Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
*begins powering up for several episodes*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
https://youtu.be/CDK0KYNIaQ0

Do you feel that...?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

"AA get off the toilet! You've been in there for days!"

*fists clench tighter, toes dig into socks*

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

b-minus1 posted:

How is this game not full? Wtf are people waiting for

*powering up continues*

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

SalTheBard posted:

All the other games going on right now.

I think there's just ecco's and riven if that started though. The other games are also recruiting lol

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

I think there's just ecco's and riven if that started though. The other games are also recruiting lol

Put a recruit in T.G. recruit or PM a mod and see if it's ok. DBZ would probably pull in a few apps and new players.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Android Saga in a nutshell:
Goku hasn't returned to earth after defeating Frieza on Namek, but everyone on earth is chilling anyhow.

Time traveling future Trunks goes back in time to warn earth about the androids that are coming to kick their teeth in.

Goku eventually shows up and is like oh what's up. Some weird aliens tought me how to travel across time and space by focusing my god like powers. NBD.

Oh, and Frieza whom Goku defeated has become a cyborg seeking revenge.

Trunks is just like w.e. and kills him with a sword and some gang signs, and is like yeah yeah that was cool and all, but these androids are coming.

I mean his timeline is forever boned, but good on him for preventing the same, but w.e. time travel

Goku has a heart disease suddenly. Something about a cure and him dying

Androids come and kick in teeth.

Vegeta cries because as Prince of the Saiyans he should have been the legendary super Saiyans and yadda dadda.

Future trunks has daddy issues, vegeta is his daddy. The issues are understandable.

He gets time to bond though in the time chamber where they get really buff to prepare for the ultimate Android menace cell.

Krillin the best character in the series marries one of the androids somewhere. She's ok. They even have a baby and he grows a mustache. It's a whole thing.

Cell is like a weird bio bug droid man who absorbs the other androids through his butt horn tail whip thing.

It's a weird appendage.

Cell gets strong after nomming

Everyone else is not strong enough.

P. Much full on in cell saga by now? Maybe I'm missing some crucial plot elements.

Goku is dead and channels his spirit through Gohan who is also obv a super saiyan.

Also with the blood of goku, still superior to vegeta. At least at this point

And that's the androids and cell saga.

As I remember it from about 15 years ago or w.e.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Oh yeah the whole fighting tournament lol. Mr. Satan is p. Great

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
My character is hilarious and my power level is like 5.

Confirming.

flerp posted:

holy poo poo you morons flavor doesnt loving matter in dbz 1 there was characters that werent even present in the frieza saga that people had as characters god drat shut up about flavor

I know I'm late to the party, but this rings true.

Flavor playing isn't mafia. If it can be flavor solved then it is just a themed puzzle.

I have a few town reads from some early posts that looked like genuine town reactions to roles and PM. Even with 27 players, my dude is just like the most background of people and not at all related to z fighting or androids.

I assume by some of the responses that there a re a significant number more players with similar roles.

I don't like how Lumplord claims, it looks forced and weird like he couldn't wait to do it, and had to preemptively defend what he was doing with the, this is not a Miller claim, but the big flavor case by mord looks bad.

I want to say, flavor probably won't be a good thing to follow but eh no telling.

I'll join disc soon Nat20.

On phone and I've just been taking notes in a journal but:
What I found wrong with lumpens claim most of all is what i believe I perceived shortly after official start.

Tobbs remarks that they thought this was role madness and comments that it is not.

4 minutes later.

Lumplord suggests that Tobbs post was a town post.

12 minutes later Lumpen claims.

Why I have a problem with this is that, Tobbs makes a comment that I thought also did in fact lead me to believe he was town, but then he claimed an Android shortly there after.

Suggests flavor sensors.

Admits to being vanilla themselves.

Even with the possibility of role fuckery, it just seems like an illegitimate point to press when there is nothing establishing extraordinary mechanics in the game at that point and even more now still with so many people hinting at possibly being vanilla or not all that extraordinary.

