Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries
I'm up for this!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries
Do I need to understand DBZ to play? I never watched it.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
Deelop #4594

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
Bagsy jumping in the power up chamber first, I wanna get my swole on and start yelling about my power levels

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I don't get what the video is, a secret message breadcrumb thing or a meme common in mafia?

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010

Lumpen posted:

There was no mention of alignment change or cults in the OP. If there is a cult mechanic or any possibility that my win condition can be altered, replace me now.

If I get recruited into a cult I hereby solemnly swear I will instantly out every member and modkill myself first post of the day. I'm in for Town, and I'd go out for Town.

I don't mind role madness or multiple factions, but alignment change or deathmillers make a game an unfun waste of time and I don't have any tolerance for that poo poo.

What is role madness and what does a deathmiller do? I get alignment change would men swapping sides from scum to town and back.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
At the moment there seems to be a clear divide in those that think flavour is important and those that don't, which is interesting because I haven't got a clue about our DBZ universe or what you guys are talking about.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
But isn't it the case that this early on we are voting blind anyway, and that until we have a reveal we have nothing to go on. Once we get past the first night we will be able to go back and look at who voted for who ever went first.

Hence why if there was a deathmiller it really screwing over the game.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I don't have a read on anyone this early.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010

Mordiceius posted:

Maybe this will help encourage you to try.

##vote willie_dee

Your right it will

##vote mordiceius

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010

b-minus1 posted:

@mona: my townread of 50 was not based on his scumread of asiina post. it's more of a meta read. ive been on a scumteam with 50 twice, and couldnt help but notice that his post style is very different compared to his scum games

That's interesting. Do peoples posting style normally change depending on role and if so doesn't that make the game a lot easier for experienced players who have played together before?

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I think having certainty about anything this early on is daft and a lot of words are getting posted about nothing, so I can understand the need for a recap because I haven't followed whats going on and I've been reading the posts!

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010

Lumpen posted:

I am seriously asking though. You said something, and you want it to be taken as your true thoughts, so please go on and expand on what you said.

If you're Town, don't duck this, it would be bad for you and Town.

You sound like your looking for a fight more than anyone else so far with this post.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010

Xad posted:

Was rereading some posts and this one stuck out to me a bit, really don't like the "hm welp guess you have to claim or get executed :shrug:" line there

It does read that way but is that a bad thing? Why is forcing people to claim an issue if it gets the ball rolling early on when we have nothing else to go on.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010

50 pounds of bread posted:

The other two people voting mord right now (gtg didn't hold their unvote) are rhjamiz and Willie Dee.

Willie see seems to be getting their bearings for mafia in general, it's difficult for me to have an opinion on them until they get into the rythym of the game more..

I'm only voting for him because he voted for me.

I'll ## unvote if we are getting too close to the end of the day and read the 150 posts that have come up over night to try and get some reads.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I'm at work so can't do a big post, but when I'm back tonight I'll do a long post on who I would vote for and why.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010

chaoslord posted:

This didn't really get picked up by anyone since it was in the middle of the android flavor debacle but Lumpen is dead on about Xad's comment here.

I disagree, I think that makes perfect sense and can see the logic. It would be too obvious but this reads like causing trouble out of nothing and that you are aligned with Lumpen.

50 pounds of bread posted:

The other two people voting mord right now (gtg didn't hold their unvote) are rhjamiz and Willie Dee.

Willie see seems to be getting their bearings for mafia in general, it's difficult for me to have an opinion on them until they get into the rythym of the game more.

I'm not going to lie, I was only voting for him because he was voting for me, I am happy to ## unvote and vote for someone based on the logic of scum hunting rather than newbie retaliation.

Nothing anyone has posted has read to me as decisively scum, and the theories are all wild speculation from what I can tell. I think I would be more likely to vote based on lurking than I have been on anyones posts.

Or I'll go back to voting for Mord because he voted for me, but that feels petty, at least hes posting and providing content for us to go on later.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010

King Burgundy posted:

It's kind of weird that people keep forgetting they already said something and unvoted previously.

Yea I thought I had but this thread is moving very quickly and I couldn't find it. That and posting on my phone from work doesn't always work so I thought better be safe than sorry.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I forgot who had the meltdown earlier but I do wanna point out that every single player who had one in the past few games was scum.

Were the meltdowns genuine? Absolutely. But also all scum.

Can anyone else with experience vouch for this?

