Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
To be at the very top in the world of gaming you need some accessories to help you get there. Here is the Imp Zone thread about important gaming accessories for any true gamer.

My list:

I've been in no less than 14 situations where I would have been screwed without these

This one's a no-brainer for those of you that leave your Gamecube on a basement floor that's prone to 1" floods

This one's a must for any true gamer

Unlike the SP, the OG model has no way to protect the screen, making the pocket a no-no. Solve that issue with this accessory

Put a cup for quarters in front of this fuckin' thing and you've got yourself an arcade version of Shantae

Please post some essential gaming accessories I might have missed. Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

ESSENTIAL for vr gaming

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

My mom got this plastic case that snapped over an nes controller and turned the dpad into a thumbstick cause she thought it was more comfortable. I didn't really care for it but it snapped on really tightly and I couldn't remove it.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
a nice chair or couch and something to keep all the wires neat (they sell special things for this but i just use electrical tape) especially if you have 3 consoles plugged in like me

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I.N.R.I posted:

a nice chair or couch and something to keep all the wires neat (they sell special things for this but i just use electrical tape) especially if you have 3 consoles plugged in like me
Having a good chair makes a big difference, I hosed up my back sitting on a lovely couch for a marathon gaming session.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Never forget the importance of sitting up straight and staying hydrated.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
Adderall - old school, meet new school. level up your play with a few of these and you'll be ready for any boss

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

mtn dew game fuel and cheetos

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

FactsAreUseless posted:

Having a good chair makes a big difference, I hosed up my back sitting on a lovely couch for a marathon gaming session.

ya try to keep a good posture when you're gaming, no slouching

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

700 dollar racecar chair
500 dollar shure mic with 100 dollar baffle
Green construction paper behind you
Several hundred to thousand dollars of funko pops (gotta have my pops)

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

mysterious loyall X posted:

700 dollar racecar chair

dont leak my setup

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Neurotic Roleplay posted:

mtn dew game fuel and cheetos

Cashews of Chaos ain't got nothing on pizza flavor tho

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W85-NpLMbkc

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

mysterious loyall X posted:

700 dollar racecar chair

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I had a chuckle imagining extreme esports branded Gam3r Gloves so I googled it and they're a real thing

https://www.thegamergloves.com

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I had a chuckle imagining extreme esports branded Gam3r Gloves so I googled it and they're a real thing

https://www.thegamergloves.com
If you are serious about gaming and want to step up your competitive advantage, you'll want to check out this limited time opportunity to win a CORE backpack along with a pair of Gamer Gloves (GG's) https://www.thegamergloves.com which give you the precise touch we've only dreamed about... and allowing longer time to play. You can win both of these great prizes by liking this post, entering 2 friends' names in the comments, and checking out the CORE backpack on KICKSTARTER!

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The Gamer Gloves are a form-fitting, breathable glove that allows you to maintain the ultimate control over your gaming by offering strong grips.

The material of the glove was designed so you can play in cool and warm temperatures. The glove is designed so any sweat will be wicked away keeping you in full control, which would normally cause the controller to slip and slide in your hands. Additionally, the compression design of the gloves will keep blood flow moving throughout your hands increasing the feel and reaction time for cold handed gamers.

Overall, the gloves will offer you comfort, intense control, and can be used for different styles of gaming. It’s time to take your GAM3 to the next level.

Gloves on, GAME On!

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I saw these at Best Buy a few weeks ago

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/gunnar-eyewear-gunnar-gaming-eyewear-intercept-onyx-frame-onyx-black/6621636.p?skuId=6621636

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
I've been using this to play Braid

Dominate your opposition with the Avenger

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I don't see how it could make Braid control any worse

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
It makes it better, that's why I use it

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2iy8W3Cc3x4

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

I had a computer chair that was just shorter than it should have been and having to keep my shoulder raised just slightly for long periods of time to grip the mouse did horrible things to my shoulder and upper back. Sit comfortably imps

HELLBITCH
Sep 15, 2017

bad at posting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSXofLK5hFQ

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

HolePisser1982 posted:

Adderall - old school, meet new school. level up your play with a few of these and you'll be ready for any boss

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
the free gloves nintendo sent out so you dont make a hole in your hand playing mario party 1

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Controller for Clock Tower?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Unexpected Raw Anime posted:

I had a computer chair that was just shorter than it should have been and having to keep my shoulder raised just slightly for long periods of time to grip the mouse did horrible things to my shoulder and upper back. Sit comfortably imps

My chair at work won't stay up so I spend 8 hours a day sitting nearly shoulder level with my entirely too tall desk. The office manager is supposed to do things like order new chairs when that happens but since in the coming months they're remodeling the office she refuses. It's been loving my shoulder up for months now.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Len posted:

My chair at work won't stay up so I spend 8 hours a day sitting nearly shoulder level with my entirely too tall desk. The office manager is supposed to do things like order new chairs when that happens but since in the coming months they're remodeling the office she refuses. It's been loving my shoulder up for months now.

sorry but this is like some bartleby the scrivener poo poo . dont cripple yourself permanently just because youd rather shrink away from the smallest hurdles you encounter in life .. bring a chair from home or a cushion or something and tell your boss its because your chair doesnt work and you dont want to ruin your body

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I.N.R.I posted:

sorry but this is like some bartleby the scrivener poo poo . dont cripple yourself permanently just because youd rather shrink away from the smallest hurdles you encounter in life .. bring a chair from home or a cushion or something and tell your boss its because your chair doesnt work and you dont want to ruin your body

This.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

I.N.R.I posted:

i think the complete opposite

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

getting injured at work and then being supported by a meagre damages payout for the rest of your life ftw

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Unexpected Raw Anime posted:

I had a computer chair when I was in junior high that I farted in for 17 hours a day to the point where it would still smell like farts hours after I had stopped farting and when my brother played Goldeneye with his friends the loser had to smell the seat

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

trying to jack off posted:

getting injured at work and then being supported by a meagre damages payout for the rest of your life ftw

In America you have to pay them for that, depending on your job.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Wormskull posted:

In America you have to pay them for that, depending on your job.

truly gods country

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

absolutely anything posted:

the free gloves nintendo sent out so you dont make a hole in your hand playing mario party 1

Def got a huge blister on my palm day 1 from MP

Also ended up loving up one of my controllers

redm
Feb 20, 2016

Sugartime Jones

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

I had a computer chair when I was in junior high that I farted in for 17 hours a day to the point where it would still smell like farts hours after I had stopped farting and when my brother played Goldeneye with his friends the loser had to smell the seat

essential

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

Controller for Clock Tower?

http://miyazaworks.jp/scissors_the_that_than/

• Locked thread