I didn't play DBZ 1, but I feel like if the good guys were bad, then perhaps Lumpen was fake claiming, and show flavor casing is going against his plan.

NOW If that's all bullshit, then Mord is probably a scum.

I thought the day 0 cop joke might have been light bussing, still could be, but I think they are on opposite teams.

Right now, I feel like voting Lumpen for weirdness in the play thus far.

I think Mord flavor casing is terrible.

Bird also made a good case on Jeabus.

A few 'scum' claims too. Sal and Xad here's looking at you. Policy lynch all scum claims imo.

Flerp jokes or claims a bus driver and given my own role he just might be one in flavor lol.

I think Tobbs, crazyeyes, and sandwolf are town at this point from early posts.

I think CLord had a weird post about Lumps. I'll find it.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

chaoslord posted:

Probably not a cult game, Lumpen likely just got one of the good androids

This seems weird to me, but nothing else at the moment. Just.... weird.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

SalTheBard posted:

Whats jokephase precious?

Darling, joke phase is a treacherous ordeal that occurs when a bunch of fools gather together and agree to argue about who is REALLY scum, and let me tell you...

Nothing is sacred, not even the light hearted laugh out loud joke phase .

Mafia is a life ruining game. Don't play even once.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Mordiceius posted:

I disagree. It’s day one, so we don’t have much action-wise to work from, so I’m going to build the flavor case for Lumpen.

In the Android saga (I’m going to include the Cell saga in this) of DBZ, there are six main androids.

Android 16
Android 17
Android 18
Android 19
Android 20
Cell

Android 20 is the android conversion of Dr. Gero, the creator of all of the androids. He wants Goku and the Z Fighters dead due to Goku wiping out the Red Ribbon Army. He’s killed by Android 17.

Android 19 is just a boring lovely android that is subservient to Dr. Gero. He is killed first, by Vegeta.

Androids 17/18 are humans converted to android. They turn on Dr. Gero when he demands their complete obedience or face death. They are antagonists to the Z Fighters. They are both absorbed my Cell.

Android 16 is a full android. He is considered the most reckless and dangerous. His only mission is to kill Goku. He is awoken by 17/18, to the protest of Dr. Gero. He is killed by Cell.

Cell is a time traveling android from the future. He is created from the cells of the universe’s strongest fighters. He absorbs 17/18, and kills 16. He is killed by Gohan.

None of these people are the “good guys.” The only way it would make sense for one android to be Town is if they are all Town and the Z Fighters are actually a scum team. But that wouldn’t make sense in a game this size imo.

So my flavor guess would be: Androids 16/17/18/19/20 are a scum team. Cell is a super powered serial killer. The only other way I could see it split are a 16/17/18 scum team and a 19/20 scum team.

There is literally no way for an android to be Town.

On thing also to consider: in a game this size, it is very common to have multiple scum teams. Scum can take advantage of this because they can make an honest effort to scum hunt and appear as Town by hunting the other scum team.

Unless Lumpen does something incredible to convince me otherwise, I will not be moving my vote.

##vote Lumpen

Your case on Lumpen is contingent upon cell saga being a part of this, and even then you get into some heavy set up speculation.

I feel like you're doing a lot of work, but it is way to dependent upon factors that are not known at this time, and I feel like this is an opportunistic push

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Mordiceius posted:

It depends on win conditions. Those numbers don’t honestly sound unbalanced at all. The scum teams would end up hitting each other and it’s not just townies who die.

In Final Fantasy 6 mafia (granted, a different mod) there were like 20 Town, a 6 man scum team with a usurper/SK, a 2 man SK team, and a 4man non Town team that won when the 6 man team was gone but didn’t care about the SK team.

No reason this game couldn’t be equally if not more weird.
##vote Mord

Lots of setup spec and play that doesn't actually work towards town victory, but plays at being useful.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

willie_dee posted:

But isn't it the case that this early on we are voting blind anyway, and that until we have a reveal we have nothing to go on. Once we get past the first night we will be able to go back and look at who voted for who ever went first.

