Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«2 »
  • Locked thread
Lost Season
Nov 28, 2013

Boston @ Carolina
Dallas @ Montreal
Ottawa @ Tampa
Winnipeg @ Nashville
Colorado @ Minnesota
Edmonton @ Calgary
LA @ Arizona

Marchand is back, has scored, now has 3 straight 30 goal seasons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JoelJoel
Nov 4, 2011

Ahahaha, pateryn
E: uh, I mean, faksa

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

oh good, it's "3-goals-allowedskiy" tonight

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

Hendricks and now Stastny both out for tonight

Matthias has to play without even taking the morning skate

Hutch starting

still no Trouba, Scheifele, Kulikov, Lowry

Lost Season
Nov 28, 2013

dammit

JoelJoel
Nov 4, 2011

Lekonen scores on lethonen. Lol

iospace
Apr 20, 2020

Fun Shoe

Fiala!

iospace
Apr 20, 2020

Fun Shoe

Holy crap the Jets look listless.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

jesus christ this might be the worst period of hockey any team has played all season

and it's only six minutes in

apophenium
Apr 13, 2009

I am a real boy.

I'm at the lightning game and why are they losing

iospace
Apr 20, 2020

Fun Shoe

Watson!

iospace
Apr 20, 2020

Fun Shoe

FBS posted:

jesus christ this might be the worst period of hockey any team has played all season

and it's only six minutes in

You had to say something didn't you.

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Destiny.

Lmfao @ Nashville PK/WNPG PP.

iospace
Apr 20, 2020

Fun Shoe

ARVY ARVY ARVY

Siroc
Oct 10, 2004

Ray, when someone asks you if you're a god, you say "YES"!

That was our most successful powerplay of the season.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Iím fully turgid for Nashville

Lost Season
Nov 28, 2013

boy howdy its hard to overstate how important bergeron and mcavoy are defensively to the bruins

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

~~ smooches ~~

Man what happened to Hutchinson, he makes Pavelec look competent.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.

Gravy Boat 2k

Jesus Christ, Preds.

Siroc
Oct 10, 2004

Ray, when someone asks you if you're a god, you say "YES"!

Is Hutchinson the normal backup goalie for the Jets? I think not with only two games played, right?

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

~~ smooches ~~

Siroc posted:

Is Hutchinson the normal backup goalie for the Jets? I think not with only two games played, right?

He fell down the depth chart when the Jets signed Mason.

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011

I'm not fat I'm big buffed

Jets just being goons now I love it

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

MILLER

Hey some life

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

~~ smooches ~~

ping

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

I am dreaming of a life where Kari Lehtonen doesn't appear before me anymore.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Get hosed, Dallas.

Just go gently caress yourselves.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.

Who is making all the goalies that go to Dallas suck?

JoelJoel
Nov 4, 2011

Shinjobi posted:

Get hosed, Dallas.

Just go gently caress yourselves.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

just isn't our year, is the way things are looking right now

Dallas went most the year with the best expected goal differential in the league, largely driven by their amazing defensive play, but they aren't even playing good defense anymore, to go along with only scoring 1 goal a game on average.

They just didn't get enough points when they were available, and now the schedule is brutal. I'd be surprised if they got much past 90.

Lost Season
Nov 28, 2013

apophenium
Apr 13, 2009

I am a real boy.

Sens please stop scoring

Lightning please score more

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Marc Methot gets hurt again

Hanzal out for the season

Bishop gets hurt by his own teammate (Dan Hamhuis strikes again)

Injuries happen, but in Methot and Hanzal's cases I'd be shocked if they've played even half of the games this season. Add to that doing gently caress all at the trade deadline, with the sudden meltdown and struggles with winning a game in regulation, and Kari Lehtonen being his same unclutch rear end I am at wit's loving end with the Dallas Stars. Hey, maybe they still make the playoffs! Hey, maybe they won't get swept! I think it'd be unfair to blame Hitch after only a season, but jesus christ send Jim Nill anywhere else. This has been a "Shinjobi is kneejerking himself one step closer to death" post, thank you for your time.

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Well I guess if you're going to pick a night to wet fart your way around, might as well do it the same night Boston is doing the same.

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

"I believe I did, Bob."

that alzner fight was sure a thing

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

JT MILLER HAT TRICK

Wasted on this game

JoelJoel
Nov 4, 2011

Lol, Niemi.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

Shinjobi posted:

Injuries happen, but in Methot and Hanzal's cases I'd be shocked if they've played even half of the games this season. Add to that doing gently caress all at the trade deadline, with the sudden meltdown and struggles with winning a game in regulation, and Kari Lehtonen being his same unclutch rear end I am at wit's loving end with the Dallas Stars. Hey, maybe they still make the playoffs! Hey, maybe they won't get swept! I think it'd be unfair to blame Hitch after only a season, but jesus christ send Jim Nill anywhere else. This has been a "Shinjobi is kneejerking himself one step closer to death" post, thank you for your time.

It's been the same inaction for every year with Nill. He makes a couple of big moves in the offseason, sign some depth veterans, and then sits on his rear end for 11 months until the draft happens - even though he obviously sees that the roster is lacking in some areas.

It's been 5 years of watching teams like Chicago and Nashville actively try to improve their rosters during the seasons by constantly by making depth trades, picking up guys off the waiver wire, signing free agents during the season.. we don't do any of that. If a player on one of those two teams gets hurt, they don't just call up the next guy on the list from the AHL even if he's not ready, they do something about it.

I've said this before but if Nill somehow keeps his job after the Stars miss the playoffs this year.. it is really inexplicable. missing the playoffs 3/4 years with prime age Benn / Seguin / Klingberg should not be possible.

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Can you score 2 more goals JT Miller

JoelJoel
Nov 4, 2011

MononcQc posted:

that alzner fight was sure a thing

After a dozen punches to the head he figured out he could defend himself. He's learning!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Geez this game is dumb

• Locked thread
«2 »