Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Svaha posted:

For those who want to do the same:

Every little bit helps
Where's waldo the spoiler:

Obvious Cut and paste job, but lol that this was posted on social media.

It might just be the artifacting but a lot of people in that seem like copy/pastes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

loving goons

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Kinda feel 'Melba' was miscast. Wasn't she supposed to be identical to Julie, or am I misremembering?

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Toast Museum posted:

Not literally twins or anything, just similar enough that she gets mistaken for Julie by A) someone looking at an untextured 3D model of her face and B) someone who hasn't seen them since they were kids.

Ah, okay.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Grand Fromage posted:

I do not at all care for the changes to the ring station. Way less cool but I'm guessing they were running out of cash.

AG gate was the first Expanse book I read so I don't remember much of it. What'd they change?

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

The last five seconds of the episode or so includes the drat thing that's eating the ships! :captainpop:

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

I have the feeling people will think Holden is possessed by the aliens or something.

I've seen that theory and I've seen the theory that it was Miller hitching a ride. :v:

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Elias_Maluco posted:

So, am I right to assume that for the next season(s) the big threat will be the guys who killed the guys who build the PM?

edit: while the humans try to understand and learn the PM tech and The Station to use against them

No. It's there, in the background, and while it's coming more to the fore, it still gives off a bit of a vibe that it can't be fought conventionally. But we really don't know enough information to know for sure.

Elias_Maluco posted:

Do spoil me some more, please: do these guys ever show up then? By the way, is the book series finished or is still ongoing?

Ongoing. Book eight this year in December. Book nine, the final one, next year. The PM destroyers have a chapter in Book 5 (basically what Holden saw, only it reached the character), I think again in Book 6, and something really weird happens in Book 7 that freaks everyone out. There's a real cosmic horror vibe to the PM killers and I love it. But, AFAIK, the whatever-it-is doesn't even have a page on the Expanse wiki.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Phenotype posted:

They're talking about it a little in the nonspoiler thread, but I can't join in: What the hell do we think happened to Holden in the last few seconds of the finale? Between the visuals and the voice over, I would be certain he just got infected by the thing that killed the PM creators if I hadn't read all the books. It looked like something slithered into him as his head went through the gate, and they lingered on his eyes looking funny for a second. Is it just a red herring, or could they be changing up the plot for the next few seasons?

It's obviously the PM killer species (or their weapon -- either way, in the books, it is described as 'rushing toward' its victims before Weird Things Happen). But it didn't get Holden, it just came very close.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

bloom posted:

What would Miller fusing with Holden even mean? Holden has been seeing him for a while now.

Sure you can't figure out the PM killer cliffhanger without book knowledge but that doesn't make any sense as a theory.

There's also the extremely ominous musical sting and Holden's expression which should clue people in that it's not Miller.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

But who doesn't have a boner for stupid sexy Holden, let's be honest.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Is it any coincidence that the universe annihilated the one man who eyerolled at Holden's visage?

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

I'm putting $200 on Phi230 saying that Inaros did nothing wrong when the time comes.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Toast Museum posted:

They already post about Marco in this thread. Apparently Marco's whole story is the authors' liberal plot to undermine leftists.

Oh.

Make it $2000, then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

I'd be fine with EJO, tbqh.

Get Diego Luna.

• Locked thread