Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Syzygy Stardust
Mar 1, 2017

by R. Guyovich
Congregation will be everyone getting on the big ship, Abaddon’s Gate will be finding out they want to blow up the gate. Resolution next season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syzygy Stardust
Mar 1, 2017

by R. Guyovich
I do recall that book Mars has a few civilian ships mentioned in passing that have libertarian/objectivist names, definitely a couple of Ayn Rand type references in there. Whether that was any sort of hint dropping I don't know.

Syzygy Stardust
Mar 1, 2017

by R. Guyovich

bloom posted:

iirc the slow zone was already in effect but it got even slower when the martians tried to murk Holden on the hub station.

Right except the grenade was launched at a protodrone, not Holden.

Syzygy Stardust
Mar 1, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

Anywho Holden specifically says they've been out of ammo since Io when Alex asks for a PDC on the show.

You’ve already been slapped around on the other points, but they don’t have PDCs at that point because of the virus shutting them down, not lack of ammo. Alex yells at Amos to get one working.

Syzygy Stardust
Mar 1, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Crazycryodude posted:

Yeah the 30 year timeskip is sorta required to get humanity into the state necessary for the story of the last 3 books. I'm guessing that the next book or two are gonna involve setting up a resistance network across the few hundred human colonies with tens if not hundreds of millions of people, which you kinda need 30 years to develop, and seems like an integral part of the setting.

Nah, the next book or two are going to be more about the protomolecule killers coming after Laconia. They will be greeted as liberators.

• Locked thread