Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«29 »
Roman Reigns is...
This poll is closed.
the NEW People's Champion 2 1.77%
the voice of the voiceless, the new CM Punk 11 9.73%
Vince McMahon's nemesis who Vince definitely doesn't favor in any way 19 16.81%
also wondering why there was a cameraman in the women's lockerroom 47 41.59%
THE BIG DOG! 34 30.09%
Total: 113 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Incessant Excess posted:

Not sure if you guys are joking but it's pretty obvious that the reason the rating has held up is that Braun's promo had the words appear on screen, retaining the deaf demo for the third hour.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

WWE would get instantly better if they overhauled their visual design. It's complete amateur hour with all the technical difficulties, missed shots, bad mixing, awful camera work, etc. it's a complete waste of the things they're actually good at, like video packages and set design

like all you have to do is watch Monday Night Football or really any sports broadcast to see how actual professionals do this type of thing

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

It's probably only going to get worse until they finally get rid of Kevin Dunn, unfortunately. Which probably won't happen till either he or Vince dies. And since Vince can't die....

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

Fundamentals as sound as the WNBA

Low Desert Punk posted:

WWE would get instantly better if they overhauled their visual design. It's complete amateur hour with all the technical difficulties, missed shots, bad mixing, awful camera work, etc. it's a complete waste of the things they're actually good at, like video packages and set design

like all you have to do is watch Monday Night Football or really any sports broadcast to see how actual professionals do this type of thing

I think their set design has been terrible since the switch to HD. Maybe in 2008 they felt they couldn't produce practical sets that looked good in HD, but the new set looks awful in HD. It probably would have looked great with the blur of a CRT though. A huge titantron is great, but some high resolution printed graphics or props would add a lot.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

I think their set design has been terrible since the switch to HD. Maybe in 2008 they felt they couldn't produce practical sets that looked good in HD, but the new set looks awful in HD. It probably would have looked great with the blur of a CRT though. A huge titantron is great, but some high resolution printed graphics or props would add a lot.

That could be fixed with creativity, but the McMahons want brand cohesion, not creativity.

It's the same reason why the belts all look the same, that sort of thing is like crack to people obsessed with corporate branding like the McMahons

Jiro
Jan 12, 2004

D.N. Nation posted:

Ruby needs to do the meow game on the mic tonight

Ruby is such an attractive lady. Granted her with short hair was also just as hot.

Phenix Rising
Oct 24, 2005

TOUGH GUUUUUY

Low Desert Punk posted:

The new Raw name graphics are good, but the sets have been boring forever. Whenever they rehash them it's just about putting a curve in a different place. That poo poo about adding the text on the screen during promos is so god drat amateur it hurts. Where did they even get such a terrible idea?

VJeff
Jun 2, 2011

#HEKNOWS
#SCOOPS
#IGNOREMYPOSTS

While we're talking about WWE's visual design, am I crazy or do they put a R I D I C U L O U S amount of makeup on literally every female wrestler?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Phenix Rising posted:

The new Raw name graphics are good, but the sets have been boring forever. Whenever they rehash them it's just about putting a curve in a different place. That poo poo about adding the text on the screen during promos is so god drat amateur it hurts. Where did they even get such a terrible idea?

GIFs?

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

VJeff posted:

While we're talking about WWE's visual design, am I crazy or do they put a R I D I C U L O U S amount of makeup on literally every female wrestler?

they do, and they're not very good at it either.

again, amateur hour

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

Fundamentals as sound as the WNBA

VJeff posted:

For TV production in a huge arena like that you almost have to. I don't think I've ever shot a model where we put too much on, no matter how over the top it looked once the lights were on it never registered that way.

On the other side of the coin Sheamus isn't nearly as pale as he looks on TV and the tanned wrestlers are ridiculously tanned.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They do makeup like a stage play because they don't really get in close very often.

When they do (or someone takes a selfie or something) then yeah it looks crazy.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

musicals are garbage

I just wish ppv's looked different from the weekly show.

a new study bible!
Feb 1, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

The_Rob posted:

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

The words on the screen are a channel changer for me, it's so loving embarrassing. I can't believe this made it onto a primetime television show in 2018.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

You don't like promos like this?

the titantron posted:

promos like this?

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

The mania pyro is gonna be blake and murphy each holding a pair of sparklers.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

The_Rob posted:

This has surprised me. They don't need to go back to the old days of making a new stage for every PPV. Just re-use stages each year. Backlash having the same stage isn't a big deal if we see it once a year.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Gavok posted:

*Brock wins the Moolah Battle Royal*

Roman: But this was a contest for women!

Heyman: Yeah, and my client beat their brains out.