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010

Rhjamiz posted:

To me, this is your scummiest post so far. I get being frustrated with being mislynched d1. And yeah, you've made your scum reads clear. But you've done nothing to inform anyone not onboard with them already, or unsure about your own trustworthyness. This attitude you've taken toward it is, basically, only helpful to you if you're actually scum. What you've done here is set up a sort of "Lynch me, cowards" situation where any town watching get paralyzed by this sort of WIFOM gambit where "Scum wouldn't paint a target on themselves, but wait, scum would know people would think that so it's the perfect gambit, but town would know that and lynch them anyway" endless loving rabbithole where no one watching, unless they have extensive experience with you, can reliably read you as either scum or town. Being unreadable is a Scum move.

On top of this there is a huge emotionally manipulative argument being made here where anyone who votes for you or even suspects you are loving morons, how could you be so stupid for suspecting this flippant, barely-engaged player. Again, this is a scum move trying to elicit, if not sympathy, then sow doubt about casting a vote for you in the hopes of dodging a lynch.

As such, you're the scummiest player in my mind. ##vote b-minus1

On the off chance you're actually town; if you keep getting mislynched on D1, maybe you should look at your own town play and consider if that isn't contributing to it.

I get the logic here, but at least he is posting content, there are people lurking way harder aren't there?

That being said this is the only convincing theory on scum I have seen so far based on what is being posted in the thread, I am not convinced by it (hard to be sure about much this early on im guessing as we are all voting blind) but I can at least see Rhjamiz's point where as most of the other bickering seems to be either based on nothing or is going over my head.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010

Jeabus Mahogany posted:

It's never fun. Playing this is never fun.

Every single loving game I've played I've been jumped on for just having the loving gall to post.

And posting isn't easy for me. I'm a natural lurker. I have to loving work up to posting, and even then, it's hard for me to even compose my words in a way that feels satisfactory to me.

I'm not even that good a scumhunter.

So to see any effort I make so callously shot down gets me loving mad, in a way that's not healthy for me.

Yesterday, instead of reading this thread, I went and caught up on Dragon Ball Super, and had a nice sleep.It felt great!

Today I read the thread and immediately felt like poo poo again.

I shouldn't have signed up.

If you are having such a miserable time, im happy to vote you out of the game based on it being a mercy for you but also the comment about breakdowns normally equalling scum historically.

##vote Jeabus Mahogany

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010

Mordiceius posted:

This is a really loving bad post and you should really not do this. We're not in joke phase and now you're just coming across as an rear end in a top hat.

A few things.

The dude wanted out of the game, I was helping him out, now he's changed his mind so ## unvote. How's that being an rear end in a top hat, one guy who doesn't want to play gets to leave the game and we get to see how accurate the theory of scum only meltdown. Its makes perfect logical sense.

I didn't factor in "7. No replacements after D2." from the op correctly, I assumed it meant irl day 2 not game day 2. I feel dumb that I didn't bother to think about it. Now that's been pointed out as well yes it was a bad post now I have more accurate information.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010

Dancer posted:

willie_dee obviously engaged in behaviour that would be deeply suspect coming from a vet (including OMGUS and rolefishing) but that could very well just be newbie behaviour. Otherwise I got nothing.

I get how I omgus but how is that a scum trait? And can you explain how I role fished? (Genuinely want to know so I can learn not to do that)

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010

Asiina posted:

willie's post history is adorable, btw. I recommend everyone read this baby deer fumbling around on his spindly legs :3:

I demand to be taken seriously and feel all my posts had logic and rationale behind them.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

I've dug into Sal a bit and something that stood out to me:

Do townies normally tell people to not take claims seriously then as one of their last posts make a claim? It comes off as disingenuous or at least redirection. I'm free most of tonight so I'd like to hear a rebuttal from Sal but unless he can convince me other wise: ##vote SalTheBard

Don't the two bolded bits in each quote support each other rather than contradict?

As in, he's saying he doesn't take claims seriously and his own claim confirms that to him. He hasn't actually claimed what that claim is, just other peoples claims don't sync with his own so his initial statement not to trust claims stands.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010

King Burgundy posted:

Sandwolf 5
Quidthulhu 3

These are unsettling.

I'm going to sleep soon and should probably vote for someone based on a good theory I can even slightly get behind, just thinking out loud here. If I don't vote will that be a problem?

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

Well that is an interpretation but they specifically state that they are town and that flavor would contradict the claims other people have made

I’m inferring here but how this reads to me is “trusting people’s claims is idiotic, but I know there is something fishy going on because of my town role and associated flavor”.