Hence why if there was a deathmiller it really screwing over the game.

It is mostly blind. You just have to vote for whom you think looks the worst in play.

We've gotten a good bit to go on with role crumbs, flavor crumbs and claims.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Crazyeyes posted:

I will speak plainly.

No. No I cannot.

I took this as a crumb that they had an innocuous role like mine, meaning vanilla or very well near vanilla.

Sandwolf posted:

Hello I am here and I remember watching this whole series and I have no idea who my character is.

This is spot on for this trend.

Could be misdirection, but given how this type of stuff was volunteered without prompting makes me think, they were expecting a bit more bells and whistles than they got, OR that their character was someone in the background of the show like mine.

I think scum would have simple fake claims, but like I said. How it was offered when it was offered... it just stood out to me.

Will still be watching them obv, but to a lesser degree at this time.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Anomalous Amalgam#2799

Sorry I'm late to the game lol

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

50 pounds of bread posted:

Mord is an awful lynch. The most scummy cases itt are cases on mord right now.

Elaborate how

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

You seem to imply I meant right this second. Then go on to say that’ll you’ll do it as you feel more pressure. So was it actually a bad post if you say not yet?

Anyway, we’re sort of at a stand still as we don’t have any other information to go on

The joys of day 1.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Mordiceius posted:

Mod: This is a Mafia game. Town wins when they lynch the mafia.

Player 1: I’m a mafioso but I’m Town.

Player 2: Player 1 claimed mafioso, we should lynch them.

Player 3: Stop using flavor. We should lynch player 2.

This is not what happened

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

GeneX posted:

Can we table the “androids are all evil” “nuh uh” argument and just focus on trying to find scum

The game is mafia, not androidhunt, and there is not a flip on earth besides dr gero as town that will prove one way or the other whether androids are all scum on any number of teams, all town members, or a mix (yes a flip will invalidate one of the first two but it can’t do so for the last one)

I think Lumpen’s move makes sense either way but the quick denial of a miller claim makes me want to believe it more than not

I think fitty’s chainsaw mord defense is questionable as heck and I don’t really see the asiina case over, well, anyone else voting mord (like...well I actually see where rhjamiz is coming from with wording speculation, and tobbs is just a straight “my flavor contradicts this case”, but AA’s vote is a generic “this is anti town” and he’s not a fan of lumpen either.)

In fact ##vote AA that is a bad vote and a lack of reading context around mord’s “setup spec” posts directly answering other people’s questions

I think mord’s certainty is interesting because depending on how good and/or wine-y a player he is it’s either great (surface level,) dubious (level above, he’s liable to bus and slam androids as a scum android), garbage (predicting reactions and so performing an analysis that puts him in a good light either way, with one side (lumpen is town) kickstarting a “well why would scum go all in on lynching town for flavor reasons” train and the other being a generically good catch of scum), or unknown (good enough player that he can be operating on any level). My impression is that he’s entirely honest just by sheer weight of words on the subject, so town it is.

That part I bolded reads weird.

Are you saying I'm failing yo understand what Mord is saying, are you saying I'm not reading, are you saying questions have been asked of me that I haven't answered???

Clarify for me please.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
What have I generically called antitown

:allears:

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

GeneX posted:

The post you quoted to vote Mord for "setup spec and play that doesn't work towards a town victory, but plays at being useful (eg generic antitown, no actual specific actions or posts mentioned here)" was literally him responding to my question about his setup spec. That's context: you're building a "well he hasn't done anything protown and has done a lot of useless stuff" case on him by including specifically (and implicitly) an example of him directly responding to me, which...answering people's questions about your flavor/setup consideration post is setup spec in the abstract, sure, but in particular it reads as you being dishonest with what you're including in your "setup spec" accusation.

