Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

Thats three of ours innit...to one of yours. You know mate I really think we ought to even up the average!
I thought that Baltimore took a WR in the first round.I was so glad that they didn't since my first choice fell straight to us.
So thanks ShakaZula.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Sad King Billy posted:

I thought that Baltimore took a WR in the first round.I was so glad that they didn't since my first choice fell straight to us.
So thanks ShakaZula.

Happy to oblige.

For my part I'm glad I got to make a super homer pick that also makes sense. Hubbard still being on the board at 49 is nuts.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
I was gonna take Key at my pick :argh:

DaFrugalGamer
Aug 6, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Wait did I get skipped

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

Kirk was a hard choice here. Good players at positions of need for the panthers are still on the board but gently caress it, I'll take the interesting wideout the panthers have actually met with

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Added the third round order to the picks thread OP, because I'm a fool and an optimist

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
How many rounds are we doing? Am I even going to pick again at number 87? Why did I pick the goddamn Rams? My life is full of questions

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Play posted:

How many rounds are we doing? Am I even going to pick again at number 87? Why did I pick the goddamn Rams? My life is full of questions

Historically we've just gone until the actual draft starts. This year we started about a week earlier than usual, so I figure we'll either roll on to the actual draft or until enough people lose interest.

As for picking the Rams, I have no answers for you.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Man, imagine naming your kid Hercules and then he turns out to be a skinny nerd.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

a patagonian cavy if you're checking this thread, you're up

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Well it looks like we may have lost Dubious as well. Sigh.

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

Thats three of ours innit...to one of yours. You know mate I really think we ought to even up the average!
Isn't it frustrating when your picks are taken just a few spots before yours?

Whats more, a lot of the Goon picks are dropping, compared to where analysts think they will go in the draft.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Sad King Billy posted:

Isn't it frustrating when your picks are taken just a few spots before yours?

Whats more, a lot of the Goon picks are dropping, compared to where analysts think they will go in the draft.

I really thought Connor Williams was off the board by my picks at the top of the 2nd. Completely caught off guard when he was picked.

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

Ches Neckbeard posted:

I really thought Connor Williams was off the board by my picks at the top of the 2nd. Completely caught off guard when he was picked.

...and I thought Jamarco Jones would fall to me. Despite how good Watson is, I'm still not sure that trading away this years picks was a good trade?

Houston could have got Ryan Ramczyk last year and possibly Rosen or Mayfield with this years top four pick and a decent OL guy at the top of the second.
.....though not in the Goon draft, I'm not selecting Lamar Jackson at 4.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.
I think that Tampa should be up instead of the Giants. The JPP trade happened after we started our draft (by a day...), so in this fictional universe the Giants still have JPP and Tampa still has their 3rd rounder, correct?

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

MrLogan posted:

I think that Tampa should be up instead of the Giants. The JPP trade happened after we started our draft (by a day...), so in this fictional universe the Giants still have JPP and Tampa still has their 3rd rounder, correct?

You are correct. That's what I get for not copying the full draft order at the same time.

Edit: So that means wandler20 is up

ShakeZula fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Apr 14, 2018

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

I went ahead and made the Tampa Bay pick, so Coldforge is up.

Since this was my screw-up wandler, if you don't like the pick let me know and I can edit it to anyone who doesn't get picked in the meantime.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

ShakeZula posted:

I went ahead and made the Tampa Bay pick, so Coldforge is up.

Since this was my screw-up wandler, if you don't like the pick let me know and I can edit it to anyone who doesn't get picked in the meantime.

It's fine. I just assumed the Giants were taking the pick.

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

I was seriously considering Mike Gesecki for the Texans, however I thought Ian Thomas was a better fit. Though Gesecki is a big threat, he can't run block.

Gesecki will be a good TE but I think both have a good future.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
Thanks goons, for letting Lorenzo Carter fall to the third round.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
He was my second option for my second round pick. Annoyed he got nabbed.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Made the pick for the Cards. Texans are on the clock

Edit: Dang, Callaway was a guy I was stashing for the next round. If only he had more character concerns!

ShakeZula fucked around with this message at 13:39 on Apr 18, 2018

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

I'm sorry Baltimore fans.
I thought Gesecki or Andrews would drop to the 3rd, so I reached for Miller. I made a error.

My strategy was to get Miller and Gesecki/Andrews to build a redzone threat.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

I'm not sure Orlando Brown falls to the late third IRL but who knows, that was a horrific combine

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

TheFlyingLlama posted:

I'm not sure Orlando Brown falls to the late third IRL but who knows, that was a horrific combine

I thought he would drop to the fourth.

Doing badly at the Combine isn't the issue, seeming not to care much and being unprepared and unconditioned was.

If I didn't have character concerns, he would have been my first pick.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

TheFlyingLlama posted:

Sad King Billy posted:

I thought he would drop to the fourth.

Doing badly at the Combine isn't the issue, seeming not to care much and being unprepared and unconditioned was.

If I didn't have character concerns, he would have been my first pick.

He bounced back with a really solid pro day, he's back in the 3rd round discussion.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
I think it's time to old yeller this year's goon draft. It's been a good effort, Shake, thanks.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

I was hoping to limp to the end of the third, but yeah, it seems like it's more or less run its course.

Big thanks to everybody who participated. Now to see how hilariously different the actual draft turns out!

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Sorry guys. Been out of cell service on a family vacation. Just now catching up.

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009
This is not ending before i get my pick in.:argh:

Edit: Also thanks for the work you put in doing this. It has been fun.

korrandark fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Apr 24, 2018

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Hey, I'm leaving the picks thread open until the real draft starts. I just won't be bugging people to make their picks anymore

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

We seem to have suffered from many more amateur comedians in this draft. Last year went a lot more smoothly.

There is a batch of picks coming up with absentee GMs, maybe we should just pick for them, otherwise the draft ends.

Thanks for all the work you put in Shaka

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Sad King Billy posted:

We seem to have suffered from many more amateur comedians in this draft. Last year went a lot more smoothly.

There is a batch of picks coming up with absentee GMs, maybe we should just pick for them, otherwise the draft ends.

Thanks for all the work you put in Shaka

They all get small school udfa

• Locked thread