Which to boil down further sounds like “don’t trust them but you can totes trust me because reasons”

Right but I can understand that, I don't think it makes him hypocritical though or scummy.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010

IcePhoenix posted:

I also went back and looked at Sal's posts since he's been mentioned a lot and even though he has a lot of posts, most of them are in the jokephase and most of the ones after that are just lacking in content.

I didn't mention him in my first post but after having some time to read through more people's posts I'd also put Crazyeyes in my "people I trust" list with Gene and Lumpen.

I also had b minus on my radar but am, similarly to other,s backing off of that from his recent posts.

I feel like Jebus is being sincere and also don't want to vote him today.

I have no idea what that stuff from Dancer was.

Because I want to have a vote on record, though, I'm going to

##vote Sal

This is the post in question, and I can kind of see your point Sal, it reads to me like "Hey I went for some people but no one else bought it and now someone else has been mentioned I'm jumping on them".

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010

b-minus1 posted:

where the hell is everyone

Agreed,

Ice Phoenix fits both my criteria in that I don't like his posts and he has been pretty lurky in comparison to other people.

##vote Ice Phoenix

I'm voting because I'm British and need to go to sleep soon and more experienced people than me are telling me it's good to vote for someone. Happy to have my mind changed before I fall asleep.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010

IcePhoenix posted:

Honestly, I have suspicions of everyone that isn't me so I'm not going to claim I have any town reads. But for now I think that Lumpen and Gene come off as the most genuine to me (yes, even though I'm still bothered by the movie character claims).

The scummier reads I have are willie_dee (aggressive posting, calling for more people to claim) and Tobbs (mostly gut, but also calling for an information lynch on d1).

Maybe I'm being a bit omgus, but here is your post no one agreed with you on to the point where it didn't take off and you then jumped on the quickest alternative.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010

Birdstrike posted:

I like where you’re coming from but is there anyone with other votes on them at the moment that you think are the scum!

I'd vote for Mord, he's been deeply unpleasant to me (and I am to him probably in fairness, not taking it personally), I don't follow his 50 vote and enough people have danced with him that it would reveal a lot about the game depending on which way he flips.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010

IcePhoenix posted:

If I just jumped on the quickest alternative, shouldn't I have voted for someone that had more than two votes at the time?

And I wasn't particularly going for anyone in that post, I got asked to give reads and gave them.

You coming after me like this when I've clearly backed off on you makes me think something spooked you.

I was specifically trying not to omgus you and not take it personally. People were going for Sal, they might not have voted but he was talked about enough. Everyone's being kind of lapse with the voting, 2 is plenty in this game for a ball to start rolling.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010

Mordiceius posted:

This is a bad post and you should try harder.

Teach me why it's bad. It makes sense to me. If your going to call me bad fair enough, I'm new and I bow to greater experience, but at least be productive with it like other people have. Calling my posts bad every time I post with my logic and thought out reasoning makes you seem arrogant at best, scum at worst.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010

b-minus1 posted:

scum have to be lurking to try to cause a no lynch. but why?

I thought no lynch helped scum?

The logic being that they have a chance to murder at night a town person at no risk of any of them being lynched that day.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010

IcePhoenix posted:

I will ask this question, then. Why do you think I should take my vote off of Sal? When I voted his posts were basically "don't claim," "it takes a lot of votes to lynch," and "oh this is a good post." I'm not sure what makes my statement about his posting at that point false.

Because his posts are more thought out and don't read scummy to me, and he's posted more than some lurkers, including you I think.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010

Lumpen posted:

If Scum could say nothing and and never vote, and Town was so lurky and disorganized they could never pull together a lynch, then Scum would nightkill their way to victory easily. Scum benefit for any nolynch because it's a free bonus nightkill. Town can only win if they lynch Scum and they only get one chance per day/night cycle. Town may waste their chance, Scum won't waste theirs.

Your post was Scummy.

Yea that's really obvious, questioning it does seem too dumb to be true.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010

IcePhoenix posted:

Mafia edit

But even with that factored in he has still posted more than other people. I can see your point now it's being fleshed out but you triggered my scumdar initially

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I refuse to watch anime ever since Cowboy Bebop because apparently nothing is any where near close as good

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I'm going to go back and see who told me that all meltdowns were scum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I'm just trying to follow the logic here on how bigger games work.

If there was only one death it means that there's either only one scum team, or there are others and they either didn't do anything or were prevented from doing it? How likely is it a scum team decide not to kill?

• Locked thread