I had addressed the flavor casing as bad in my confirmation post which was a brief summary of my thoughts at that point in the game as I was catching up. Confirmation Post

Albeit briefly, I did address the speculation and what I specifically thought was bad about the flavor case in this post

quote:

Or if those words are too complicated: you ignored the context of "people (specifically me, but also multiple other people unless my memory is absolute garbage) asking for clarification and debating his post" when accusing him of only focusing on setup spec. You further accused him of "play that doesn't work towards a town victory, but plays at being useful" with is the equivalent of "he's generically antitown: he hasn't done anything particularly bad that I can mention, but he also hasn't helped, even if he looks like he's trying".
Rude.

quote:

I further see you being questioning of Lumpen and still going after Mord for lack of usefullness as iffy, as Mord's entire bit is a flavor case made against Lumpen. Sure, there's such a thing as bad casing, but him going after Lumpen in the first place (the first to do so, even!) is something I would expect you to consider when voting for him.

So I get what your saying now, but it's wrong for this reason:
My vote on Mord came 9 minutes after I had already called him out about set up speculation in my read. I didn't just pick and choose what looked like it fit.

The context is not lost on me. It is his response that I did not like.

I believe that it is a scum behavior to lead the game with setup speculation because it either, a. detracts from actual discussion OR b. is indicative of what others have suggested, setup knowledge that a town player would not likely have.

What I did not like about his response is that he makes speculation about the nature of this game based on a completely unrelated game ran by a different moderator, but worst of all the potential setup spec is heavily correlated with his own flavor theories.

----

However, without getting into OMGUS territory, I want to say it feels like you just clicked on the votes on Mord without reading the context therein to see what you could try to discredit.

I think that looks kind of shady.

----

WRT Lumpen.

I don't like how he claimed, but I don't see him living long either. Obstinate regarding potential alignment/role conversion mechanics to a game breaking fault. IF there is a cell killer who has a wincon to collect/kill/absorb/do something to the androids like Mord suggests, then they've painted a target on their back.

I feel like this night will bring us some much needed information regarding how flavor-solvable the game is.

----

I'd be willing to vote elsewhere, but I think Mord or Lumpen would be my main choices for the day.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Birdstrike posted:

Lumpen how do you feel about this from AA:

(that’s a selective edit but it’s sufficient for now)

It pings me a bit. I’m not sure what benefit there is to town by offering that info at this point in time.

It was my confirmation post.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

50 pounds of bread posted:

Mord wants to use the flavor argument. It's entirely possible there are town androids, but the majority of scum will be androids.

Mord can be wrong and town. Lumpen can be an android and town.

Putting it between the two is a false dichotomy. If you guys insist that is our decision I would rather vote lumpen. It's more likely that the mord part of this lynch is being pushed by scum.

I want to get asiina.

I agree with this.

I don't want to chase flavor at this point without seeing some flips, because I think that's bad...

BUT if we flipped Lumpen and he turned out to be town, I think Mord would also be town because of how everything is playing out. I also think the likelihood that a Cell 3P being in the game would skyrocket.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Mord has claimed an ability. Scum have abilities, but I'm willing to back off.

I think I see where fifty is coming from.

##unvote

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Crazyeyes posted:

Who would you most likely think to target?

While I am currently leaning town on you, this post is beyond stupid. In a role madness game, of course Mord would have some ability.

Why do you believe Xad so firmly?

I don't undertsand why Mord claimed so early. Deadline is a long way off. Doesn't sit right.

See previously taken stance about the game not necessarily being "role madness"

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

willie_dee posted:

I think having certainty about anything this early on is daft and a lot of words are getting posted about nothing, so I can understand the need for a recap because I haven't followed whats going on and I've been reading the posts!

If you've gotten that much, I think you're right on track.

You made a comment about experienced posters recognizing players post style and that can be a thing, but players also intentionally post differently or abuse their known "meta" to establish credibility too.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

willie_dee posted:

It does read that way but is that a bad thing? Why is forcing people to claim an issue if it gets the ball rolling early on when we have nothing else to go on.

People are generally wary of people who push others to claim and players who "rolefish", the "let us all claim to solve the game" phase usually happens a few game days in depending how things are going.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

People are generally wary of people who push others to claim and players who "rolefish", the "let us all claim to solve the game" phase usually happens a few game days in depending how things are going.

