Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Thanks everyone, I hope this game was fun and that everyone plays more mafia (or Riven, haha)

The song was actually my fanart submission but it had to stay private till I flipped (the accent would have given me away)

flerp I’m sorry I fell for the scum lies about you.

One of the things I’ve noticed from running a few role-heavy games is that things never really work out the way you would use them as the designer e.g. multiple people visit the same target at the same time, town cop or doc gets cuddled D1, Frieza shoots a dayvig in the first hour and gets identity stolen by Ginyu, etc.

So some of the things like alignment switching, action resolution I hope people worry about less and focus more on the fun things that can happen in a role madness setting.

Also big props to Rhjamiz fighting like hell to get me dunked and making that day really a lot harder for me than I expected going into it, you were in a tough spot and I was definitely nervous that day.

I kept a diary in my spreadsheet as a kind of one-man scumdoc which records some of my thoughts / strategies from D2 on which I will talk to Nat20 about linking

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
Oh yeah, props to all the newbies, y'all were pretty drat good

Also alignment swapping roles are never balanced except for extremely unique versions that only affect the player in question

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Good job bird! I feel like I would have had a better shot if CL and crazy hadn't checked out so hard at the end. Ah well!

Also the ambiguity over what roles could actually be capable of (two night actions cough cough) worked against all efforts to hunt Cell effectively. Irsmart and Macs refusal to believe that you could be both a tracker and perform a nk sealed their loss.

All in all it was fun tho! Would sign up for dbz Mafia again. Now this is posted in the correct thread

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Birb no :negative:

Also nah, I probably wasn’t going to be voting birb that day, I told you that up front haha. I didn’t really check out, I just got busy. I wasn’t lying about that when I came in to the new day. Between work, then soccer, then having an allergic reaction to my soap (lol :rip: me), I went a much longer time checking the thread than I planned

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

chaoslord posted:

Also nah, I probably wasn’t going to be voting birb that day, I told you that up front haha. I didn’t really check out, I just got busy. I wasn’t lying about that when I came in to the new day. Between work, then soccer, then having an allergic reaction to my soap (lol :rip: me), I went a much longer time checking the thread than I planned

Yeah I figured you wouldn't be switching but with no reaction from you I decided to cut losses. Staying in that townie mindset while lying my rear end off is pretty tiring even over text, I found out!

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

chaoslord posted:

I explained justifies it to myself in celldoc as “cell’s gotta cell,” although I was hoping you’d be alive and we could Sparkimus Prime it up

also what’s your soap lol

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

I like Dr Bronners peppermint. Which is kind of like being allergic to soap in a way.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Rhjamiz posted:

Good job bird! I feel like I would have had a better shot if CL and crazy hadn't checked out so hard at the end. Ah well!

Also the ambiguity over what roles could actually be capable of (two night actions cough cough) worked against all efforts to hunt Cell effectively. Irsmart and Macs refusal to believe that you could be both a tracker and perform a nk sealed their loss.

All in all it was fun tho! Would sign up for dbz Mafia again. Now this is posted in the correct thread

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

Well if I’m being honest I’ve really just been trying to draw out both of you more. To get a better grasp of the situation. Out of the two of you, you come off as more belligerent

Anyway to address your actual point there’s already been 2x Android Detectors Jeabus and GeneX. Between them Android 13 was on scum and Roshi was for town. Are you arguing there’s a third? The only character that would have that is possibly Cell

Which would still leave me with the problem of where’s Gero then?

I was pretty close to believing you here, but I was more focused on Gero for whatever reason. I should have went back to this after we cuddled you but alas

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

I was pretty close to believing you here, but I was more focused on Gero for whatever reason. I should have went back to this after we cuddled you but alas

Yeah, live and learn. I made some serious missteps and a major scumslip that put me in that position. I was probably dead either way lol

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
It was an honor to be Nightkilled. Also I do want to apologize for the day I used my power. I felt like that it did a lot of bad to the over all enthusiasm of the game and it allowed Asiina and Lumpen to be real targets without any sort of retribution on their ends. I was so sure that B- was scum and seeing him get away scott free on back to back days infuriated me. Oddly enough after everything occurred B- was the person I trusted the most and I was really glad to get to work with him.

Bird and Rhj I was in awe of your games. Rhj especially for being a newbie you played a hell of a game keep it up. Bird you knew exactly how to leverage all your powers for maximum efficiency and it showed. Grats to all of you for a game well played.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

SalTheBard posted:

It was an honor to be Nightkilled. Also I do want to apologize for the day I used my power.

