Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go

Benne posted:

Come talk about your Final Four picks, preferred upsets, and stone cold locks, and then lament when it all goes to poo poo in the first round.
I will do all of these things. For the first time in my life, I have unironically selected my team, Virginia, to win a national championship. A cruel and unjust god wouldn't possibly throw this back in my face.

e: Oh uh, upsets? It's Gonzaga over Michigan in the Elite Eight, so not exactly a 15 over 2, but that's as close as I get. I have every other region as #1 defeating #2, because why doubt the illustrious selection committee?

MC Fruit Stripe fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Mar 12, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go

kiimo posted:

I like to go through my bracket and make educated decisions on each game until it is done. Then I go back and change 5-7 outcomes as a reminder to myself that this poo poo never makes sense and every year we go holy poo poo all the brackets are busted.
There's a chance that you're overestimating how emotionally invested everyone is in their picks.

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go

kiimo posted:

There is only one good team and they are Virginia. hth

Bird in a Blender posted:

So they’re losing in the sweet 16 then. Got it.
Hey I'll have you know that according to insufferable Duke, UNC and MSU fans in comment sections world wide, anything but a 30 point victory in the title game will now and forever expose UVA as a fraud.

e: I mean insufferable fans of those teams, not that fans of those teams are insufferable

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go
Is it really that hard? All of the 5s and 6s should win handily. You pick an 11 or 12 because you want to have fun and gamble, but if you want to play the percentages, it's 5s and 6s.

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go
A favorite of mine is Drunk's Primo Bracket who, despite putting two teams in the final, and assigning them a score, forgot to actually click one of the teams, and therefore selected no one to win the tournament.

My bracket is doing badly but it's not my fault because I picked who should win the games and if the teams gently caress that up then that's on them not on me. Your blood is on your own hands, Miami.

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go
Who could worry about a bracket at a time like this?

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

I suddenly feel read bad and dumb for not doing any brackets this year.
There's a decent chance your south region wouldn't be doing hot and you didn't miss much.

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go
I'm sure I'm not alone - who else has no one left in the south?

If you went with the "lower numbers mean better teams" approach like I did, I've got some bad news about your south region...

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go
Checking some of the other brackets, there are some pretty hilarious results for people who made perfectly normal picks. I see someone near the top with no one left on the entire left side - ouch, they're done. Contrast that with The Beard, who might have this whole thing wrapped up after the first weekend if a game or two goes his way. Dude's remaining points are insane.

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go
Yeah , I enjoy making the picks, but the scoring system makes it pretty clear that picking the winner is what matters. The person in 49th (of 56) would jump to 1st if their team won it all. So you've got people like myself (in 2nd) who are just kinda marking time until the big point rounds put things in place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go
I am proud to be the champion of people who didn't appreciate how dominant Villanova would be.

• Locked thread