Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

It's that time again! Teams have unwrapped most of their shiny new free agents, the Combine is a memory, and we find ourselves in the wasteland of endless mock drafts and trade speculation. So why not pass the time trying to predict the future and get inside our favorite GMs' heads? Welcome to the 2018 Goon Draft!

The Rules

Each team will have one poster as its GM, responsible for making the picks. Teams are first come first serve. War rooms are fine, so long as there is a designated spokesperson. The clock on each pick is 24 hours, at which point if the spokesperson has not made a pick I will make one for them. No trades will be allowed, as they just tend to complicate things and previous drafts have run much more efficiently without them. If you just want to take part and don’t care which team you get, post and I’ll assign you to a team that might not have any other takers.

Here's the first round draft order:

1. Cleveland Browns Ches Neckbeard
2. New York Giants MrLogan
3. New York Jets mcmagic
4. Cleveland Browns Ches Neckbeard
5. Denver Broncos 3 DONG HORSE
6. Indianapolis Colts ShakeZula
7. Tampa Bay Buccaneers wandler20
8. Chicago Bears mastershakeman
9. San Francisco 49ers Coldforge
10. Oakland Raiders warcrimes
11. Miami Dolphins Amy Pole Her
12. Buffalo Bills fsif
13. Washington Redskins DaFrugalGamer
14. Green Bay Packers zimbomonkey
15. Arizona Cardinals Metapod
16. Baltimore Ravens Sad King Billy
17. Los Angeles Chargers a neat cape
18. Seattle Seahawks seiferguy
19. Dallas Cowboys incompetent
20. Detroit Lions Acebuckeye13
21. Cincinnati Bengals Eifert Posting
22. Buffalo Bills fsif
23. Los Angeles Rams Play
24. Carolina Panthers TheFlyingLlama
25. Tennessee Titans Demon Of The Fall
26. Atlanta Falcons korrandark
27. New Orleans Saints Silly Burrito
28. Pittsburgh SteelersThe Puppy Bowl
29. Jacksonville Jaguars a patagonian cavy
30. Minnesota Vikings Dubious
31. New England Patriots Coldforge
32. Philadelphia Eagles Diqnol

No first rounder, so sad
Houston Texans Sad King Billy
Kansas City Chiefs Eltoasto

Once the teams are full we'll get this thing going, hopefully in a week or so. Claim your teams, and claim your glory!

ShakeZula fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Apr 1, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I'll take cinci

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

Claiming the Saints so I can get my QB.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Broncos. I don't mind co-owner either

incompetent
Jun 4, 2013

D A L L A S

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
I'll take the 49ers Jimmy G's.

Will happily accept input from others, with the understanding that I'll ignore it completely and pick someone entirely unsuitable and overrated.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Bills!

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

Thats three of ours innit...to one of yours. You know mate I really think we ought to even up the average!
I will take a unclaimed team, with a preference for the Texans.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
As a fan of the San Diego Chargers, I'll take the Los Angeles Chargers

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
I'll take the Detroit Lions, since no matter how bad I pick I'll still probably end with a better track record than Matt Millen.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

I'll take the Carolina Panthers

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
I'll take the Los Angeles Rams, and I also would prefer to share these demanding responsibilities with a kindred soul.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Play posted:

I'll take the Los Angeles Rams, and I also would prefer to share these demanding responsibilities with a kindred soul.

I would be more than happy to recommend players for you, good sir! This same offer applies to whoever takes the Seahawks or Cardinals :devil:

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Jets

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I can do the Seahawks, sure.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Eagles baby

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
The mighty, mighty Oakland Raiders.

warcrimes fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Mar 17, 2018

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.
I'll do the Cards again this year, unless an actual fan wants to do it for them.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Gimmie my Brownies.

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Broncos. I don't mind co-owner either

i'll be your right-hand dong

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
If no phins posters want Miami I'll take them.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

zimbomonkey posted:

I’m late to the party so if you want them I’ll gladly let you. Otherwise i will

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Dr. Whet Faartz would like to know if this smells funny to you?
If someone who is a #1 Bears fan doesn't want to take it (or someone who is more in depth on the draft picks knowledge than me) wants to take the Bears pick, they can take it... Otherwise, as someone who has the bears as their second favorite team due to location of birth, but has been out of the loop this last year due to work both on the Bears and the draft I'll take the Chicago Bears.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

zimbomonkey posted:

Would you be interested in drafting for another team, since Amy Pole Her seems willing to take Miami? Still plenty of fine options!

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Amy Pole Her posted:

I’m late to the party so if you want them I’ll gladly let you. Otherwise i will

ugh

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Did you want Miami?

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Amy Pole Her posted:

Did you want Miami?

No. But please don't take your full 24 hours for every pick this year. :hfive:

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

warcrimes posted:

No. But please don't take your full 24 hours for every pick this year. :hfive:

I don’t mind sitting it out if it’s that important to you

Edit lol we have the lowest participation in tff history and sister fucker over here is already whining about people taking too long lololol

Edit 2 sorry sister fucker implies accomplishment

Amy Pole Her fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Mar 18, 2018

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
That being said I’m open to a war room as always.

We can take a full 24 hours to ensure we protect Miami’s future Super Bowl victories with our fake dying forum mock draft

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
Hmm are the pats still open? I might be able to do it if we bump the time limit to more like 48hrs, kinda busy these days

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Amy Pole Her posted:

I don’t mind sitting it out if it’s that important to you

Edit lol we have the lowest participation in tff history and sister fucker over here is already whining about people taking too long lololol

Edit 2 sorry sister fucker implies accomplishment

Amy Pole Her posted:

That being said I’m open to a war room as always.

We can take a full 24 hours to ensure we protect Miami’s future Super Bowl victories with our fake dying forum mock draft

Nice meltdown.

DaFrugalGamer
Aug 6, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Ill taje The Redskins

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

gimme them ravens

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Give me Arizona

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Phobeste posted:

Hmm are the pats still open? I might be able to do it if we bump the time limit to more like 48hrs, kinda busy these days

24 hours is a pretty firm rule, just to keep things moving. The Pats are still available and I would encourage you to sign up. Even if you can't follow the thread very closely it's not hard to check in once every day or two to see where we're at, and if you do that you likely won't miss your pick. If you have PMs I'm also pretty (in)famous for obsessively letting people know when it's their turn.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man

ShakeZula posted:

24 hours is a pretty firm rule, just to keep things moving. The Pats are still available and I would encourage you to sign up. Even if you can't follow the thread very closely it's not hard to check in once every day or two to see where we're at, and if you do that you likely won't miss your pick. If you have PMs I'm also pretty (in)famous for obsessively letting people know when it's their turn.

Sure I'll give it a go sign me up for the Patriots

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010
Give me packets

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY
Because my cat team is taken I'll happily take the Jaguars

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

warcrimes posted:

Nice meltdown.

Lol

Man you really live for this poo poo huh

ShakeZula posted:

Listen we’ve got nothing to do maybe shorten it to 3 hours please

- an actual poster on this forum lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

I'm officially designating Amy Pole Her for the Dolphins and Sad King Billy for the Texans

• Locked thread