Please don't. Day 3 was the most awesome and hilarious thing because of that. It may not have helped town but it made Day 3 beautiful.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
I do get what you're saying about overall morale but I don't think it was your fault that those things happened, and even if it did it was your ability to use how you see fit. All you did was play the game.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Link to my googledoc, diary is on the second tab

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

oh yeah this is what I drew during the fanart contest:

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

"Gulag helped me in my first scum game when I completely messed up"

what game was this...i dont rec all helping anyone...in my life

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Birdstrike posted:

Link to my googledoc, diary is on the second tab

This diary is great

Birbdoc posted:

Okay I’ve woken up to 375 new posts on a day when you can vote one of two people. Wtf

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

GulagDolls posted:

"Gulag helped me in my first scum game when I completely messed up"

what game was this...i dont rec all helping anyone...in my life

Big Game Queue. It was my second ever game, JakeP cased me hard for “wrong” reasons and I had a bit of a meltdown.

You won that game for scum after imgay fakeclaimed or something as town for no reason

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Bifauxnen posted:

lmao

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Bifauxnen posted:

I need this to be explained to me.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
50 it's this:

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

quote:

Birbdoc posted:
Okay I’ve woken up to 375 new posts on a day when you can vote one of two people. Wtf

Dude I just assumed B- was going to be turboed that day and I did not want to give him anyway to slip out. I was loving furious that B- was still alive given how scummy he had been acting (not just my opinion). The fact that it ended in a no kill and then the most useless fucker of all went to the HTC was a goddamn crime.

Here is my PM conversation with Nat20

SalTheBard wrote on Mar 30, 2018 11:54:
I'm tired as gently caress so maybe I don't see it, but what is my new ability?

Nat20 wrote on (whatever)
You're probably going to hate me.

Your new ability is confidence in yourself.

SalTheBard wrote on (whatever)
...............you're right :-P

I appreciated B- telling me not to claim my new ability but I figured if I didn't claim then there would be suspicion (although I figured suspicion would be there regardless) so I went yolo mostly because I thought it was funny as gently caress. The real funny thing was the gif that Birdstrike posted of Cell and Mr. Satan getting ready to square off.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

SalTheBard posted:

I appreciated B- telling me not to claim my new ability but I figured if I didn't claim then there would be suspicion (although I figured suspicion would be there regardless) so I went yolo mostly because I thought it was funny as gently caress. The real funny thing was the gif that Birdstrike posted of Cell and Mr. Satan getting ready to square off.

I actually wasn't suspicious of you because I felt your ability itself had to be really what you said it does, and I felt like that would be the shittiest ability imaginable for scum or an sk to have unless they're very, very confident they can direct a no lynch or mislynch.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Nep-Nep posted:

I actually wasn't suspicious of you because I felt your ability itself had to be really what you said it does, and I felt like that would be the shittiest ability imaginable for scum or an sk to have unless they're very, very confident they can direct a no lynch or mislynch.

The one upside to the whole debacle is I was pretty much cleared town at that point. My biggest concern (as I told my wife) was using it on a town member, getting a town member killed and then having people come after me assuming that I was scum. I instantly regretted it is as soon as the whole KB is scum thing blew up. I was thankful for the good moderation from Nat 20 that allowed us to force a no lynch. Probably my ONE regret was actually going into the HTC. I should've let B- go in and then let the 2nd one be random.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

:munch: I literally just found this thread today and skimmed the entire thing, and am very glad the game just ended because I would probably be mashing f5 if it wasn't. Also I'm going to assume this thread is an accurate representation of the plot of DBZ and doubt watching it would change my mind. :munch:

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

silvergoose posted:

:munch: I literally just found this thread today and skimmed the entire thing, and am very glad the game just ended because I would probably be mashing f5 if it wasn't. Also I'm going to assume this thread is an accurate representation of the plot of DBZ and doubt watching it would change my mind. :munch:

It was closeish in parts tbh

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Birb I'm convinced I was on to you the day Mord blew me up and I'm still not over it :argh:

But given how badly you had town fooled I guess it probably wouldn't have mattered, you done good my friend.

This was a very fun game and I'm glad I played in it, and I'm glad that I mostly held my own.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
haha good game for the most part! birb please believe i was getting p suss of you before being terminated.

monathin in honour of this i made this for u during the art comp

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Atomic Soda posted:

haha good game for the most part! birb please believe i was getting p suss of you before being terminated.

monathin in honour of this i made this for u during the art comp

i love it, i'm very sorry asoda, but also i'm so glad this is what you did while being mad at me :3:

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

My fanart:

Story:

So technically I cheated. I made this picture like fifteen years ago. See, I used to be a member of a Dragonball fan community called Planet Namek. I was in my early teens, maybe? One year a friend and I made a fake parody Dragonball fansite with sections that gave completely false information about Dragonball AF and stuff we'd seen via fansubs we bought at a mall kiosk. We had descriptions of Super Saiyan levels up to like 13 and a we made a bunch of fake fanart.

There was Roshi hanging himself, Krillin being pushed off a cliff, Gregory hithchiking, Radditz working for UPS, etc. Very good and appropriate fanart.

One person on the Planet Namek Message Board asked if it was real. That was probably a dark day for that kid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Bifauxnen posted:

lol this is the best

• Locked thread