Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
they're filming seasons 3 and 4 back to back if I remember correctly, so we got at least one more to go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
sweet, Investigator is in.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

bloom posted:

I don't usually care much for tviv liveposting but I am looking forward to seeing the unspoiled thread's reactions to that. It's such a drastic change to the rules the world plays by.

I have to imagine there will be some small backlash from people mad about the show going from relatively grounded space flight and politics stuff to alien weirdness.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Toast Museum posted:

There probably will be, yet I think the alien stuff plays a more central role early on than it does for most of the rest of the story so far, in a way. Compared to the Protomolecule outbreak and arms race, the Slow Zone and the dangers on alien worlds are more like window dressing for humans doing the same terrible poo poo they've always done to each other.

yeah, that's true, and IIRC Holden basically has a monologue saying as much. people are people, even if they are colonizing space using reality bending alien tech.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
I'm a good boy but I kinda want to post a botched spoiler about Immortal Space Hitler in the other thread just to see the reaction.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

There's also a novella all about Amos, The Churn, that's probably worth your while.

it's his origin story, so if you want to know why he's all hosed up you should read it.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/JamesSACorey/status/995394893341052929

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

quote:

a young Belter makes a name for himself.

Diogo, nooooooooooo! :eek:

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

Good grief I want to see Wes Chatham's Amos do the post-apocalyptic Earth romp so badly... :smith:

yeah. this out of everything is what I'm going to mourn the most if it doesn't come back.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
first pic of Admiral Duarte from the next season leaked.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Grand Fromage posted:

The ending was strange, either they froze on the solar system side of the ring or ring space has stars in it on the show. I hope they didn't do that and get rid of the creepiness.

my read was that the ship started to slow down as soon as it touched the ring. hopefully beyond the ring will be the creepy starless void we're expecting.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
I hope they find the budget for Miller-crab at least if that moment ever comes up.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
people would riot if they recast the characters.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
based on the title, the next book is where Whatever-It-Is begins to show itself more fully.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
Gus could make a good Immortal Space Hitler.

• Locked thread