Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

I actually put my final four as Virginia, Purdue, Michigan State, and Houston.

I don't think any team besides Arizona has the team to beat Virginia in the South, and Sean Miller is a master at losing in the tournament. They'll beat Tennessee in the Elite 8. Kansas is Kansas, and I have them losing to Auburn just before Auburn loses to Michigan State (If they don't lose to Penn lol). West Virginia will beat Villanova, and will in turn lose to Purdue, who won't face a single digit team until then. I just remember Houston hate-loving some poor team a month ago and I want to see them do it to UNC, but I also didn't want to pick Xavier or Ohio State after that.

I had Duke lose to Rhode Island, as it should be. My big opening upsets are Davidson over Kentucky, Loyola-Chicago over Miami, Bonnies/UCLA over Florida, SFA over Texas Tech (depends on TT's general health), and NMSU over Clemson.

My heart picked Purdue-Virginia as the final, but my head tells me it'll be Michigan State-Virginia with MSU winning; they'll get the wins vacated three years later anyways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Joey Freshwater posted:

HEY

thanks for having us in the Elite 8

:love:

I may think Wright State is a tough game, but I'm really high on Tennessee right now. Like, if Arizona beats Virginia, I think Tennessee could beat them again to get a Final Four.

Then again, I also think Purdue is going to manifest destiny their way to a final, and I've seen way too much Purdue over the years to understand why I believe that.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Joey Freshwater posted:

Why is Wright State a tough game? From what I've read they have a decent defense but their offense is horrible.

Mainly the defense. To be fair, I only watched them in the Horizon tournament, and they looked like a team Tennessee would struggle to break down.

I think Tennessee wins by double digits,, but they could get frustrated for a good 30 minutes. Those games are always the tough ones to watch. The annoying game where you just want your team to be up by more than 9 points already.

It doesn’t really matter. Outside of Cincy, Tennessee has a nice path to the Elite 8, and I’ll never be sold on postseason Mick Cronin.

b0ng posted:

This guy is my new best friend.

In a non-goon bracket I have South Dakota beating Ohio State for my 12/5 upset. How crazy am I?

lol I’m really praying that Houston beats UNC.

Ohio State has lost to Penn State three times, so not that crazy. My 12/5 is New Mexico State, because they are a type of team that Clemson should struggle with.

• Locked thread