Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I got tired of Firefox bug regressions so I installed this thing

looks like it can use chrome extensions right out of the box

let’s see how long it takes me to notice the difference

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pram
Jun 10, 2001
pity bump

Themage
Jul 21, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
nice self own

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

op, i will stand by your side proud and strong, for i am a vivaldi user

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

im edging

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Vivaldi is chrome with some dumb garbage on top, hth

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

HoboMan
Nov 4, 2010

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

Vivaldi is [...] some dumb garbage [...], hth

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
webkit is the section 8 housing of browsers.

HoboMan
Nov 4, 2010

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

webkit is the section 8 housing of browsers.

HoboMan
Nov 4, 2010

mpre like webpoo poo, lol amirite?

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
there was this racist piece of shit in your av so I fixed it
you're welcome
pay it forward~
Vivaldi is the best web browser these days, because all web browsers are poo poo

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

yeah its chrome but with all (most?) of the google taken out. thats why i find it acceptable

although it slows to a crawl after being left open for awhile. there are no good browsers though

i was excited about the new firefox but it sucks too. rip

AtomD
May 3, 2009

Fun Shoe
im using vivaldi right now op

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

is that the tor browser

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

Raluek posted:

although it slows to a crawl after being left open for awhile. there are no good browsers though

makes sense, Vivaldi is spanish for “doesn’t go”

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
there was this racist piece of shit in your av so I fixed it
you're welcome
pay it forward~
in 2018, the majority of the world will be using browsers based off KDE's KHTML, guessed no one ever

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis
Firefox is the only good browser

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Considering how important web browsing is you'd think someone would make one that isnt a piece of crap

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Raluek posted:

i was excited about the new firefox but it sucks too. rip

what happened? like 5-6 months ago iirc a bunch of the 'pos was praising that firefox is good again after being worse than bad for 10 years

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Xaris posted:

what happened? like 5-6 months ago iirc a bunch of the 'pos was praising that firefox is good again after being worse than bad for 10 years

it was kinda crashy and wonky (display issues, fonts maybe?), plus they have been making decisions that lead me to believe that they dgaf about user privacy. like that mr robot tie in extension for example

idk i want to like it but i wasnt thrilled and everyone else seemed to be having issues, so i stopped using it quickly. i was mainly interested cause they werent an advertising company, but then they started pulling their own shenanigans so i was out

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

Alpha Mayo posted:

Vivaldi is the best web browser these days, because all web browsers are poo poo

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Raluek posted:

it was kinda crashy and wonky (display issues, fonts maybe?), plus they have been making decisions that lead me to believe that they dgaf about user privacy. like that mr robot tie in extension for example

i have never heard of this.
https://www.theverge.com/2017/12/16/16784628/mozilla-mr-robot-arg-plugin-firefox-looking-glass

oh my god that is dumb.

just use chrome, you idiots.

HoboMan
Nov 4, 2010

akadajet posted:

sure, if you want to let google dictate web standards. they are well known for stable and well documented products

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

firefox is the best browser
safari is alright
chrome is alright if you think "well i have nothing to hide" :smug:

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Alpha Mayo posted:

in 2018, the majority of the world will be using browsers based off KDE's KHTML, guessed no one ever

no one except stebe

Pumprag
Jan 29, 2013

Waterfox: Like Firefox but without the privacy stuff

HoboMan
Nov 4, 2010

Pumprag posted:

sign me upppp!!!!

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Pumprag posted:

it's not called iceweasel anymore?

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

quote:

yeah google is just going to get all my personal info anyway, I should just make it easy for them 🙄

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

satisfied with Vivaldi so far. it’s fast and being able to steal chrome plugins owns. I forget what opera features I used to use but I’m sure I’ll find them. hope I don’t run into any show stopper bugs

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Silver Alicorn posted:

yeah google is just going to get all my personal info anyway, I should just make it easy for them 🙄

enjoy your broken off-brand browser then, i guess.

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

Silver Alicorn posted:

satisfied with Vivaldi so far. it’s fast and being able to steal chrome plugins owns. I forget what opera features I used to use but I’m sure I’ll find them. hope I don’t run into any show stopper bugs

mouse gestures, op. really good mouse gestures. also a bunch of options for handling tabs.

Vivaldi isn't perfect but again every browser sucks so overall I'm happier with vivladi's warts than chrome or the new garbage version of Firefox

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

the only people that don't like the new Firefox are mad their custom anime addons no longer work

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene
closed source

dumb

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

how's your new chome op

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

not bad Kaz

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

good to hear

for real though I've been wondering if it's worth switching to vivaldi since the backend is similar enough to chrome that the rendering shouldn't be any different and the frontend is really what matters

but the whole ordeal of switching browsers :effort:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

Kazinsal posted:

good to hear

for real though I've been wondering if it's worth switching to vivaldi since the backend is similar enough to chrome that the rendering shouldn't be any different and the frontend is really what matters

but the whole ordeal of switching browsers :effort:

i had an easier time switching from firefox to vivaldi than when i switched from opera to firefox. i used opera for 10 years. :rip:

• Locked thread