Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Nobody cares about your bracket or office pool -- except in this thread. It's a safe space. Come talk about your Final Four picks, preferred upsets, and stone cold locks, and then lament when it all goes to poo poo in the first round.

GOON BRACKET POOL

https://tournament.fantasysports.yahoo.com/t1/group/61197/invitation?key=ab6d6a39831c65fb&soc_trk=lnk

Password: fuckduke

Have fun and gently caress Duke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Poque posted:

I have neither Kansas nor Duke making the elite eight, because I live in a fantasy world where nothing and nobody can hurt me.

Still looking for confirmation that there's no money in the goon bracket, I can't do sports betting.

Goon bracket is free

I have Arizona/North Carolina/Villanova/Michigan State, with Villanova taking it all.

In the real world Duke will win because God is a cruel joke.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Last call for signups, brackets get locked in the morning

E: I had the Bonnies/UCLA winner beating Florida, which surely won't backfire

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Halfway through Day 1 and only six brackets are still perfect

I'll be off the list if Davidson doesn't get their poo poo together

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
gently caress off Arizona why do I keep falling for this poo poo every year

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I had them going out in the Sweet 16 anyway so this doesn't hurt too much. Zona remains my biggest whiff by far.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Somehow I still have 7 of 8 Elite Eight teams alive, and the South region got so blown up that whiffing on Arizona might not even hurt me that much.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
3 of my Final Four teams didn't survive the first weekend. That about does it for me.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Turns out picking Villanova to win it all is about the only reason I'm still alive in this

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Looks like we're down to two frontrunners. "The Worst Bracket," irony of ironies, will easily win if Villanova takes care of business, while "DC Murderverse" takes it all if Michigan wins.

A lot of people picked Nova and are technically still alive, but none of their brackets held up enough to be serious contenders. Worst Bracket got over the top by getting 3 Final Four teams right, including a near-perfect West region with Michigan getting through. They also had Virginia out in the Round of 32, so that upset wasn't as damaging as others. Meanwhile, DC Murderverse's faith in Michigan paid off, to the point that Virginia and Michigan State's stumbles didn't hurt them too bad.

This weird-rear end tournament led to some weird-rear end bracket results, but at least we have a little drama heading into the title game. Good luck to those two.

Benne fucked around with this message at 08:48 on Apr 1, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Congrats to the winner, enjoy your prize of empty bragging rights. Everyone else, better luck next year.

• Locked thread