Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Throwing off the shadow of a better man.
My dad told me this story last year:
Just after I was born, one of my dad's college buddies randomly turned up at our house. He had a motorcycle with a couple of huge saddlebags tied to it and a backpack, and that was it. He hung out for two days, and left in the early, early morning of the third. At noon on the third day, two FBI agents arrived at our house and one detained my parents and I (like, I was literally 5 months old so I don't remember any of this poo poo) in the kitchen, and the other one ransacked our house. They asked my parents about the guy who was staying with us, and repeatedly asked about a large video tape. In the mid seventies, this was uncommon, and my parents swore up and down they never saw anything like that. The FBI agents left, but my dad swears up and down that he saw one of the guys a few days later at the grocery store.

Ten years passed. My parents split up, and my dad moved out of state. He reconnected with several of his college buddies, and they had an informal reunion. The guy who stayed with us those three days showed up, and dad got pissy with him about the FBI visit. The guy explained he had been involved with the Church of Scientology, and he and a few other members had broken into a Federal building to steal records, and this guy had bee given a video camera (the really big ones you see on-location news guys using) to film the break-in. They were discovered, and all but two of the Scientologists involved were caught. This guy got away, but he had to ditch the camera, but he kept the tape. He went on the run, hung out at our place for three days with the tape hidden under the mattress of my crib, then left. He made his way north, but got nabbed just outside of Canada, and turned State's evidence to get a really light sentence.

My dad thought that this guy was making poo poo up this whole time, until I explained that the events he was describing were almost certainly part of Operation Snow White, where Scientologists tried to steal their own Federal files for the church's suspicious activities. My dad still doesn't believe any of it.

Anyway, that's my Scientology story. I think they're all either duped or scum, depending on how high up they are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread