Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«122 »
Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

Ensign, raise the beariscope.

Galaga Galaxian posted:

My own stupid pubbie moment today: Entering a cave with a Driller right behind me, getting plucked off the floor by a cave leech and seeing the Driller, who was right behind me and should have definitely saw me get grabbed, or at least heard me, immediately run off to mine some nearby gold while the leech slowly chewed me to death.

Count yourself lucky they didn't finish with that gold, turn around, and run right back into the leech to "save" you.

I actually had some good games tonight! Multiple Haz 4s that ran smooth as butter, including a tyrant weed. In my last one, all three team members were very, very excited about beer ingredients. I've never had so many platform requests spammed at me for a malt star, and I'm not mad about it.

Also, after bringing up the rear while a driller tunneled to the drop pod, I am fully converted to triple line breach cutter (jury's still out on taking line width over quick open, though). I had steve and a turret plugging the hole behind us and was just shooting what came through, and I may as well not have bothered with the first two. I also learned that glyphid guards on haz4 can eat a wave of breach cutter and keep going. I'm used to having that poo poo melt anything smaller than a praetorian, so seeing several of them charge on through it was unsettling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

Galaga Galaxian posted:

My own stupid pubbie moment today: Entering a cave with a Driller right behind me, getting plucked off the floor by a cave leech and seeing the Driller, who was right behind me and should have definitely saw me get grabbed, or at least heard me, immediately run off to mine some nearby gold while the leech slowly chewed me to death.

Gay Rat Wedding
Sep 14, 2011

Taco Defender

Iím sure itís just a matter of a millimeter difference in range, but more than once Iíve been grabbed by a cave leech while reviving someone who was downed by totally unrelated bugs after they spent several seconds running around directly under the leech, which did not attempt to grab them, and itís made me wonder if they actually have sneaky AI to wait on trying to grab because itís uncanny how well this works out for them

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

I soloed my first Deep Dive today. No one joined my game during the whole first stage, and it was smooth as butter, so I just kept on rolling. What I learned from this experience is that Bosco is the only teammate I can truly rely on.

Point extraction + kill a dreadnought + shield disruption was pretty intense, though.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!

Nap Ghost

Unsinkabear posted:

I soloed my first Deep Dive today. No one joined my game during the whole first stage, and it was smooth as butter, so I just kept on rolling. What I learned from this experience is that Bosco is the only teammate I can truly rely on.

Point extraction + kill a dreadnought + shield disruption was pretty intense, though.

You can only join in a deep dive before it starts and it locks out joining once you start. So that'd be why Bosco was your best bud.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

dscruffy1 posted:

You can only join in a deep dive before it starts and it locks out joining once you start. So that'd be why Bosco was your best bud.

Ahhh, okay. I read somewhere else that people could still join during the first stage, but it locks out after that.

«122 »