Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

For if he like a madman lived,
At least he like a wise one died.

I just want to sneak around the midwest knifing people from behind cows and corn. There's a knife in this one, right?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

Wait wait wait

Do we get a dog?? Like, the dog follows me around and is my friend while I wander the wasteland midwest?

I can deal with the lack of stabbing if I have a doggo

e: Okay that video was cute but how tf are we supposed to parse "Care your dog"??

black.lion fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Mar 20, 2018

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

cubicle gangster posted:

the ad was made for asian markets. the message is basically 'please dont forget to give your real dog attention when playing video games'

I mean okay I will I GUESS

But to ask my question more directly:

I get videogame dog? Yes?

I've deliberately been avoiding info about this game - do I get a dog or not? Do I get a bear?! Can I ride the bear?? CAN MY DOG RIDE THE BEAR?!?!

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

That's okay that first "yes" has me feelin better abt my preorder - for some reason I really really like having a dog friend in open world games, makes them feel less lonely without having to hinge on someone writing non-bad dialogue for a talking companion

Unless the dog talks in which case he can say whatever the gently caress he wants

Far Cry 5 - No knife, yes dog

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

No knives.

No graphic healing animations.

No towers to climb.

I'm sure this was all in the game before Trump started his campaign, the alt-right have really hosed this up for us.

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

So..... this is unlocked in Steam rn? Do I have to tunnel my way to Vietnam or somesuch, or is it just straight up unlocked early??

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

386-SX 25Mhz VGA posted:

Has anybody had luck unlocking via VPN on Steam?

Dis my question, can I afford to start getting excited about loading up when I get home or....??

I wanna kill nazi cops of color too!!!!

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

Morter posted:

No you fool...

You ARE the cops!! :siren:

Ye but I'm a coomunist cop (the good kind) so I'm here to kill the evil cops

Real talk tho can we VPN through with a Steam preorder?? I dont' care which cops kill which honestly

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

Okay but how do we VPN through Steam tho

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

ethanol posted:

Are you a gun owner

No but I'll grab one on the way home if it'll help me VPN thru Steam

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

They're made of unused knives held together by forgotten healing animations

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

Steam is apparently immune to VPNs, sad news i was really looking forward to my new dog

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

Is this game CPU-heavy? Realizing my CPU is five years old, trying to think of how i should adjust settings to get the most out of my knifeless romp through middle America

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

Ambihelical Hexnut posted:

I love how effective my hired help has been at stealth killing outer guards as I approach a compound, really makes them valuable.

I have an i7-3770 system which I built in 2012, but running a 1060 6gb. At 2160x1080 with everything on high the performance test showed a low of 55 and a high of 65 fps, in game it works smoothly and beautifully. Only thing I've noticed is some small object pop in while flying.

Noice I'm hoping my i5 can hang, I have a 970 3gb so i'm crossing fingerses

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

Someone upthread said that if you pick up a weapon you don't have, but you aren't high enough level or rank or whatever to buy it at the store, it doesnt' unlock for you. But if you pick up a weapon and you are high enough, it unlocks that weapon for you.

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

Got to play for a few hours last night.

Best thing: the second bullet I fired in the entire game got me 2 headshots with a single shot. I know people were complaining about ballistics, but if I can fire a bullet through two heads the ballistics are working fine.

Worst thing: Umm my dog won't get in the back of my pickup truck?? Also I'm seriously missing the knife :(

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

Tumble posted:

They're projectile but they move realistically fast so they're pretty much hitscan until you're a few hundred meters away. No bullet penetration that I've seen so far, which is really starting to take me out of games a bit now. Let me shoot through thin walls for fucks sake! They spend so much time and effort making games look more real that they may as well make the guns behave somewhat more real as well.

I had a bullet penetrate a man's head and strike another man's head, so it exists!

e: How do I get Boomer in my loving pickup truck this is the least American game ever

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

Ugly In The Morning posted:

The fact you can see tagged enemies through walls makes the lack of penetration annoying. CoD4 had it in 2007, I don’t think it’s that hard to model.

I mean the "difficulty" in this game (i'm playing on normal leave me alone i play games to relax not to excel) would be trivialized to an even greater degree if I could just sit in a bush and fire rounds through four walls a rock and a bear to knock out headshots on highlighted enemies. At least this way there's some motivation to consider your positioning and movement.

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

Tumble posted:

Also you can in fact lean in this, aim down sights near the edge of cover and you peak out a tiny bit.

What? Nobody means to let your gun shoot through rocks, just places it makes sense like wooden planks and thin metal walls and stuff

My point stands, I'll make it seriously: Given that companions can pick out headshots at distance, that you can easily and conveniently tag enemies with wallhack highlights, and that killing enemies yourself without highlights isn't that difficult anyway... I feel that being able to shoot easily through wooden barriers (or whatever else would be penetrated by actual bullets) would further trivialize combat which, as it stands, I find fun but easy.

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

Zamboni Apocalypse posted:

(All my other poo poo is available from Gold, it's just the Doomsday Prepper orange snek skin junk that's still missing.)

How do you access all this stuff? I bought Gold on Steam but when I went into the garage spot I didn't see any vehicles available other than a 4-wheeler I think I unlocked bc I rode it there.

Mostly I want to know where all my outfits are so I can play dressup

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

I keep hitting my dog with my truck

Get in the drat truck then if you don't want to die!!!

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

Jack Trades posted:

The game is quite well optimized on the GPU front but it has insane CPU usage.
I get frame drops down to 40 fps on an i5-4670K and GTX 1060 on the lowest possible graphics settings even (it's a sure sight of CPU bottlenecking.)

My CPU is old and bad and I am running on high settings with a steady 55-65 fps? 970 GTX and an i5 from 2013...

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

Jack Trades posted:

I highly doubt that.

Try driving fast along any main road and you'll see fps stutter into 40s.

Mk well I usually notice screen stutters and I haven't noticed any here, but you're right I don't spend my gaming time staring in the corner of the monitor daring the number to drop below 40 so I guess it could happen.

It just happens really smoothly and seamlessly without stuttering that I can perceive in the normal course of the game?

e: Also we've had no discussion about what resolution we're playing at, so maybe that has some impact idk i'm not a computer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

call to action posted:

So my video card is literally the recommended one from the OP and it's too slow, huh? Based on what I've seen I can just throw a new processor or possibly processor+mobo combo in there and use my old DDR3 RAM and video card.

And I was worried my i5 from 2015 would have trouble