Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Roman Reigns is...
This poll is closed.
the NEW People's Champion 2 1.77%
the voice of the voiceless, the new CM Punk 11 9.73%
Vince McMahon's nemesis who Vince definitely doesn't favor in any way 19 16.81%
also wondering why there was a cameraman in the women's lockerroom 47 41.59%
THE BIG DOG! 34 30.09%
Total: 113 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
ppl real mad about moolah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Abroham Lincoln posted:

moolah was a real bad person

yeah I am surprised it never came up before now really

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Gumball Gumption posted:

Remember when The Revival and DIY were putting on clinics? God has Raw made them look like poo poo.

Wait whats that

A big NXT talent criminally misused on RAW?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

I also like that they are giving Roman Reigns, the most protected and pushed guy in the company, the "rebellious outsider" gimmick

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

I wish they let the Miz/Reigns feud go on longer

Imagine letting the Miz off his leash to talk about someone like Reigns claiming they work hard for where they are and are the underdog

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Do it ironically posted:

i know vince is old but he's looking old now

Vince also got that really terrible old person plastic surgery where it doesn't make you look younger as much as it makes you kind of look like a burn victim with a reconstructed face

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

They need to keep Ronda off TV until they teach her how to make an angry face that doesn't look like a toddler being told she has to eat her vegetables

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

bloodysabbath posted:

There’s a pretty big difference between “person with awful opinions” and “literally pimped out women.”

and a pretty big difference between "person with awful opinions" and "straight up white nationalist"

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

so like is taker just gonna be all "nevermind I guess" about retirement?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

piss tape israel posted:

We also got Stephanie eating a spear out of it

Oh dip, they finally released the tape?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

The rumor backstage since basically post-last Mania was he was unhappy with his performance, felt he could do better, and wasn't against coming back

Cena probably won't be able to get a better performance out of him, new hip or no

I dunno, Cena is a loving master at low-impact WWE style matches

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

CubsWoo posted:

retirement is nice but somewhere close to 7 figures for 20 minutes of entrance and 20 minutes of quarter speed wrestling a year sounds nicer

I mean considering it probably takes him two months to recover from that 20 minutes it sounds less appealing

Cavauro posted:

The Undertaker is nearly broke, and has almost no money as well

Wait really? What happened?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

CrcleSqreSanchz posted:

Too many investments in the coal industry.

woooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

piss tape israel posted:

look at who you're replying to lol

Not sure what this means

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

you know, it occurred to me that the model I have found to finally enjoy WWE again is to only watch the PPVs

The weekly shows are basically pointless

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

What happens if Taker can't pass medical? Does WWE just pay them off?

If Rock could do two wrestlemanias pissing hot enough to melt the glass, Taker will be fine

I almost guarantee they don't give a poo poo for a one match performer

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

If Taker wasn't gonna wrestle Cena they would not have even dared hint it

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Karmine posted:

There's a difference between getting medically cleared and passing a drug test.

Well yeah but not when the company doesn't give a poo poo about either

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

I swear to christ the only wrestling storyline more played out than a michaels/jannety split is rogue babyface vs heel authority

I miss when authority figures were rarely seen old guys in suits who came out to establish punishments to the heels after they did something really bad by making em fight the face

Even Teddy "Tag Team" Long was a breath of fresh air

EDIT: In summary, I miss Jack Tunney

Mel Mudkiper fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Mar 13, 2018

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

FullMetalJackoff posted:

As we're all aware, abandoning the signature stage sets on PPVs and eliminating pyro were both done as cost cutting measures and to cover the cost of the HD entrance / set. Yet by doing so, it makes the product look cheap, bland and generic to both the hardcore fanbase and the satellite fan / casuals clicking past with attitude era rose-tinted glasses. Why should the average fair-weather wrestling fan give a poo poo (or ten bucks per month for a network sub) enough to invest their time watching the oversaturated weekly dosage of WWE programming, when it all looks (from an initial perception) like the same one hour recycled umpteen times but with a quick change of apron decal/rope colour and lighting filter?

Edit: But what do I know. I still think the shows looked infinitely better with the lights darkened over the crowd, instead of lighting up the arena like Christmas tree for everyone at home to see the tarped over rows of empty chairs.

I sincerely disagree that big gimmicky sets make the product look better

All the best drawing periods of wrestling have had minimal changes to sets. Big gimmicky sets is the definition of style without substance and does very little to improve the product to anyone watching

Honestly I think the consistent design looks significantly better from show to show as a casual viewer

Hell, getting rid of pyro has even improved the entrances. The post-pyro era has had way more unique and interesting entrances than the era of god pyro Edge and Batista

Mel Mudkiper fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Mar 14, 2018

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

walking to the ring is gonna be like going to bowser in Mario 64

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

the ramp is only wasteful if they don't send lil naich running down it

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Gonzo McFee posted:

I love that they're retreading "Big star isn't here but I'm here EVERY SINGLE NIGHT because I care about the fans" thing with Roman. Not just because it never works but because now they're doing it with a guy who's gimmick is that they don't care what the fans think because he's the BIG DOG.

The best thing is that you know its Vince being shoot mad about going back to the UFC and guarantees another WMXX debacle

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Roman Reigns on a phone in a backstage vignette

"Whats that, my cousin, Dwayne The Rock Johnson? You are just hanging out with Steve Austin and Ric Flair? And you are all just talking about how cool and strong I am? Whats that? You all think I am the best wrestler ever? Well shucks thank you, my cousin, Dwayne The Rock Johnson."

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

bradzilla posted:

It's fun to imagine happening in the main event of Wrestlemania, but the WMXX debacle was because Brock took WWE to court over the contract having such language as "can never work anywhere else in the entire world." We'll get IDGAF Brock, not gently caress You Brock, which will just make for a short and boring match, not the complete trainwreck of WMXX.

Brock at the end of his contract is always gently caress You Brock

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

Doesn't always have to be end of his contract, see Dean Mania match

Hell, his Goldberg rematch was indistinguishable from WMXX it just wasn't as big of a disaster because fans were used to it by now

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Incessant Excess posted:

They also mentioned another Superstar Shakeup on Raw this Monday, so presumably some Smackdown guys as well.

I thought the rumor was if they got Fox it would go back to being a single roster

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

speaking of which it cracks me that they keep talking about how the New Day are the first and only team to hold both the Raw and Smackdown tag team titles which is true only because they used to be called the WWE and World tag team titles

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Like, NJPW has made a pretty strong case that you have a modern wrestling promotion that is successful and has a stable champ.

The belt-hopping is an Attitude Era relic that I really don't like

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

piss tape israel posted:

So when did WWE exactly become obsessed with pushing "the brand" over the talent to such an irritating degree?

Probably as soon as the brand became bigger than the talent

There is not a single superstar who is a big enough name to work anywhere other than the WWE and make a dent in WWE's popularity

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

DoctorGonzo posted:

aj will get traded to raw to lose to the big dog

bow wow

Remember when they were trying to get Cena over when he first started becoming super toxic and they did it by having him beat Chris Benoit in a submissions match to prove he was "for real"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Man what broke ryback

• Locked thread