Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Matt Zerella posted:

ok, if you stick with the federal level, sure there aren't many. but go to the state level and prepare to die. all that being said, lamb isn't a blue dog. if we go with a recent example, doug jones is blue dog as gently caress.

but painting the dems as pro union is still laughable. even ones who seem good are pretty neoliberal when it comes to them and try to kneecap them whenever possible in the name of the free market.

ok fair enough

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

tekz posted:

whats he said about healthcare

"Obamacare is good: Fix obamacare" basically

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

euphronius posted:

blue dog dems don't exist anymore in the house and barely in the senate. arguable not

blue dogs were wiped out in 2010 but if the democrats sweep the house in 2018 they will re-appear because a lot of them will be elected in conservative leaning districts

that being said a "conservative" democrat today would be significantly to the left of the "conservative" democrat pre-2010 I think

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

Grimoire posted:

No. He is not more conservative on social issues than the avg dem, he is strongly pro labor and pro tariff due to running in steel country. Which, by the by is the opposite of the blue dog "free trade, pro-business" position.

Are you trying to be wrong?

not nesessarily, ike skelton was a pretty iconic blue dog and he was against reagan/bush tax cuts for unions etc but against abortion/for guns/pro-military

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ike_Skelton#Fiscal_issues

Typo has issued a correction as of 21:04 on Mar 14, 2018

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

close thread
change title to "turdfuzz was right"
gas

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
https://twitter.com/gabrielwinant/status/973975571716853760

no wonder lamb is pro labor :stare:

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:
did anyone notice that Succzone has a moustache

what the hell

Preston Waters
May 21, 2010

by VideoGames

you're extremely ignorant about this but please continue to show it

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

BarronsArtGallery posted:

you're extremely ignorant about this but please continue to show it

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

gabriel winant rules

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

we weren't exactly deep appalachia west virginia levels of labor rights battles but there was a lot of wild poo poo in the state's history, yeah

i shitpost about it but i honestly do like my state and i can't really imagine living anywhere else in the country except the pacific northwest

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
I mean

Pinkertons tried to lay siege to Homestead when the steelworkers seized it and then got their poo poo wrecked with massive casualties

the molly maguires were actively murdering bosses and managers in anthracite coal country for decades

PA has plenty of violent labor history

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Clarice do you hear the Lamb

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

GalacticAcid posted:

I mean

Pinkertons tried to lay siege to Homestead when the steelworkers seized it and then got their poo poo wrecked with massive casualties

the molly maguires were actively murdering bosses and managers in anthracite coal country for decades

PA has plenty of violent labor history

i can get behind labor bringing these practices back

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
also the Klan tried to march through Carnegie, PA (also in PA-18) in the 20s and got lit up by Irish confetti and somebody opened fire and killed a klansman :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Turdfuzz posted:

close thread
change title to "turdfuzz was right"
gas

this but every thread in every forum

• Locked thread