Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

finished New Dawn, pretty good I liked it. almost completely washed the bad taste of 5 out of my mouth and somewhat redeemed its dogshit ending.

im in the loop zone still so I figured I’ll try Primal, never played that one and I do like chucking spears at people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Mandrel posted:

finished New Dawn, pretty good I liked it. almost completely washed the bad taste of 5 out of my mouth and somewhat redeemed its dogshit ending.

except for what they did to rook

BoosterDuck
Mar 2, 2019

Rinkles posted:

leak of season pass ad

https://streamable.com/01cke2

you get to play as the baddies of past FCs. Vaas, Pagan and Joseph.

wheres hurk

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Dead

BoosterDuck
Mar 2, 2019
ಥ_ಥ

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

Rinkles posted:

except for what they did to rook

yeah that’s still dogshit. but if I imagine new Dawn as just act 2 and 3 to FC5’s act 1 which i am, reframing my perspective on rook as a passive loving loser with no agency who’s ultimate fate was being a weird manslave kind of reconciles the infuriating narrative experience. the constant kidnapping and silently letting every single person they meet monologue, brainwash, and generally bully them throughout FC5. now he’s just a loser from act 1 whose incompetence set the stage for the real man to roll into town and sort this poo poo out. The fuckin Captain

of course my rook was a dude, it doesn’t really fix the rapey vibes if you played as a lady

also thinking back, is the Captain easily the best FC character (outside of Rex Powercolt, obviously). takes the least amount of poo poo, gets actual super powers, only tolerates a handful of stupid villain monologues, all of which he isn’t made to be a chump in; Squares off outnumbered and catches that grenade pin like a boss, snaps the cuffs and beats the poo poo out of them mid-captured monologue, walks back in and executes their entire organization leadership after eating dinner with them, finally in my case blows seed away with 0 hesitation when given the chance.

And most importantly actually, definitively, wins. crushes all his foes, makes things unquestionably better, and is beloved by the people for whom he’s built a small city

all hail the Security Captain, a king

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

doing the splinter cell expedition, now I kind of want a post apocalyptic Sam Fisher game

come to think of it, I guess these notes have to be like 17 years old. how loving old is Sam even now good lord

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Mandrel posted:

doing the splinter cell expedition, now I kind of want a post apocalyptic Sam Fisher game

come to think of it, I guess these notes have to be like 17 years old. how loving old is Sam even now good lord

I looked it up and all the bios have him born in 1957, so pretty up there.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
I've still never played New Dawn, I think I was burnt out after playing 5. But now I'm replaying 5 I'm surprised at how much fun I'm having with it.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

J-Spot posted:

I was going to tell myself I wouldn't be fooled into buying another Far Cry season pass but then I remembered I preordered the steelbook edition a year ago when Amazon accidentally priced it the same as the standard edition.

same.

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

I've still never played New Dawn, I think I was burnt out after playing 5. But now I'm replaying 5 I'm surprised at how much fun I'm having with it.

new dawn is fun. the villians arnt amazing but they are tragic in a fun way i guess and you get to gently caress up hot topic rmad max raiders.

Mandrel posted:

yeah that’s still dogshit. but if I imagine new Dawn as just act 2 and 3 to FC5’s act 1 which i am, reframing my perspective on rook as a passive loving loser with no agency who’s ultimate fate was being a weird manslave kind of reconciles the infuriating narrative experience. the constant kidnapping and silently letting every single person they meet monologue, brainwash, and generally bully them throughout FC5. now he’s just a loser from act 1 whose incompetence set the stage for the real man to roll into town and sort this poo poo out. The fuckin Captain

of course my rook was a dude, it doesn’t really fix the rapey vibes if you played as a lady

also thinking back, is the Captain easily the best FC character (outside of Rex Powercolt, obviously). takes the least amount of poo poo, gets actual super powers, only tolerates a handful of stupid villain monologues, all of which he isn’t made to be a chump in; Squares off outnumbered and catches that grenade pin like a boss, snaps the cuffs and beats the poo poo out of them mid-captured monologue, walks back in and executes their entire organization leadership after eating dinner with them, finally in my case blows seed away with 0 hesitation when given the chance.

And most importantly actually, definitively, wins. crushes all his foes, makes things unquestionably better, and is beloved by the people for whom he’s built a small city

all hail the Security Captain, a king

yeah same. 5 much like 3 is just up its own rear end to hard.

also if you didnt do this to seed. your an idiot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3uqv0eP7Tg

Teddy fuckin' Williams knocks it out of the park! Fenway Park on its feet for Teddy fuckin' Ballgame! He went yardo on that one, out to fuckin' Lansdowne Street!

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

BoosterDuck posted:

wheres hurk

he isnt in it. they thought he wouldnt fit which i can get. i am ok with hurk but he gets old.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

i like hurk. he should just be played by Danny mcbride but i’ll take him

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I looked it up and all the bios have him born in 1957, so pretty up there.
The best use of super old sam so far is when he shows up in the rainbow six siege anime trailer to get injected with nanomachines son just to kick the rear end of some rookies and show them how it's done

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

I finished ND the other day and liked it a lot. The only thing that irked me was how often the companions talked. Like, I love you Hurk but you need to shut the gently caress up about your beautiful arms.

Dog and pig supremacy.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Dapper_Swindler posted:

same.

new dawn is fun. the villians arnt amazing but they are tragic in a fun way i guess and you get to gently caress up hot topic rmad max raiders.

yeah same. 5 much like 3 is just up its own rear end to hard.

also if you didnt do this to seed. your an idiot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3uqv0eP7Tg

Teddy fuckin' Williams knocks it out of the park! Fenway Park on its feet for Teddy fuckin' Ballgame! He went yardo on that one, out to fuckin' Lansdowne Street!

Just to clarify, the Bear Jew referenced in this scene is a metaphor for Cheeseburger right?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

KirbyKhan posted:

Just to clarify, the Bear Jew referenced in this scene is a metaphor for Cheeseburger right?

nah. i took a bat to the dudes skull as he yelled for death.

Clavavisage
Nov 12, 2011
it may haven taken me 3 years to get here but I have to agree with the posters here that new dawn washes away a lot of the stink left behind from FC5. Although it didn't change my mind on pre-ordering a FC game ever again.
Also,

Inzombiac posted:

Dog and pig supremacy.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
https://youtu.be/v0sdR-UdYzg

They did some crazy catchy stuff with the music for FC5.

I say, keeping my new rifle by my side.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

yeah if there’s one thing FC5 objectively crushes every other entry on it’s the soundtrack

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service

Mandrel posted:

yeah if there’s one thing FC5 objectively crushes every other entry on it’s the soundtrack

:colbert:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3iNxpIhjLws

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Wanna bun Dem playing as I lit weed on fire was definitely cool as gently caress at the time

Killed myself near the end to do it again