Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I wanna see more Mars in general

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Phi230 posted:

I think it's pretty lol that ppl are so laser focussed on the war and politics because none of this poo poo is gonna matter when Ghosts and Aliens show up

Desire, know more, intensifies, etc.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Hell yeah. I love getting spoiled. I guess put it in tags. Ive already got a general idea of what happens so it's even more frustrating

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Professor Shark posted:

I've been making GBS threads on this show since half way through the first season, but I have to admit that this season looks gorgeous.

Plot and writing are still essentially the same.

Yeah it's pretty great

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I mean there's a big academic debate to be had about the genesis of national identity and its aftereffects. Maybe academics in 2700 in the expanse universe will look back in time and argue about the birth of corporate identity.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Does the Behemoth ever just loving ruin someone's day? I thought at first when he sent drummer to retrieve it it was gonna be used as just another habitat on the belt but it can't hold that many people so retrofitting it as a space battleship seems to make more sense anyway. Besides, I guess it could pull double duty as an extremely well armed colony anyway.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

So making it a super well armed port deep in the belt would probably have been a better idea anyway lol. Suck on that, cutty.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Chard posted:

Has there ever been a TV series based on a non-complete book series that didn't eventually spiral into its own rear end? I can't think of one, hoped this might be an exception.

You're in luck about it not spiraling because it's not even going to be airborne much longer

Fister Roboto posted:

I'm laughing and also crying at the people in the non-spoiler thread who think this season isn't going to end on a cliffhanger that will never be resolved.

What's bad for the show is good for the spoilers thread ironically enough

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Phenotype posted:

I am not going to hear any talk about cancellation. It will absolutely be picked up by Netflix or Amazon. It will.

My man do you know what year it is

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Platystemon posted:

The pacing of the episode felt so much faster than the rest of the earlier part of the season, or the book for that matter.

I suppose that’s how we get to “Dandelion Sky” in four episodes.

I wonder if they had an inkling.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

It's kinda refreshing that they don't exist and I don't know if there's an in-universe reason for it but I am surprised there's no chemical lasers. I think they got cancelled down here because while they had their benefits that didn't offset their downsides or perform better than other point defense systems but it's some indeterminate centuries into the future and they could easily handwave yet another scientific breakthrough.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

bloom posted:

Actually if we're doing speculation about other universes, that could be where the thing that killed the protomolecule creators came from. Maybe they started messing with interdimensional travel and caught the attention of some kind of entropic force or species.

I'm sure people who enjoy the show did so mostly because of how grounded it is (and I sympathize) but stuff like this is just more intriguing to me.

Crazycryodude posted:

Yeah iirc trying to "leave" the bubble formed by the rings just makes things disappear into who the gently caress knows. Anything that touches the boundary is never seen or heard from again, some junk/intentionally fired probes and railgun slugs have definitely poofed out of existence and I think some idiots may have tried to fly out there once or twice but I'm less sure on that.

Like this. That's supremely creepy.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I named my first car but haven't cared enough to name any after that.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

zeal posted:

Did the books go to such lengths to make a point of just how nice it is aboard the Thomas Prince?

Looking up Thomas Prince I found out her name isn't actually anna but Annushka.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Spite posted:

Isn't that just "Little Anna" in Russian?

Sure but that's not what I found surprising.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

He gonna show up in final episode in eskimo parka floating in space

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Ashford will start a fuss and James Holden will escape yet again to cause more havoc. He can't keep getting away with it.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Combat Pretzel posted:

Oh hey, he was one part of that annoying Brazilian couple that everyone hated on Lost.

The episode everybody skipped!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Travel halfway across the universe to live in a shipping can

• Locked thread