Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/fieldyates/status/973157107477381120?s=21

I really wish I had today off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
I'm excited for the Jets to disappoint me in the coming days

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/973179454561378304
I want him to go to the Broncos, I think the Jets are still in the equation, but I really think he'll be with the Vikings when it's all said and done.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
to the tune of tom pettys free fallin

"Cuz Im freeeeee

freeeeee agent"

*dies of heroin*

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

GobiasIndustries posted:

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/973179454561378304
I want him to go to the Broncos, I think the Jets are still in the equation, but I really think he'll be with the Vikings when it's all said and done.

i’m so torn on thought of getting up for kirk cousins.

i mainly just don’t want to miss out on improving the offensive line cause so much money is spent on a fringe top 10 QB.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/NickSpano/status/973183621317169154

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
its gonna be real funny when Kirk Cousins isn't that good

If I was Kirk I would absolutely take the Vikings over the Jets, no matter how much the Jets offer

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

the jets are gonna give him 3 years/95 million fully guaranteed, embrace the chaos pal

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
on the best stat available for ranking QBs, Kirk Cousins is #7 among active players over their career, behind Rodgers, Wilson, Brady, Ben, Rivers and Brees

#8 is schaub. i have no idea if cousins is good or not but you'd think he'd look great throwing to thielen , diggs and dalvin cook

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Mel Mudkiper posted:

its gonna be real funny when Kirk Cousins isn't that good

If I was Kirk I would absolutely take the Vikings over the Jets, no matter how much the Jets offer

The Jets are nowhere near as bad a situation as people think. He would be able to succeed here.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I hope the Bucs do literally anything

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Actually no one can succeed for that dumpster fire organization.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/armandosalguero/status/973193521816571904?s=21

Seems like these are our main targets

Dion Lewis
Trey Burton
Travis Swanson
Anthony Hitchens

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

TheBizzness posted:

Actually no one can succeed for that dumpster fire organization.

Chillax. They won 10 games two years ago and went to back to back AFC title games not that far back.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

mcmagic posted:

The Jets are nowhere near as bad a situation as people think. He would be able to succeed here.

Yeah but look at what the Vikings did with Bradford and Keenum

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

mcmagic posted:

Chillax. They won 10 games two years ago and went to back to back AFC title games not that far back.

Eight years ago is pretty far back

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I can't imagine Seattle signing anyone major except small role dudes that'd be part of a rotation.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Yeah but look at what the Vikings did with Bradford and Keenum

I never once said, the Jets are closer to winning than the Vikings. They aren't. They just aren't the loving Browns either.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
That FA list lol woof

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Did anything really come out last year before on the first day of the tampering period? I thought most of the big names dropped like right before the start of the league year

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

mcmagic posted:

They won 10 games two years ago and went to back to back AFC title games not that far back.

Hang this on a banner in Metlife.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

mcmagic posted:

I never once said, the Jets are closer to winning than the Vikings. They aren't. They just aren't the loving Browns either.

Cleveland hasn’t put together that All Pro squad you keep claiming the Jets have but they’re not exactly making bad moves

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

can't wait to see the chiefs get no one :D

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009
It’s smart to remember that in the AFC East the players don’t matter. I remember someone saying that before

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

mcmagic posted:

Well yeah, but what I said was that he should absolutely take the Vikings over the Jets regardless of money exactly because the Vikings are a much better spot for a QB than the jets. You're the one who got all insecure about it.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

bigmcgaffney posted:

It’s smart to remember that in the AFC East the players don’t matter. I remember someone saying that before

The players on the patriots don’t matter. Outside of Brady and the officials, their two rocks

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

mcmagic posted:

If the Browns didn't retain Hue (and trade for Taylor) they'd be a more appealing destination than the Jets. Good offensive line, Gordon/Landry/Coleman, some defensive pieces, and two top 5 picks.

The Jets are very far away.

Nov 6, 2002

bigmcgaffney posted:

All players in the AFC East are bad, unless they are on the Jets, in which case they are underrated.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

The Bills are reportedly interested in Sam Bradford and Case Keenum.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Corey Coleman is allegedly on the trade block, which I do not like. He has had two freak hand injuries that stunted his development, not to mention playing with garbo QBs. The backups behind Landry and Gordon suck so I don't think getting rid of Coleman would be wise.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

fsif posted:

If the Browns didn't retain Hue (and trade for Taylor) they'd be a more appealing destination than the Jets. Good offensive line, Gordon/Landry/Coleman, some defensive pieces, and two top 5 picks.

No one is very far away in the NFL. (Other than the Browns) Teams go from mediocre and bad to playoff contenders every single season and the AFC sucks.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

fsif posted:

"Josh Gordon is a great piece that would lure a FA QB!" is a hell of an assumption

Edit:

1) I agree the Vikings are the most appealing team for Cousins for a variety of reasons

2) The idea that the Jets (or any team) are "very far away" is sort of silly

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

mcmagic posted:

No one is very far away in the NFL. (Other than the Browns) Teams go from mediocre and bad to playoff contenders every single season and the AFC sucks.

That's true and it could happen to the Jets, but their odds are much lower than the Broncos, Vikings, or the Cardinals because they already have the talent and don't have to rely as much on dumb luck with big draft hits and surprise FA contributions.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Professor Funk posted:

"Josh Gordon is a great piece that would lure a FA QB!" is a hell of an assumption

Far from what I said, but yes, I would say that on paper, the Browns receiving corps is more appealing to a free agent quarterback than the Jets receiving corps.

Nov 6, 2002

I don't care if they traded for OBJ and Bell, if I were a FA QB I'd avoid the Browns like the plague, especially with Hue still in the building.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

fsif posted:

That's true and it could happen to the Jets, but their odds are much lower than the Broncos, Vikings, or the Cardinals because they already have the talent and don't have to rely as much on dumb luck with big draft hits and surprise FA contributions.

Lumping the Broncos and Cardinals who have old, bad rosters and are probably as far away from being good as any teams in the NFL who aren't the Browns, in with the Vikings is pretty dumb.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
I feel like the Dolphins are very far away and the only player I want on their FA wish list is Trey Burton.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Seriously, find a way to make this work Detroit
https://twitter.com/JeffDarlington/status/973204082713382912

Nov 6, 2002

mcmagic posted:

Lumping the Broncos and Cardinals who have old, bad rosters and are probably as far away from being good as any teams in the NFL who aren't the Browns, in with the Vikings is pretty dumb.

Two years ago the Jets barely missed the playoffs!

Two years ago the Broncos won the Super Bowl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

I think it would hilarious if the Rams paired up Donald with Suh

• Locked thread