Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Roman Reigns is...
This poll is closed.
the NEW People's Champion 2 1.77%
the voice of the voiceless, the new CM Punk 11 9.73%
Vince McMahon's nemesis who Vince definitely doesn't favor in any way 19 16.81%
also wondering why there was a cameraman in the women's lockerroom 47 41.59%
THE BIG DOG! 34 30.09%
Total: 113 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Is Brock scheduled for next weeks show? I'm thinking Roman might stick it to the man and attack him despite his suspension, I guess it would make more sense on the go home show tho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
They tried to find what's likeable about Roman and "shows up for work" is the best they could come up with.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Not sure if you guys are joking but it's pretty obvious that the reason the rating has held up is that Braun's promo had the words appear on screen, retaining the deaf demo for the third hour.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
I hope Roman calls out Kevin and Sami for attacking the man that puts food on their table and wishes Shane a speedy recovery.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Feels Villeneuve posted:

WOR pointed out that if any other babyface in history had gotten suspended like that, they would have told the commissioner to shove the job up their rear end, but WWE doesn't want their wrestlers to seem bigger than the company lol

I think the idea is for Roman to attack Brock next week despite his suspension, granted he still shouldn't have just walked off with his tail between his legs this week but that should at least make it a bit better.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Brock/Goldberg was the best thing on that show, rivaled only by the Shane McMahon match.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
They also mentioned another Superstar Shakeup on Raw this Monday, so presumably some Smackdown guys as well.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
USA has them throughout 2018 I think, with a potential network switch happening in 2019. A long time to fill with feuds.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
I would love to see bikertaker so much.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

NowonSA posted:

A thought that just popped into my head was that if Shinsuke Snickers Nakamura wins at Wrestlemania it'd be fun to have him only want to put the title on the line against AJ since he's the only one he respects personally, or to put it another way the only one he wants to fight, so you could have about 3-4 PPV matches on the row between them on that basis without having to hotshot the belt around and invoke rematch clauses. Then Sami and Kevin could get pissed at how the main event scene is going and start teaming up against either Shinsuke Snickers Nakamura or AJ trying to straight up take them out like they just did to Shane, and that could lead to a fun fatal fourway for the title and probably Sami or Kevin getting the title there. And out of that mix hopefully we get a Nakamura/Sami feud since they had insane chemistry right off the bat in Nakamura's NXT debut, which granted they got to put on the more fun NXT style match and the crowd was insanely hot, but even half the magic of that match is more than we typically see.

Edit: Also I'd get a kick out of Bikertaker just because I'd enjoy seeing Taker get to do whatever he wants no matter how goofy it is. Let the man who got a supernatural gimmick that never should have worked on paper over go out for his last right using the more grounded gimmick that probably should have worked better than it did. Or to put it another way, if I was a new wrestler I'd much rather be the guy riding a bike to the ring than the guy making fake lightning bolts appear and messing around with an urn.

I really doubt AJ will be on SmackDown for long after Mania.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Big Spooky

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

DoctorGonzo posted:

aj will get traded to raw to lose to the big dog

bow wow

The AJ matches were by far Roman's best and at least AJ gets to main event a big PPV (Summerslam maybe?) this way, I'd be fine with this.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Bold idea having the Universal champ defend against the Cruiserweight champ but I like it!

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Wonder if they were hedging their bets by announcing it online before mentioning it on TV.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Snickers Nakamura told them to change the name or he's not gonna wrestle AJ.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
4.25 stars also seems a bit high for a multi man match no one will remember two weeks from now.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

BrigadierSensible posted:

A serious question: Does Roman have the name or brand recognition outside of the wrestling world that a Hogan/Micheals/Rock/Austin did? Do normal people know who he is the way they know who Cena is, or who Bret Hart was?.

It's tough to get any definitive measurements for this but I don't think Roman is as much of a star as Austin was during the attitude era.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
EDIT: nvm

Incessant Excess fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Mar 16, 2018

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Pretty harsh that the Jews had to wander the desert for the entire duration of Mania.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
I'd be shocked if the Cruiserweight match isn't on the pre-show, 205 live has completely disappeared off of TV.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
I consume most of my media through Kodi, sadly there doesn't seem to be a way to access NJPW through that.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Shaken it off enough to be available on PS4/Xbox One as well as Roku :shrug:

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
When you think soccer, you just think Qatar.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Feels Villeneuve posted:

It owned because they had to realize that there was no loving way everyone wouldn't immediately assume that Qatar bought the WC with shitloads of bribes, but everyone in the room simultaneously did the mental calculation that they'd all be dead soon, so who gives a poo poo about that

They are 100% aware and 0% give a poo poo.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
WWE should produce its own "United Passions" with Vince playing himself.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

I hope that's him erring on the side of caution because he doesn't want to exacerbate something right before Mania but still, bad news.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Sugar Blaster posted:

hahahaha okay dude.

Looks like this time Brock will be the one laughing in the corner.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

MassRafTer posted:

Did you all expect him to say "I'll piss my pants, sir!"

He could easily have said something non committal like "I'm not afraid of Brock no matter what, I'm walking out champion etc.". Better question is what sorta outlet asks a ludicrous question like that in the first place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

MassRafTer posted:

So you think it would be less ridiculous for him to say he will beat Brock in a shoot fight than he will fight back. OK!

I do think him saying that he will somehow find a way to win the match regardless of what Brock does is less ridiculous than him implying he can go toe to toe with Lesnar. :shrug:

• Locked thread