And by few, I mean near the end of the game.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Back on track with this thread: Gene I will just have to disagree with you hear. I don't really see how my vote and commentary comes across as insincere, but I don't think you look bad for it.

Admitting to the vote analysis without context is a town thing to confess to so I'm not too concerned about you atm.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Monathin posted:

Meta Arguments suck and are the worst part of Day 1 cases. That is my official opinion.

This should be stickied in every OP lol

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Xad posted:

I disagree, that would tell us that Androids are not town, most likely.

Right now we're assuming either Androids are town and scum team is Goku and friends, or that good guys are good guys and scum is some Androids or something.

If everyone who's claimed is telling the truth, I'm leaning towards the former, but pretty much any flip would tell us something unless it's 3p. Someone flipping Yamaha would tell us that the scum team is NOT Goku, Vegeta, etc

Didn't you claim an android?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Didn't you claim an android?

Never mind me, I haven't woken up yet.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Never mind me, I haven't woken up yet.

Oh no, wait, you definitely did.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Xad 3/24 12:37 AM US CT posted:

Yeah but what if...

I'm scum???

Xad 3/24 6:12 PM US CT posted:

I disagree, that would tell us that Androids are not town, most likely.

Right now we're assuming either Androids are town and scum team is Goku and friends, or that good guys are good guys and scum is some Androids or something.

If everyone who's claimed is telling the truth, I'm leaning towards the former, but pretty much any flip would tell us something unless it's 3p. Someone flipping Yamaha would tell us that the scum team is NOT Goku, Vegeta, etc

Xad 3/25 4:46 PM US CT posted:

Okay just got back so I can actually play mafia and if it helps everyone shut up about flavor until we have any flips, I'm Android 14, and town. I think it'd be really easy to setup a game with the "label 2 pigs 1 and 3, everyone starts searching for pig 2" thing, especially since the androids are numbered. I'd encourage everyone to completely disregard Lumpen's claim, because it could just as easily be a fakeclaim for scum. It's white noise.

And the last mafia game I was in with specific flavor literally had the main character as a fakeclaim for scum, so don't think it's impossible that "character x" isn't here.

It's not concrete, but I don't like the way Xad "counter-claimed" android flavor, discredits Lumpen's right away suggesting it is likely to be a fake claim.

There's also a problem with his Mord votes.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Xad posted:

##vote mord

Xad posted:

Gonna ##unvote cause shitposting has ended, also I hope that if someone is Android 13 that their wincon is to punch goku in the dick

Doesn't vote anyone else...

Xad posted:

Yeah I'm still phoneposting but I think I wanna ##unvote for now, Mord sounds like me when I argue about flavor, which makes me think he's town.

Don't feel good about lumpen, but I need to figure out if that's just how he posts or if there's actually something there

So made a joke vote on mord, cancels joke vote because of joke phase, talks about unvoting Mord because they think their flavor case is genuine.

Well, you weren't voting mord for their flavor case, and you had already unvoted.

Your 2nd unvote looks fake as hell.

##vote Xad

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Asiina posted:

I don't get this? The three posts you quote look like a logical progression to me.

Also this is really reaching.

lol what?

-Xad asked jokingly, "What if I'm scum"
-Xad suggests if yamcha flips town, then the androids are most likely scum.
-Xad claims an android

How is that a logical progression?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Xad is fishy.

I'll how with the vote stuff as reaching, but I think there is a disconnect on how he claimed and contests Lumpens claim given how he responded to Mord, and given that he knew he himself was an Android all along.

The first sentence in responding to mord makes very little sense in that context.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Xad is fishy.

I'll how with the vote stuff as reaching, but I think there is a disconnect on how he claimed and contests Lumpens claim given how he responded to Mord, and given that he knew he himself was an Android all along.

The first sentence in responding to mord makes very little sense in that context.

I'll go with

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
##vote 50 lol

• Locked thread