Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«6 »
Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

"TELL ME HOW TO GET PIG SEMEN OUT OF SUEDE" Club soda, fucktard.

Also a large chunk of the MCRN defects and fucks off through the ring gates. So between UNN not wanting to leave the Earth-Luna sphere and Mars losing most of its Navy and people to the Rings: welp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kerwyn
Aug 21, 2007

The UNN also lost a ton of ships in the Battle of Io IIRC

drewhead
Jun 22, 2002

kerwyn posted:

The UNN also lost a ton of ships in the Battle of Io IIRC

And Ganymede before that. There's a comment in there somewhere where they talk about what percentage of the fleet has been destroyed, and it's big.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

The ring looks pretty neat!

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!

Haven't seen the episode yet. The ring station is up? Hope they show the first run into the slow zone. With that I mean the inside view.

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

The mind of man may be a curse, but what would I be without it?

Next episode is titled "delta-v" so it's likely. The teaser showed Belter related stuff though, including a new character - maybe the TV version of Bull?

I'm pretty sure Diogo is gonna go splat this next episode.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

ATP_Power posted:

Next episode is titled "delta-v" so it's likely. The teaser showed Belter related stuff though, including a new character - maybe the TV version of Bull?

I'm pretty sure Diogo is gonna go splat this next episode.

His rear end get crushed to dust!

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

New guy and Diogo's kinda silly looking new ink.

I do like the new "legitmate" OPA logo on the vac suits.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

YOSPOS

Diogo seems exactly like the sort of person to go for face tats.

I liked the changes the show made to the AG. Makes the whole thing seem less like Holden personally saving the solar system and it gave Cotyar a good sendoff.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

The pacing of the episode felt so much faster than the earlier part of the season, or the book for that matter.

I suppose that’s how we get to “Dandelion Sky” in four episodes.

Platystemon fucked around with this message at May 17, 2018 around 12:25

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Platystemon posted:

The pacing of the episode felt so much faster than the rest of the earlier part of the season, or the book for that matter.

I suppose that’s how we get to “Dandelion Sky” in four episodes.

I wonder if they had an inkling.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

Oh wow, if we're getting all the way to Holden tripping out on the planet and all the gates open then they're really gonna be burning rubber like the show never has before, considering it was around 14-15 episodes or so to get through book 1 and about the same for book 2. I suppose 3's much easier to condense down than the others since it's mostly taking place in the same area. I'm also curious how they're going to handle the time jump, I'm fine with just a simple "X year(s) later" text but I think they won't even put up anything and just keep stuff flowin. Maybe episode 10 of the season is just them getting into the gate, but then again with how perfect it is for a finale I don't know why on earth you wouldn't end the season there by any means necessary.

If they have to end it before adapting all the material then that moment and the end of book 3 is absolutely the place to do it, but I'd so much rather see the story continue. If they do get to that then at least I'll be slightly consoled by them landing in a real fun place for the finale.

NowonSA fucked around with this message at May 17, 2018 around 12:42

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

I dislike that the pasteurisation of the Protomolecule was reframed from “Fred Johnson takes the initiative and reminds everyone he is cool & good” to “Nagata redeems herself”.

zeal
Sep 11, 2008

Z E A L!

Is it ever made clear in the books just how devastated Earth's biosphere is before the rocks fall? Were there still anything resembling wildlife preserves, for instance, or had the fauna mostly died off by then

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef

zeal posted:

Is it ever made clear in the books just how devastated Earth's biosphere is before the rocks fall? Were there still anything resembling wildlife preserves, for instance, or had the fauna mostly died off by then

I don't remember a ton of detail on that point. I seem to recall the Holden family's big game-the-system farm, at 22 acres, being compared to the size of a national park. Kind of weird, considering those infographics (in the other thread, I think) showing how (relatively) little land you'd need to cram people into megacities of varying densities, but there it is.

Edit: typo

Toast Museum fucked around with this message at May 21, 2018 around 14:24

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Pillbug

The Holden multi-family agreement is a strange but also funny features of the books.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Doctor Rope

I know people who are basically living that arrangement already, minus the actual genetic cocktail offspring, and I could see myself doing it too. The whole series pivots on how families are made and chosen so it seems in keeping with the theme to me.

PriorMarcus
Oct 16, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

From the non-spoiler thread;

Rah! posted:

yeah that thing was crazy. maybe a weapon or a gate to somewhere far away

What a loving prick.

Milky Moor
Aug 27, 2006

loving goons

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

Probably "speculation" but to be fair the opening credits have a shot of the behemoth with the location listed as the ring gates.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

Toast Museum posted:

I don't remember a ton of detail on that point. I seem to recall the Holden family's big game-the-system farm, at 22 acres, being compared to the size of a national park. Kind of weird, considering those infographics (in the other thread, I think) showing how (relatively) little land you'd need to cram people into megacities of varying densities, but there it is.

Franck and Abraham have the same understanding of geography as G. R. R. M..

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

PriorMarcus posted:

What a loving prick.

He's claiming it was just an extremely accurate guess, so

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Polaron posted:

He's claiming it was just an extremely accurate guess, so

Convincingness level: zero

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

Convincingness level: presidential

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!

The episode teaser doesn't exactly help, with what the tentacles forming a ring.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Fully functional and programmed in multiple techniques.

PriorMarcus posted:

What a loving prick.

Nothing in their post history suggests that they've read any of the books so maybe chill the gently caress out? Getting a mod to edit their post ended up actually spoiling things for a few people.

For real, why are you people so loving neurotic about spoilers? This is beyond ridiculous.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

There all is aching

loving show spoiling the show by showing the show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

zeal posted:

I think most people live in urban sprawls with most of the rest of the land being held by the wealthy or the government. When Amos is traipsing about the apocalypse, he mostly encounters the security forces of the super elite that have fled the planet.

«6 »