Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«4 »
  • Locked thread
Caganer
Feb 15, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

This really cool and good travel video is plugging... Oregon?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXRBLyQQ78A

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson
Jun 26, 2005

Feels good man.

Oregon sounds lovely

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

Oregon sounds lovely

oregon sounds real good and if i could snag a job id move to portland

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

hoot hoot motherfucker

it's a well made video.

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

hoot hoot motherfucker

counterpoint however, gently caress oregon.

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

it's not your fault

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

BIRD CREW

That's a v pretty video

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson
Jun 26, 2005

Feels good man.

Why does the giant rabbit have herpes? Itís creeping me out.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

We will make everything... Metal

Not shown: every meth-addicted mentally ill homeless person in Portland

Pawn 17
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Grimey Drawer

I used to live in Oregon as an anime and that video is very accurate.

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

are the homeless in portland worse than sf?

i used to live in a condo above the embarcadero bart and twice i basically went from being panhandled to mugged

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

Buglord

Caganer posted:

i used to live in a condo above the embarcadero bart and twice i basically went from being panhandled to mugged

About the same, but in Oregon you're allowed to carry a gun

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

What the fuck am I even saying?

Caganer posted:

whole lotta meth in both towns but you can spend entire days walking around Portland without stepping in human poo poo or being jerked off on

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

Buglord

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

whole lotta meth in both towns but you can spend entire days walking around Portland without stepping in human poo poo or being jerked off on

Well, most of htem do...

quote:

Security video on the train captured Christian drinking from a large container full of purple liquid that he later identified as Sangria wine, according to the affidavit.

Frightened by his outburst, Desiree Mangum and her friend moved to the back of the train. She told KPTV that a stranger intervened, telling Christian he couldn't disrespect the girls in such a way.

"Then they just all started arguing," Mangum said.

The following chronology comes from the affidavit:
Videos from the train camera and a passenger's phone showed Christian "making a sudden move" toward one of the victims, Taliesin Myrddin Namkai-Meche, 23, of Portland, who responded by standing up, according to the deputy prosecutor's affidavit. Christian was standing very close to Namkai-Meche's face and shouted, 'Oh, do something b****."
Another passenger, Micah Fletcher stood up, too.
"Do something!" Christian shouted as he appeared to pull a folded knife from his pocket that he concealed in his hand, the affidavit said.
Fletcher shoved Christian so hard the suspect lost his balance. Fletcher told Christian to get off the train, according to the affidavit.
"Hit me again," Christian replied.
Video showed Christian swinging his arm and -- in one motion -- opening the knife and stabbing Fletcher in the neck. Christian next stabbed Namkai-Meche twice in the neck, the affidavit stated.
Ricky John Best, 53, of Happy Valley moved forward to intervene and was stabbed in the neck. Christian pushed Best into Namkai-Meche, who was seated trying to stop the bleeding from his wound. He then stabbed both men again, according to the affidavit..

Crazyweasel
Oct 29, 2006
lazy

How come it didnt show the gjndam that will protect from NK nukies??

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots

Buglord

Watashi wa Eugene Oregon

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

i didnt see any panty shots :-/

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

That Robot posted:

Watashi wa Eugene Oregon

same

it's only slightly exaggerated, as you can see

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Well, most of htem do...

so someone hit him on a train and he stood his ground? good for him!

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Hector Beerlioz posted:

i didnt see any panty shots :-/

it's oregon not japan.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

Buglord

Caganer posted:

so someone hit him on a train and he stood his ground? good for him!

Agreed.

Sadly, the wannabe tough-guy who tried to defend the lady's honor survived, while the random bystanders died. Typical

zaepg
Dec 25, 2008

Nice video

Meredith Baxter-Burnout
Jul 4, 2003

Let the KIDS!!! eat what they want!..LOL..Come on out to Doobie's!

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Agreed.

Sadly, the wannabe tough-guy who tried to defend the lady's honor survived, while the random bystanders died. Typical

Everyone should have had guns.

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Meredith Baxter-Burnout posted:

Everyone should have had guns.

what if it was 1 guy with 6 knives

UltraRed
Apr 9, 2005

red balloons + sunshine

Fun Shoe

Now that anime is real, how do we check our power level?

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

I call dibs on being goku

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

Anime is for pedophiles, except for Dragonball and G Gundam.

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

UltraRed posted:

cycling, weed, or asking your friend who's a dj

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

In a world gone mad,
we will not spank the monkey,
but the monkey will spank us.

UltraRed posted:

Pull out your dipstick.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

thats a cool video op thank you for posting it

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

Colonel, trust me.

That's a really great video

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

i'm glad people liked the video. i want to go to oregon now and take a catbus filled with methheads to the marijuana store

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

dads friend steve posted:

I call dibs on being goku

Dibs on Kenshiro atatatatatatattata

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

Grimey Drawer

my best friend is a carpenter and woodsman type guy, n is planning on buying a small piece of land in oregon that has this river going thru it and hes going to just quit his job and move there and do odd jobs and grow food he says. he says whats the pt of working all the time, for what? what are you saving for or doing this for? to live? when you're done? which is when? never? when you're super old? why not just live now, while you're alive. i think hes got a good pt. i hope he succeeds, and i will miss him.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

the ad is kinda dumb but hell, I would watch a movie set in anime oregon

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Smythe posted:

my best friend is a carpenter and woodsman type guy, n is planning on buying a small piece of land in oregon that has this river going thru it and hes going to just quit his job and move there and do odd jobs and grow food he says. he says whats the pt of working all the time, for what? what are you saving for or doing this for? to live? when you're done? which is when? never? when you're super old? why not just live now, while you're alive. i think hes got a good pt. i hope he succeeds, and i will miss him.

the only thing that stops me from doing this is the worry that 5 years in ill get rear end cancer, have no insurance, and die. gotta at least save up enough to pay for insurance

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

What the fuck am I even saying?

Smythe posted:

this kind of thing sounded really rad to me until one of my uncles tried it and rapidly discovered if he ever left the house to like, buy groceries or anything the neighbors would instantly rob it

guys ripped the dang copper out of the walls after he spent like two weeks out of town and lol if you think hick nowhere cops are gonna give a poo poo

living on your own way out in the country would be nice if you were ever actually on your own, there's a reason country folk hate everybody and shoot anyone who trespasses on their property

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at Mar 13, 2018 around 20:20

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

ensign dwarf, set a course for getting blitzed the fuck out

warp factor nine

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

Oregon sounds lovely

it's terrible. don't move here. tell all your friends

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

Grimey Drawer

That sucks. Maybe install an obelisk of light or tesla coil. Well c.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

this kind of thing sounded really rad to me until one of my uncles tried it and rapidly discovered if he ever left the house to like, buy groceries or anything the neighbors would instantly rob it

guys ripped the dang copper out of the walls after he spent like two weeks out of town and lol if you think hick nowhere cops are gonna give a poo poo

living on your own way out in the country would be nice if you were ever actually on your own

my dad had a hunting camp at one point

at one point some new guy moved into the area and camps started being broken into. mostly city people's who only came up to hunt, but people were pissed cause he was also doing dumb poo poo like leave doors open so weather and animals get in which was viewed as a dick move even when robbing city folks.

one day the guy everyone knew was doing it came back and his house after a hunting trip out of town and well had been blown up with friggin dynamite. (this was back when you could be like "uhhh i have a... uhhh... tree stump" and buy the poo poo with cash if it was under a certain amount)

weirdly nobody heard or saw anything

he moved away

• Locked thread
«4 »