Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

In Training posted:

theres a version on xbox one now so its not longer n64 exclusive. the only 2d fighters that remain trapped on the original hardware are Rkaugakids and the blockbuster exclusive clayfighter 63 1/3 turbo edition or w/e

the Argentinians on Kalliera wouldn't be caught dead playing anything but the N64 version of Mortal Kombat Trilogy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Fighters Destiny is the one actually unquestionably good fighting game for N64

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

goferchan posted:

My dad took me to buy an N64 game when I was a kid and I wanted Harvest Moon 64 but he said it looked like a "girl's game" and suggested I get Clayfighter 63 1/2 instead
It's weird that you and bob3 have the same dad.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

I haven’t played N64 since I was a child so I don’t know how well these hold up but Rogue Squadron and Pokémon Stadium were my favorites that I haven’t seen mentioned yet.

fiber
Nov 18, 2012
Virtual Pro Wrestling 2

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

all the wrestling games on 64 were badass. also i remember bomberman 64 the second attack being super cool, but apparently thats a minority opinion. may be worth checking out though

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Rocket: Robot On Wheels.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Fungah! posted:

all the wrestling games on 64 were badass.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrrrU55vOUI

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Fungah! posted:

all the wrestling games on 64 were badass.
One of my cousins had some WWF game or another on his N64 and we spent tons of time making custom characters.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

me and a buddy spent a full day making 32 dudes in one of them and doing a full cpu controlled royal rumble to see who was best. gaming ftw

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

Wave Race 64

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Rocket: Robot On Wheels.

That game rules

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
battletanx isn't necessarily good, but it is bizarre and interesting enough to play for a few hours

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

Rogue Squadron

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

sector_corrector posted:

battletanx isn't necessarily good, but it is bizarre and interesting enough to play for a few hours

The multiplayer on that was actually pretty awesome.

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
Anyways you should emulate Glover and Iggy's Wreckin' Balls OP

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Check out Body Harvest and Mystical Ninja

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Sharkopath posted:

Check out Body Harvest and Mystical Ninja

Body harvest is probably one of the first open world games and its creators went to work on the 3d GTA games iirc.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

FactsAreUseless posted:

I skipped the Nintendo 64 and I've never gone back and revisited the games. I want to go back and catch what I missed. What should I play? My list so far:

Mario 64
Ocarina of Time
Majora's Mask
Ogre Battle 64

paper mario and starfox 64 are must plays on top of these. MM is my favorite 3d zelda to date, youre in for some awesome gaming

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Maybe it's changed since I last tried it but Paper Mario emulation was really really bad. Which is a shame bc it's such an amazing game

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

goferchan posted:

Star fox 64 might be the most perfect game

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

In Training posted:

Maybe it's changed since I last tried it but Paper Mario emulation was really really bad. Which is a shame bc it's such an amazing game
That'll suck, but I got Thousand Year Door working great with a program that will load disc images like they're GC discs on the Wii, so I at least have that.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

1000 Year Door is the rare sequel that does everything better than the original. The only other I can think of off the top of my head is Dark Cloud 2

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

thousand year door is a step up from 64 in pretty much every way, but 64 is still good. also its available on wii and wiiu eshops e: ^^ lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

FactsAreUseless posted:

That'll suck, but I got Thousand Year Door working great with a program that will load disc images like they're GC discs on the Wii, so I at least have that.

Nintendont? It owns because you can use virtual memory cards too and it even works on Wii U

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Nintendont? It owns because you can use virtual memory cards too and it even works on Wii U
Yeah. And you can do all the homebrewing a Wii does on a Wii U because it all works in the virtual Wii, I just had an old Wii sitting around in my closet and decided to use it, since it's easier to hook GC controllers to.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I dumped all my GC discs so I could play Metroid Prime/TTYD on the gamepad. It's a great thing to have.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

I dumped all my GC discs so I could play Metroid Prime/TTYD on the gamepad. It's a great thing to have.

You can play GC games on the gamepad with Nintendont? That's a drat game changer

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
also n64 is one of the systems you should have the actual controller for. you can map everything to a modern style pad but it's more awkward in practice than it might seem. maybe it's less bad if you've never played them with the original controller

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pablo Nergigante posted:

You can play GC games on the gamepad with Nintendont? That's a drat game changer

You can;t use the gamepad buttons to control them which is lame but its still cool

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
We should shift the topic to GameCube emulation since that's loving black magic and all the games run at 1080p 60fps on like a pentium 3. Let's hear all those great GameCube games.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

my morning jackass posted:

Body harvest is probably one of the first open world games and its creators went to work on the 3d GTA games iirc.

Yeah, it doesn't have the quality of a classic but it's worth checking out for the sake of history.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Star Wars: Rogue Leader is my poo poo.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Star Wars: Rogue Leader is my poo poo.

The first time you play battle of endor and see the number of ties coming at you...

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Cobalt Viper posted:

We should shift the topic to GameCube emulation since that's loving black magic and all the games run at 1080p 60fps on like a pentium 3. Let's hear all those great GameCube games.

Go ahead, I could use GC recs too.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

FactsAreUseless posted:

Star Wars: Rogue Leader (Rebel Strike is not as good but still ok, it has the full Rogue Leader campaign as co-op too)
Mario Kart: Double Dash is one of my favorite MK games

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

FactsAreUseless posted:

Pikmin is great

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Viewtiful Joe is one of those games I’ve been dying to go back to someday

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

both gamecube metroid prime games
killer7
super monkey ball
kirby air ride
f-zero GX
metal gear solid: twin snakes if you want to play a way easier metal gear solid ;)
RE4
Wind Waker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Fungah! posted:

metal gear solid: twin snakes if you want to play a way easier metal gear solid ;)

• Locked thread