Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
Someone remind me what happens with all those rocket hybrids? I must have skimmed over these parts years ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Haven't seen the episode yet. The ring station is up? Hope they show the first run into the slow zone. With that I mean the inside view.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

The episode teaser doesn't exactly help, with what the tentacles forming a ring.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

I didn't even notice that. I'm not sure what to make of it, since the same credits will be rolling in the episode itself anyway, before that person shows up. On the other hand, I guess if you're not getting it rubbed in the face beforehand, you might not notice it showing on screen and still be surprised.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Speaking of Marco, IIRC Naomi didn't even flinch when Dawes namedropped him in season 2 (well, his OPA clan).

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Forgot the name of the head priest in the book, but the actor is a rather prominent that-guy, so I guess they'll be following up on these plot threads.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Sammus posted:

It's definitely meant to be disorienting on purpose.
What's disorienting? The slight curvature of the ring on the last scene is pretty indicative. Not to mention the fringing of the stars along the ring.

Then again, reading the Expanse and Westworld threads makes me lose hope in humanity.

Combat Pretzel fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Jun 3, 2018

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

AlternateAccount posted:

Had the same reaction, it's probably really difficult to demonstrate size, but the only time they really seemed to want to demonstrate it was that long flyby shot coming from outside the ring to the tiny looking Behemoth.
Hard to show those things in 2D. Like Bagger 288, and a bunch of siblings, are digging up brown coal like 50km from where I live. When you see pictures of the huge hole they've dug, you're like "meh". When you're seeing it IRL, you're like "whoa".

Dr. Gargunza posted:

Well, the appearance of the other ring gates is where the phrase "dandelion sky" comes from, and that's the title of the last ep in the season, so...probably?
According to imdb, that's the title of episode 10. There's 13 apparently.

Combat Pretzel fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Jun 7, 2018

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Remind me... The station was blowing up star systems to protect it from an outside threat, right?

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Hopefully they're not going to do most of season 4 on the ground (Ilus, Earth, Mars), because I'd expect this to make it lose its appeal. Because then it'll start treading on Stargate levels.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Murtry was just plain ridiculous.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Oh hey, he was one part of that annoying Brazilian couple that everyone hated on Lost.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

PriorMarcus posted:

Also the head VFX guy is leaving so that's hopeful.
Huh? Why is that hopeful?

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

That was a conscious decision, because they felt there was already way more than enough zombie stuff on TV as is.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Johnny Truant posted:

Just started Persepolis Rising and the prologue just starts with crazy PM tech, yesssssss give it all to me :getin:
Guess I need to continue to read. Last book I've read was the one where they drop the asteroids. Not enough protomolecule to keep me reading so far.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

That actress playing Clarissa is also in the Magnum reboot. It probably means nothing. They probably wrapped the season by the time they'd be required on the Expanse set.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

That's way more cramped than I imagined when reading the book. I just hope they don't spend too much time there. There isn't enough PM magic happening over latter books, and I fear it'll lose some viewers, if it goes through with that. The latest book seems to go wild in that regard, but I'm not there yet (I suppose that includes those black bullets).

• Locked thread