Roman: Oh, I, I can't stand it any longer. This whole promotion is insane. Insane, I tell you! Daahh! Aaah! I can be lazy too! Look at me! Hi, I'm a worthless employee, just like Brock Lesnar! Give me a main event push! Ooh, I turn gross and purple at the drop of a hat, but nobody minds! I'm doing the same two moves for ten minutes straight. Give me a raise! Now I'm returning to work which means shuffling around like an idiot. But it doesn't matter, because I'm Brock Lesnar! I don't need to cut my own promos, 'cause someone else will do it for me. DANT! DANT-DA-DANT-DANT!

Brock: Hey, you okay, Leakee?

Roman: I'm better than okay. I'm Brock Lesnar.

Brock: Heh. You wish.

Roman: Oh, hi, Mr. McMahon! I'm the worst non-Khali worker in the world. Time to go home to my cabin and eat a deer. What's this? "Extremely High Voltage." Well, I don't need to sell because, because I'm Brock Lesn--

I know what I hate.

And I donít hate this.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

The_Rob posted:

I just wish anything looked different

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

plz remember that it was ~ME~ who told you that everything you like is actually really not good, because I knew all along.

MassRafTer posted:

If saying WWE is terrible and bad was a recipe for banning everyone in this thread would be banned.

I on the other hand like Roman Reigns, making me the third most positive person in here.

I love The Big Dog, and got an av bought for me saying how much I hate things immediately after posting that I liked a PPV 75% of everyone else here hated. idk where i rank :[

The_Rob posted:

I'd settle for them bringing back pyro for Kane, and the giant fist for SD

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

have braun swap brands and beat up people with the smackdown fist

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

If Braun is getting a comedy tag team reign they need to immediately rehire James Ellsworth as his partner

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

OctoberCountry posted:

If Braun is getting a comedy tag team reign they need to immediately rehire James Ellsworth as his partner

Can even re-use the Enzo spots where Braun just hurls Ellsworth at the opponents as a bludgeon.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Somehow, even with the baffling booking and whatnot, I still have been finding Raw worth watching. Little things like that interview with Vince where he says like The Rock used to say, know your role... and shut your mouth. That was epic to me, and it is crazy how long ago that was! (I was in 7th grade in 98-99). Plus Vince is referring to a guy who was once in the Corporation! It's continuity!

Welp, that's all I got. Also I like Rollins's fire pants lately, and Braun fighting The Bar is pretty entertaining. In general burying the tag-division (like one of the times Cena did it etc) is not a good thing, but he's booked like such a monster it feels more like Kane going on a rampage. And I find most of the tag division has been booked like jobbers to some degree at the moment, so this shake-up is entertaining.

Hopefully this ends with, if Sheamus needs to retire because of back stuff like people have speculated, Cesaro & Braun becoming best friends and ruling the tag-division for a year.

I don't find the women's division as entertaining on Smackdown, so Asuka moving to there is a negative in my book. Would've been cool for her to dominate Monday night for a long time. At least she'll probably beat Bliss next week, but I don't know where Raw's division will go. Heel Sasha could run it for a while, somehow save Bayley's booking and give it back to her some day?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Management thinks Sasha being unable to retain a title is a fun gimmick.

Also itís probably going to be Bayley they turn.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

plz remember that it was ~ME~ who told you that everything you like is actually really not good, because I knew all along.

Aphrodite posted:

Also itís probably going to be Bayley they turn.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

Abroham Lincoln posted:

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

1975 Campeones del Mundo de Completo
#ForzaFailrarri

I was really happy when HBK came back but the HHH feud was loving awful

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' YA'LL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Fun Shoe

Abroham Lincoln posted:

YER GONNA GET FISTED BY A MONSTER!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Abroham Lincoln posted:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

DoctorGonzo posted:

the HHH feud was loving awful

wwe.txt

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Upper midcard HHH vs The Rock was good! Wasnt that long ago was it? Also I enjoyed his feud with his balls, remember that during the football balls controversy, that was funny.

(Management said I shouldn't post this post, but hell...)

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

...And how appropriate, that the gif you grovel for is your very own. A victim of your own greed, wallowing in the muck of avarice...

Benne posted:

Release the pee belt

It's actually just Paige's old belt after it dried

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

RIP Shane

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Smackdown results added to the OP. It's a shame Shane is dead now but maybe it's for the best.

Lumberjack Bonanza
Feb 27, 2011

I'm turning you into a snail because I'm racist.

it was pretty hosed up how they made shane drink bone hurting juice at the end there but he really had it coming

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Shane is bad, goodbye Shane

Thanks for diving off that cage that one time

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Aphrodite posted:

They do makeup like a stage play because they don't really get in close very often.

When they do (or someone takes a selfie or something) then yeah it looks crazy.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned how deflated Bayley was when she was going to be called up to the main roster soon and was told she needed to learn how to cake on makeup.

Turns out, after years of going natural (or nearly natural), being told to become a doll feels bad!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

If you're gonna do it, do it with ~*~Axefaire~*~

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

it was pretty hosed up how they made shane drink bone book hurting juice at the end there but he really had it coming

oof ugh ouch my booking

• Locked thread
«29 »