULTISTS

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Empress Brosephine posted:

This sure is owning whoever you're talking about and does not at all make you look like a barely intelligible weirdo!

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
My copy arrived yesterday and I finally started playing. Opening scene is pretty cool, bit cliché but sets the scene nicely.
Game is beautiful too, and you can do whatever you want, whenever you want.
The way you discover new locations is also pretty cool and immersive. You basically read notes, signs or listen to messages to discover where certain things in the world are.
I've been just loving around at the moment, but my first impressions are pretty good!

EDIT: I also found a pepper magazine with coupons or something, and they allowed me to upgrade my skills. 'Redeem coupon to hold your breath longer' :v:

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

Sedisp posted:

This sure is owning whoever you're talking about and does not at all make you look like a barely intelligible weirdo!

:what:

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
why can't it be tomorrow already so i can vpn this from new zealand

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

I have to wait for Amazon to deliver my steelbook, and then however long for whatever day 1 patch there is on my lovely slow internet. I probably won't get to play til just before bed on Tuesday :(

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Aside from a difference in technology setting and story, how are Far Cry 5 and Fallout 4 significantly different?

They're both fps shooters with good graphics where you upgrade guns and skills over time to deal with some insidious threat in an open world setting with buddies and outposts.

I've never finished a Far Cry game. I played FC4 for like 20 minutes. But I've played a ton of Fallout games. What are the biggest differences between FC5/FO4?

pmchem fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Mar 25, 2018

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

Jesus the streams I’ve seen look pretty. Too bad sony’s 20% off code’s don’t work on pre orders or i’d have it already. Probably for the best though, there’s no way it looks that good on consoles.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

Sammus posted:

Jesus the streams I’ve seen look pretty. Too bad sony’s 20% off code’s don’t work on pre orders or i’d have it already. Probably for the best though, there’s no way it looks that good on consoles.

It should work day-of from what I gather. I'm sitting on a code to buy it for my wife's PS4 so we can play co-op. She doesn't care about the pre-order bonuses.

Whether or not it looks as good on a PS4 Pro, meh. I'm not going to worry about it. It'll let me play with my wife, and it's just easier for me to play things on PS4 these days with my back issues that make it difficult to sit at a computer to play for long periods. I sometimes hook the computer up to the home theatre via HDMI but meh. :eff

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Sammus posted:

As soon as the game goes live and is no longer in preorder status you can use the coupon.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

pmchem posted:

Aside from a difference in technology setting and story, how are Far Cry 5 and Fallout 4 significantly different?

They're both fps shooters with good graphics where you upgrade guns and skills over time to deal with some insidious threat in an open world setting with buddies and outposts.

I've never finished a Far Cry game. I played FC4 for like 20 minutes. But I've played a ton of Fallout games. What are the biggest differences between FC5/FO4?

I think the simplest way to describe it is that Far Cry games are heavily focused around immediate action with some very light RPG trappings and character progression, while Fallout games focus more heavily on character personalisation and a big open world to explore with lots of unique locations. Far Cry is much more fast paced and generally feel like traditional shooters with an open world of checklists to work through (Think along the line of Just Cause 2/3) whereas Fallout has very slow, deliberate exploration and a much greater emphasis on talking to NPCs and falling into the role of your character - combat tends to be more of an afterthought in FO3/4, even though it's better in the newer game.

Far Cry 5 is (To my knowledge) the first game in the series to have included a character creator to any degree and your protagonist is mute, but even then I really doubt there's much in the way of choice or decision in the game. It's just a rootin' tootin' funtime where you blast a prepper cult in the face.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Character creation in an FC game seems like a fuckin waste of time

Orv
May 4, 2011

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

I mean it's not going to be Saint's Row or anything, it takes about a minute. And honestly if a mute protagonist comes from that brief customization I am totally fine with it, because absolutely some of the worst parts of 3 and 4 were the dumbass you played as.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

Eh, it's a nice way to differentiate yourself to your co-op partner. Even Dying Light's fairly weak customisation was entertaining enough for me and my buddy to laugh at some of the more ridiculous outfits.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Create a character huh, hopefully that means we don't get a fart huffing story like 3
Can you create ladies or just dudes

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Both dudes and ladies are available

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Songbearer posted:

Both dudes and ladies are available

How long before people start legitimately complaining about binary gender decisions? Especially in an Ubisoft game.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Ultimate Mango posted:

How long before people start legitimately complaining about binary gender decisions? Especially in an Ubisoft game.

I'm not going to go looking to corroborate it, but I'm going to guess last week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

They removed all of the cool first aide/healing animations too which is a real bummer